ASTA Great Lakes United Tallship Challenge 2010

Ahoy! Thanks for touching base; I'll definitely pick your brain a little when the time is closer to making the river trip south. Right now, I'm sill having a tough row finding enough crew for the trip from Champlain to Buffalo, and Buffalo to Green Bay....Again, thanks.

jjames

Ahoy! Thanks for touching base; I'll definitely pick your brain a little when the time is closer to making the river trip south. Right now, I'm sill having a tough row finding enough crew for the trip from Champlain to Buffalo, and Buffalo to Green Bay....Again, thanks.

Is the Green Bay to Chicago schedule still 8/12-8/29? I have a 16 year old daughter that has been on me for a couple years to do a tall ship cruise. we were already planning to come up from Louisville to the chicago stop.

The Green Bay schedule is still August 12-15....Then south Haven, Chicago, and Traverse City. We are currently in the Erie Canal, lock 14 last nite, headed west. Still hunting crew; some have inquired, but no shows yet....Re-stepping the rig in Buffalo in roughly a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Avast, and an update...The summer schedule went well, with a record crowd at Navy Pier in Chicago. We've unstepped the rig, and are now transiting the rivers to the Gulf. I now need some crew/ linehandlers for the rest of the transit. Royaliste is moored just above St. Louis, and I'd like to start south again Tuesday..Any local takers??

stuck in the middle

Super Anarchist
Chicago
Avast, and an update...The summer schedule went well, with a record crowd at Navy Pier in Chicago. We've unstepped the rig, and are now transiting the rivers to the Gulf. I now need some crew/ linehandlers for the rest of the transit. Royaliste is moored just above St. Louis, and I'd like to start south again Tuesday..Any local takers??
Are you under way

Actually, I' stopped for a few weeks on Kentucky Lake to re-step the rig, and wait for crew. I still need to finish the transit to Mobile Bay, where I'm going to haul out, do a little seam repair, and repaint the bottom for life back in salt water. Royaliste has an offer to winter over in Puerto Rico, but I'm very hesitant to answer to offer, being 'crew-less' at the moment....

Memopad

Super Anarchist
Marquette, MI
Jesus this would be a dream come true to jump on a ship like this. Damn me and my new job, can't get that kind of time off
dry.gif
. I was out sailing my boat a while back this summer when i saw 3 masts and a shitload of canvas pop over the horizon, i had no idea what was going on but it was the coolest thing ever. Ended up sailing circles around Europa (185ft of sexy) as she came into the harbor of marquette for the night. Had quite a crowd on the dock for being an unannounced visit. Didn't get a chance to talk to any of the crew, they were hard at work welding and grinding and doing all kinds of stuff. She set off again early the next morning, i think heading toward duluth. Someday...

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye! Those folks on Europa were a fun bunch this summer...(cheap dates as for their rum holding capabilities, tho'!)..Well, stay in touch, although I don't think we're returning to the 'Lakes for a while. Mostly anxious for new surroundings and spots for the hook. Crunching some numbers as we speak for some parties in Puerto Rico this winter...If that pans out, I'll be hiring four or so from the Tallship crew pool......Good luck sailin'