Atlanta

White Lightnin'

Super Anarchist
Anacortes, Wa
Well, it's hot and humid! Rode the MARTA from airport. Very abandoned area South of downtown. Only business still up are surrounded by razorwire.

Apparently Trump was in town earlier today and LE and protesters are freaking everywhere.

WL

White Lightnin'

Super Anarchist
Anacortes, Wa
SWMBO grew up in Juneau and then the PNW. I am giggling at her jaw dropping every time we walk around a corner. Small town girl in the big city..

;)

WL
Never been to Sea-Tac area, but aren't those fairly large cities?
They are. We avoid them. Trips to Seahawks or Mariners games. The occasional dinner. But never out wandering about through downtown.

We live in a town of 15k and think it's gotten overcrowded.

;)

WL

White Lightnin'

Super Anarchist
Anacortes, Wa
PB, you will need to put the aquarium on your list. Walking through a glass tunnel with 3 large whale sharks swimming overhead is almost surreal.

The Botanical gardens are very cool as well.

Hoping to head to Stone Mt. tomorrow!

WL

Jollymonsing

Oh..........I am an aquarium geek, and I have visited EVERY major aquarium in the US so you have to take that into account but............the aquarium........yep.
So how do you rate Monterey Bay against the others you have seen? Been there, the Shed and Boston, but no others. I thought Monterey was the best of those three.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Oh..........I am an aquarium geek, and I have visited EVERY major aquarium in the US so you have to take that into account but............the aquarium........yep.
So how do you rate Monterey Bay against the others you have seen? Been there, the Shed and Boston, but no others. I thought Monterey was the best of those three.
So far.......
#1 Baltimore Inner Harbor

#2 Monterey

#3 Atlanta

#4 San Diego Birch Aquarium

#5 Steinhart San Francisco

I like Shed......never been to Boston.

derelicte

Super Anarchist
new england aquarium is pretty small. wasn't very impressive 20+ years ago. doubt it has changed much. well maybe the rusty barge they held the dolphin show in finally sank.

but thanks. now I have that stupid penguin line from the tv commercials stuck in my head. :)

Jollymonsing

So far.......#1 Baltimore Inner Harbor

#2 Monterey

#3 Atlanta

Thanks for that. Sorry I never went to Birch when I lived in SDG. I get To Baltimore occasionally, will have to check it out

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
So far.......#1 Baltimore Inner Harbor

#2 Monterey

#3 Atlanta

Thanks for that. Sorry I never went to Birch when I lived in SDG. I get To Baltimore occasionally, will have to check it out
It's visually way cool. A central continuous circular ramp going up with displays all the way around. You look over the railing down into center, and the ground floor is a huge tank with sharks and rays swimming around. You get to the top and go through a pair of doors into a rooftop rainforest with spiders, birds, frogs, salamanders, and plants. Hugely cool!
https://goo.gl/images/KP2Pia

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts