Ashes 21/22

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA
Australia 189-7, so I think if they get to 220, they'll declare, and leave England a hopeless target of 460-ish.

Last edited by a moderator:

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA
Australia 230-9 declared.  45 minutes till tea.  England needing 468 runs to win.  Any bets?  No?

Alhadder

Super Anarchist
Left coast of Oz
Oooowww...Starc gets Root right where you don't want to get hit. Takes a few minutes to recover then a couple of overs later nicks Richardson behind and that's stumps with England 4 down.

Will they last till dinner break tomorrow? We'll see.

00seven

James "Grumpy" Bond
Blue marble
Oooowww...Starc gets Root right where you don't want to get hit. Takes a few minutes to recover then a couple of overs later nicks Richardson behind and that's stumps with England 4 down.

They're not showing the discipline to bat it out till stumps. No way they'll go the distance.

The Main Man

Super Anarchist
Blighty

It’s even worse because he got hit in the same place in the morning practicing without wearing a box. Hope no permanent damage!

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA
England still chuntering along, 140-6 now, and Woakes and Buttler looking a bit more comfortable.  Let's see what happens after the dinner break.  If I was them I'd stiffen up with some Bundy and a few Tim Tams for afters.

Alhadder

Super Anarchist
Left coast of Oz
I tell you what...this late rearguard action by Woakes, Buttler and Robinson is getting  bit boring. C'mon get on with it you're just delaying the inevitable!!!

Edit: That's better...2 to go