Arrest DeSantis and Abbott: It's a federal crime to knowingly transport undocumented persons across state lines.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Gotcha. You want to retreat to la la land where somehow Biden could flip a switch and magically the border is solved. Typical GOP response: make outlandish and freakishly expensive “solutions” that still lets in the drugs and is quickly defeated by the overwhelming crush of people seeking every possible avenue of entry.

Just make sure the right people get the contracts.

Meanwhile, you define the market as the economy, ignoring the pay raises enjoyed by average workers and the impacts of last year’s child tax credit and this year’s student loan forgiveness which has increased the net worth of the bottom 50% of Americans by 60%

And 67,000 manufacturing jobs have been added in the US over pre-pandemic numbers.

Plz note “trickle down” actions so beloved by the GOP and their oligarch funders has led to crashing the UK stock market.

Yep, prices have risen due to a variety of factors, but gas is once again reasonably priced after the fossil fuel companies made their trillions, some of which was no doubt rapidly spent on weakening the Clean Energy bill which zero Republicans votes for although it helps their constituents.

And I hope you are right about the migration to red states: perhaps they will bring with them a desire for competent and compassionate governance.

Just remember, it is blue states economic support that keeps red states going. They are leeches on our nation, while failing to provide the health care and economic support the blue states and most of the rest of the world view as a right of their citizens.
The last thing the GOP wants is to solve anything at the border. Bullshitters want to exploit it. Put national E-Verify in place and jail anyone hiring without using it. That would stop the influx. Arizona tried it. Who challenged it? The Chamber of Commerce.

Performative bullshit for and by people whose folks didn’t teach them to tell the truth.

Dog 2.0

Super Anarchist
Gotcha. You want to retreat to la la land where somehow Biden could flip a switch and magically the border is solved. Typical GOP response: make outlandish and freakishly expensive “solutions” that still lets in the drugs and is quickly defeated by the overwhelming crush of people seeking every possible avenue of entry.

Just make sure the right people get the contracts.

Meanwhile, you define the market as the economy, ignoring the pay raises enjoyed by average workers and the impacts of last year’s child tax credit and this year’s student loan forgiveness which has increased the net worth of the bottom 50% of Americans by 60%

And 67,000 manufacturing jobs have been added in the US over pre-pandemic numbers.

Plz note “trickle down” actions so beloved by the GOP and their oligarch funders has led to crashing the UK stock market.

Yep, prices have risen due to a variety of factors, but gas is once again reasonably priced after the fossil fuel companies made their trillions, some of which was no doubt rapidly spent on weakening the Clean Energy bill which zero Republicans votes for although it helps their constituents.

And I hope you are right about the migration to red states: perhaps they will bring with them a desire for competent and compassionate governance.

Just remember, it is blue states economic support that keeps red states going. They are leeches on our nation, while failing to provide the health care and economic support the blue states and most of the rest of the world view as a right of their citizens.

The results are in. Americans under this Democratic administration are poorer, subjected to rising crime and the situation at the border is much worse. That's not hyperbole, that's the record.

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
The results are in. Americans under this Democratic administration are poorer, subjected to rising crime and the situation at the border is much worse. That's not hyperbole, that's the record.
And under the Trump admin folks were dying and cities, factories were closed while the administration dithered, talked about exposing our insides to UV light and bleach.

We can play your stupid “gotcha” games forever, but it’s stupid and a waste of time.

When are you gonna get serious?

Dog 2.0

Super Anarchist
And under the Trump admin folks were dying and cities, factories were closed while the administration dithered, talked about exposing our insides to UV light and bleach.

We can play your stupid “gotcha” games forever, but it’s stupid and a waste of time.

When are you gonna get serious?
Reality is what is happening on the ground, not in your imagination.

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
Reality is what is happening on the ground, not in your imagination.
Got it, you cannot get serious. Biden somehow “caused” the after effects of the pandemic which has led to a disruption in worldwide markets and distribution.

He was responsible for the war in Ukraine and profit taking by fossil fuel corps.

Why can’t you get serious? Children in 6th grade have more nuanced understanding of their world.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Actually, no. That's 4 lies in a row.

Where do you hide during thunderstorms?

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Got it, you cannot get serious. Biden somehow “caused” the after effects of the pandemic which has led to a disruption in worldwide markets and distribution.

He was responsible for the war in Ukraine and profit taking by fossil fuel corps.

Why can’t you get serious? Children in 6th grade have more nuanced understanding of their world.
The average 6th grader is not convinced, at the very core of their being, that "Democrat=BAD!" but the Republicans plan for education will fix this....

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas

You forgot the purple font...

Mike in Seattle

Super Anarchist
Latte land
Pretty much everybody for miles around came to help

I saw that there were a number of individuals who did "step up" and I salute those.

, but we're talking about the "institutional" response.

A quickie google search for "martha's island accomodations"
shows a LOT of places they could have been housed.

, and that place has some of the most bigly mansions in the country,
, surely the Obamas have an extra bedroom (???)

BUT

125 national guard to round up 50, and get them "out of sight"

1664282744214.png

1664282696273.png

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
I saw that there were a number of individuals who did "step up" and I salute those.

BUT

Umm, you want them housed in private homes where they can go anywhere and do anything, or are they dangerous illegal immigrants who should have some level of gov't oversight?

Way to shoot yourself in the foot.

I am glad to see you have some awareness of actual reality. Why do you cling to the "own tha libs" narrative? Do you just hate black people that much, you see red any time Obama or Kamala is mentioned?

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co

BUT

View attachment 543358

View attachment 543357
Day late and a dollar short mr Mike.. Though I do like the Obama one... The public agrees, Illegally transporting humans, across state lines, under false pretenses, for political gain = BAD.....!!!

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
I'm calling out the hypocrisy

The hypocrisy of DeSantis paying $300K each, to fly immigrants from Texas to Massachusetts, where they are welcomed and supported by the residents: Or the hypocrisy of the RWNJ hate-spew media in trying to falsely portray the people of Massachusetts & Martha's Vineyard, the US Army, and specifically the Obamas, as the same kind of knee-jerk anti-brown-people pinheads that their audience is?

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
I've never flown to MV... Do you suppose that if I told DeSantis that I was an asylum seeker from Venezuela, he'd put me on a chartered flight to the island? I hear it's beautiful there this time of year.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Because they were all deported off Martha's Vineyard.

No, they were taken to a US miltary base with facilities for all of them to live safely and under supervision.

I thought your idea was that immigrants of uncertain legal status should not be simply turned loose? Could you make up your tiny mind?