Ashes 21/22

Tunnel Rat

Super Anarchist
3,146
466
Stumps - Aus 343/7 with a lead of 196 and three wickets still in hand.  

Even Houdini would have trouble getting out of this..... unless the weather cooperates - or the sight of LB15 streaking across the ground has the probable effect of rendering the Australian players inoperable, not to mention the dents in the pitch which would have the ground staff in tears.

 

Grabbler

Grabbler
3,280
335
This morning...a couple doors down from Brisbane German Club... :lol:

20211209_085027.jpg

 

LB 15

Cunt
Ok now the PUI'ing is getting out of control. Man are you going to have a sore head in the morning 
No all good mate- in fact apart from a slight headache, the stolen police car in my driveway and the naked Midget asleep on my couch, there appears to be little collateral damage. However despite it already being 30 degrees outside, the mood inside the house is a tad frosty. I think I might fuck off down to the boat and listen to the poms getting flogged on the wireless. Cracker of a storm here last night.

 

Alhadder

Super Anarchist
3,681
334
Left coast of Oz
And that's drinks with one wicket down and 70 runs on the board. Aussies rubbing in the hurt. They could have a lead over 300 by the end of this innings. 

England will need to dig in at the crease to take it to the 4th day.

 

Tunnel Rat

Super Anarchist
3,146
466
Aus all out for 425, a 1st innings lead of 278!

England make it to lunch on 23 without loss.  It's going to be a long day.

(Still trying to resist commenting on domestic frostiness and naked midgets......)

 

Tunnel Rat

Super Anarchist
3,146
466
I've just seen a website with a "Live Win Probability"  it is saying 2% chance of an England win, 6% for a draw and 92% for an Australia win.  Seems depressingly accurate!

 

Alhadder

Super Anarchist
3,681
334
Left coast of Oz
TR so Malan & Root have survived through to tea but at least one of them needs to bat through to stumps to make the Aussies bat again.

Still 171 runs to get before Warner & Harris will need to don the pads again. 

 

Alhadder

Super Anarchist
3,681
334
Left coast of Oz
Well well well...here we are at stumps and both Root & Malan are still at the crease. England digging in but it's a bit like Gallipoli...they will eventually be defeated.

England still need another 58 runs to make Australia bat again, which they're likely to get now I will concede, but how much will they be ahead and have to defend?

We shall see.  

Onto other matters - LB must've gone down to the boat and left his phone behind coz he hasn't been heard of all day, unless the men in blue have caught up with him and charged him with theft of squad car, kidnapping of midget and disorderly conduct outside the German club  :lol:

Till tomorrow...tis beer o'clock her in the West.

 

LB 15

Cunt
No I am all good. Passed a pleasant day on my floating doghouse. Well played by Root and Malan. What a year Root has had and led fromnthe front today. Looks like we have a game on. Early to bed for me tonight. Might head to the Gabba again tomorrow but I will leave the Pimms alone. That stuff slides down a bit too easy.

 

Alhadder

Super Anarchist
3,681
334
Left coast of Oz
Well that resistance didn't last long. LB if you did get to the Gabba you better get into the Pimms now coz you won't be there much linger

 

Alhadder

Super Anarchist
3,681
334
Left coast of Oz
Done...in a canter in the end.

Both Root & Malan couldn't backup yesterday's effort and didn't last long this morning and then the rest of the team rolled over with no resistance offered.

The GOAT gets his 400th Test wicket, then gets another 3, Head gets Man of the Match with his 152 in the Aussie 1st Innings.

England will be licking their wounds and need to find some resolve over the next 5 days and put up more of a fight in Adelaide with the 2nd Test starting on Thursday 16 Dec

 
Top