Ashes 21/22

Alhadder

Super Anarchist
Left coast of Oz
Fair enough. 

But my point was to use this opportunity as a rare red ball long-thinking training exercise.  They don't crop up with the weeds.  
Yeah but the ball is moving around quite a bit so I'd be surprised that Aust get to 200. Plus I think they'd prefer to bowl to the English top order under lights rather than the first session tomorrow.

Alhadder

Super Anarchist
Left coast of Oz
6/89 I don't think that was in the plan....
Probably true...but getting to 141 for whatever, which means a 256 run lead would certainly have been in the plan.  Aussie bowlers get almost 2 full sessions today to knock the Poms over. That'd be the plan from here on in  :)

00seven

James "Grumpy" Bond
Blue marble
Probably true...but getting to 141 for whatever, which means a 256 run lead would certainly have been in the plan.  Aussie bowlers get almost 2 full sessions today to knock the Poms over. That'd be the plan from here on in  :)
Well, it's 8/144 now and the tail is still wagging...

Alhadder

Super Anarchist
Left coast of Oz
England need 271.  Any bets?
With the English openers making their 1st 50+ run partnership in the series the chances of this game getting into the 4th day have increased significantly. However since Burns got out they've now lost 4/22 of last 69 deliveries and 90 minutes to play tonight it might not. Only Root left of the recognised batsmen.

Edit 20 mins later: And now Root has gone too. 5 wickets to get in 70 minutes. Doable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alhadder

Super Anarchist
Left coast of Oz
Well this is calamitous...from 0/68 to 8/115.  Woeful

Edit: Make that all out for 124. Pitiful performance by England in the end. Just put up the white flag and surrendered.

Last edited by a moderator:

LB 15

Cunt
The poms now know how the crew of Celestial feel having a victory snatched from you. Hobart can be a cruel place.

Oh well back to the drawing board for England. Se you all in two years.

Out.

00seven

James "Grumpy" Bond
Blue marble
The poms now know how the crew of Celestial feel having a victory snatched from you. Hobart can be a cruel place.

Oh well back to the drawing board for England. Se you all in two years.

Out.
If the Poms can get test results in three days why can't we?  :ph34r:

Grabbler

Grabbler
Good mate was in the Customs House when the Aussie team rolled in yesterday...said he had a great time and so did they...his exact quote was "Travis Head, man of the Match, man of the series and the drunkest cunt in Hobart. What a little legend."...

Alhadder

Super Anarchist
Left coast of Oz
Seems the English Women are following the lead of their male counterparts.

Aust declared at 9/337 and England battling to avoid follow on at 8/173. I'm guessing the follow on figure for Women is 150 not 200.