Astronomy Anarchy

Snaggletooth

Morrelle Compasse
#MeToo.

Simply trying to comprehend what those people have figured out is next to impossible.

I get the impression that it requires being able to think in mathematics the way the rest of us think in words.
It needes thisse kinde of understandengs.....

:)

Sean

Super Anarchist
Sag Harbor, NY
5709B4DD-42BE-4173-A8DC-737563027FF4.jpeg

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
A bit off topic - is anyone else watching "How The Universe Works"? Didn't want to start another thread but will do so to keep this from getting hijacked.  I find it very interesting and the more I watch the less I think I know.  Sign me curious and confused.
I've seen many of them but have just learned to "binge watch" so seeing them all (some again) is on my list. Working through Dirty Jobs right now though.

Mike Rowe is able to narrate as if he actually understands what he's saying on HTUW but if you watch enough Dirty Jobs he seems normal and as confused by those ubergeeks as any normal person would be.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
I've seen many of them but have just learned to "binge watch" so seeing them all (some again) is on my list. Working through Dirty Jobs right now though.

Mike Rowe is able to narrate as if he actually understands what he's saying on HTUW but if you watch enough Dirty Jobs he seems normal and as confused by those ubergeeks as any normal person would be.
Fuck off bitch.

valis

Super Anarchist
Friday Harbor, WA
OK, not a storm, but a respectable shower.  Definitely more meteors than on a typical night.  Not particularly bright, minimal tails (mostly), and a few bright flashes coming straight at us.  There wasn't a well-defined radiant.  I went outside about 10:10PM PDT, and I understand that the peak may have been a bit before 10:00.  We got to see the ISS fly overhead about 10:23PM.  Beautiful clear night by Bodega Bay, CA.