Ashes 21/22

bot

Brisbane
The strength of the domestic 4 day comp is vital. You can’t learn test cricket from playing that T20 Indian baseball bullshit. Great opportunity to put blood some prospects in the 5th test.
A great idea to get some fresh talent into the "mix". I wonder how many of the existing test team would be 'happy' to loose there match payments to see this happen? Players Union?

The Main Man

Super Anarchist
Blighty
The strength of the domestic 4 day comp is vital. You can’t learn test cricket from playing that T20 Indian baseball bullshit. Great opportunity to put blood some prospects in the 5th test.
Totally. I don’t think the introduction of The Hundred helped either.

Alhadder

Super Anarchist
Left coast of Oz
So the 5th and final Ashes Test was due to start in Hobart in 12 minutes...but it's been raining and there is more on the way however they should get some play in today. 

Doesn't look like the final XI's have been named yet but it looks like England will be blooding a new cap or two.

Apparently the pitch is a bit green so winning the toss will present the winning captain with a tough decision.

Alhadder

Super Anarchist
Left coast of Oz
Wake up England coz you might not see 10 Aussie wickets down before you wake up!!!

You would not want to be batting on that pitch. Good toss win by Root and even better decision to say "We'll bowl"

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA
If England skittle Australia  out, I really wouldn't want to be England batting on that green track tonight under the lights.  Carnage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alhadder

Super Anarchist
Left coast of Oz
If England skittle Australia  out, I really wouldn't want to be England batting on that green track tonight under the lights.  Carnage.
Don't worry it doesn't look like that is going to happen tonight coz Labuschagne, Head & Green have counterpunched to some woeful English bowling in the last 90 minutes of play...152 on the board from 38 overs with 4 down.

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA
Well, Australia are 301/9, and two splendid sixes from Lyon, the first one right out of the ground into someone's back yard.  England will have it "all on" to bat this evening.

EDIT, Lyon bowled, so 303 all out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alhadder

Super Anarchist
Left coast of Oz
So...after an excellent start by England, by having Australia at 3/12 at one stage, and then tempting the Aussie tail with some high leg side bowling to get 2 cheap wickets early the last two wickets have put on 50, including 3 sixes from Lyon, to propel to Australia to a few over 300. 

So now it's England's turn to bat.  I wonder if they'll be all out by stumps today.

SCARECROW

Super Anarchist
Melbourne, Aus
not a big cricket fan (not overly interested at all) but just tuned in to see what was happening as I'm stuck at my computer.  Wow that's a green pitch.

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA
I really hope Australia will use this as an exercise to practice their red ball game, and build a good long strong innings tonight and tomorrow.  It will be good for morale, good training, and good for the Hobart crowd.

The weather looks OK, so there will be plenty of time to massacre the Poms on day 4, or even day 5 if they survive that long.

Alhadder

Super Anarchist
Left coast of Oz
I really hope Australia will use this as an exercise to practice their red ball game, and build a good long strong innings tonight and tomorrow.  It will be good for morale, good training, and good for the Hobart crowd.

The weather looks OK, so there will be plenty of time to massacre the Poms on day 4, or even day 5 if they survive that long.
I do not see this match going to a 4th day. I'd argue Australia only need another 100 runs to give a lead of 250+ and then bowl England out under lights. 

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA
I do not see this match going to a 4th day. I'd argue Australia only need another 100 runs to give a lead of 250+ and then bowl England out under lights. 
Fair enough. 

But my point was to use this opportunity as a rare red ball long-thinking training exercise.  They don't crop up with the weeds.  

Latest posts