Artemis?

hello from germany! i visited the famous hangar-7 airplane museum in salzburg (austria) this week. a cool place. but i saw something intresting out of the sailing world as well. two guys with Artemis Racing Jackets and two guys with red bull baseball caps had a meeting in the cafeshop of the red bull airplane museum. after some investigation i found out it was Artemis Racing CEO Paul Cayard with the austrian multihull double olympic champions roman hagara and hans peter steinacher. the austrians run an extreme 40 team in the extreme 40 world series. artemis was one of their competitors in 2011....intresting....does anyone know if they are sailing for artemis now?

~Stingray~~

Super Anarchist
Some people have been posting they think Terry Hutchinson could or should get replaced, so.. That could fit.

Thanks for posting, that's interesting.

~Stingray~~

Super Anarchist
Yes, they have another AC45 coming and could be looking to add sailors. Maybe even to compete with TH. And to answer your question, No those two guys have not been on the Artemis team so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
i follow the extreme 40 from time to time and know sailors from the german team (not in the series anymore). they were always suprised about the austrians and the red bull team. they said that they sail with less budget compared to the top teams but are the only team which was able to win against them. would be intresting to see how they act in a top team.

anarchist, thanks for your post and the information about the ac45 boat!

bcopper

Super Anarchist
Did they look like these guys ?

/monthly_12_2011/post-24261-015224600%201324177122_thumb.jpg

/monthly_12_2011/post-24261-061260800%201324177122_thumb.jpg

Attachments

• Cayard.JPG.jpg
    Cayard.JPG.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 25
  • Terry.JPG.jpg
    Terry.JPG.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 27

bcopper

Super Anarchist
Yes, they have another AC45 coming and could be looking to add sailors. Maybe even to compete with TH. And to answer your question, No those two guys have not been on the Artemis team so far.
I'm sure they need to build the team - and I think TH will benefit from having a regular sparring partner.

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
online i found a picture from steinacher with russell coutts from san diego?/monthly_12_2011/post-58243-066545100%201324204072_thumb.jpg
So, was RC the second guy in Artemis gear?
blink.gif

What did RC and Steinacher had to talk about? What's the connection between this conversation and the Austrian meeting? Link of the pic?

k2mav

Artemis has Santi Lange already on the payroll since day 1, strange him not having a chance at the AC45. Lange is sponsored by Red Bull as the Austrians and they've trained together for two Olympics. Two Golds for the Euros and two bronce for the Argies plus a T WC in 2004..