Aussie Government blow it (Again)

Frogman56

Anarchist
Sydney
The fuckers are either corrupt or incompetent. 

A dozen highly paid bureaucrats and ministers not doing their jobs. They have been taking money (salaries) under false pretences, and continue do so.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
Today in the 'New York Times' where US is Australia's 2nd largest tourism market and largest by pp spend.

NYT - Stranded Overseas, Thousands Beg Australia to Let Them Come Home

Australian tourism operators that last year attracted a $45 billion visitor spend with a commensurate contribution to employment will be overjoyed about this marvelous international marketing campaign the respective governments are waging on their behalf.

Keep it up ..stirling work. Lucky Anna will be the first to be rewarded next month.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Mikakos has resigned.

I always got the impression she was not terribly competent and a bit waffly.

Martin Pakula will be next.

Makes perfect sense to me that the minister for health and the minister for jobs would be the ones to decide who would have signed off on a contract to employ people from the private sector.

For neither of them not to know who signed the contracts with the security companies is ludicrous.

I'm betting Pakula is behind this.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Shortfor..

Is this the resignation order:

1. Pakula

2. Health Dept. Secretary

3. Andrews

Over the next six months?
Wait and see.

Personally I don't see why Dan Andrews should resign at the moment.

The purpose of a Minister is to report to the Premier.

It's not his job to sign off on every administrative decision his ministers make is it?

If that were the case, every Premier and Prime Minister should resign for every cock up their ministers make. They don't.

If he were a party to the decision to employ private security, that would be a different matter.

The Premier is one man or one woman. They can't reasonably be expected to know everything that's going on in the various government departments all of the time.

Just how long did the governments, either federally or state have to put things in place to control this? a week?

Maybe you'd have prefered all action delayed for a month or so to hold meetings, invite the Opposition to have time to dig up their own action plan?

Don't forget that apart from the Quarantine Issue, there's hundreds of other Covid related things he has to turn his attention to. The budget, support for small and large business, people being evicted, and of course working night and day with the health experts and data people.

On top of that there's the fallout from the bushfires.

CEO's of companies don't resign over cock ups from their 2IC . they get fired by Shareholders..We are the government shareholders and we will decide next election.

Of course, he may choose to resign when this pandemic is over. Take a nice holiday..I know I would.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Wait and see.

Personally I don't see why Dan Andrews should resign at the moment.

The purpose of a Minister is to report to the Premier.

It's not his job to sign off on every administrative decision his ministers make is it?

If that were the case, every Premier and Prime Minister should resign for every cock up their ministers make. They don't.

If he were a party to the decision to employ private security, that would be a different matter.

The Premier is one man or one woman. They can't reasonably be expected to know everything that's going on in the various government departments all of the time.

Just how long did the governments, either federally or state have to put things in place to control this? a week?

Maybe you'd have prefered all action delayed for a month or so to hold meetings, invite the Opposition and the Greens to have time to dig up their own action plans? Invite the community to hunt for information on the internet and have their two bobs worth too?

Don't forget that apart from the Quarantine Issue, there's hundreds of other Covid related things he has to turn his attention to. The budget, support for small and large business, people being evicted, and of course working night and day with the health experts and data people.

On top of that there's the fallout from the bushfires.

CEO's of companies don't resign over cock ups from their 2IC . they get fired by Shareholders..We are the government shareholders and we will decide next election.

Of course, he may choose to resign when this pandemic is over. Take a nice holiday..I know I would.

Rambler

Super Anarchist
East Coast OZ
CEO's of companies don't resign over cock ups from their 2IC . they get fired by Shareholders..
Or get jailed if its an OHS issue with a fatality involved in Victoria.

Anyhow Andrews strikes me as a complete control freak. I can't help but suspect he not only knew but effectively made the decision. I believe he's been covered for. The story that his chief of staff didn't tell him about the Army being offered for assistance by the Prima Minister doesn't sound the least credible to me.

After all, if he was too busy protecting Victorian's from COVID to, as he said, worry about something as trivial as national security, then what exactly has he been doing for the last six months than micro managing his once in a lifetime opportunity to enjoy unfettered dictatorial control; to which he's now trying to add a dystopian arbitrary arrest power.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Or get jailed if its an OHS issue with a fatality involved in Victoria.

Anyhow Andrews strikes me as a complete control freak. I can't help but suspect he not only knew but effectively made the decision. I believe he's been covered for. The story that his chief of staff didn't tell him about the Army being offered for assistance by the Prima Minister doesn't sound the least credible to me.

After all, if he was too busy protecting Victorian's from COVID to, as he said, worry about something as trivial as national security, then what exactly has he been doing for the last six months than micro managing his once in a lifetime opportunity to enjoy unfettered dictatorial control; to which he's now trying to add a dystopian arbitrary arrest power.
You're entitled to your opinion of course.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Copy...

But do you really think that e.g. Pakula or Mikakos are competent to be Ministers?
They've both been  ministers for years. Pakula seems to have a clean slate, Mikakos should have been tossed out years ago by Bracksie. I think she's incompetent or corrupt or both. But that's just my opinion. 

LB 15

Cunt
astro said:
So did you stay at "The Lake" at Quilpie?

We stayed in the shearers quarters for years before they developed it, fished in the lake, repaired the toilets, rounded up the sheep, thinned out the feral animals.  Went there last in our Sprinter.

If I had known you were going there I would have farking warned them!
No was at an old school friend of the brides sheep station about an hour west of town. 

I had not been to Quilpie for over 30 years. Town looks like it is doing OK. They had good rain in August  some more last week. Big country out there. 

LB 15

Cunt
astro said:
HomelyUnsungAmethystsunbird-max-1mb.gif

I have bookmarked this one for after the election.

Do that. But at least get some new Gifs. These are getting old.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
Personally I don't see why Dan Andrews should resign at the moment....

...If that were the case, every Premier and Prime Minister should resign for every cock up their ministers make. They don't...
Last time I looked I couldn't find since WWII an Australian PM or Premier being on watch when north of 600 deaths have occured in one hit, let alone a monumental cock-up involving unnecessary ones in any number.

So Short as skipper (off or on watch) and your boat goes on the bricks and someone dies, then it is everyone else's fault starting with your watch captain, not yours.

I really hope you are never in front of an inquest.

I have read today with interest Andrews evidence including his apology to his fellow Victorians. BUT not one fucking utterence or acknowledgement of the pain and suffering he and his government have foisted upon fellow Australians. Maybe that is why he chose to embrace China's B&R overtures against the advice of fellow Australians. He doesn't see himself as Australian, or at least one holding the same values.

The cunt can get fucked.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
Wrong and it's decide time now. 

CEO's get fired by the Board of Directors and for serious cockups the Chairman of the Board resigns and possibly the Director(s) having divisional oversight.

If they don't resign then at the next meeting of shareholders (election) where Board positions are up for grabs, the entire Board will be going on permanent holiday. There maybe even a shareholder(s) with sufficient equity to make it nice and bloody demanding board representation.

That's how the rule of accountability works both in business, the public and elected sectors.

Resign early or it gets ugly.

PS. I wonder how many shareholders in Australia Ltd it would take 30 days before its next subsidiary AGM (Victorian election) to go online in Labour marginals and remove Andrews, his successor and bunch of merry men from the company. Not many is my guess. Or if lazy nominate a proxy by tipping some money at a conservative activist group (such as the left's equivalent, GetUp) to really work their Labour hit list.

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
Last time I looked I couldn't find since WWII an Australian PM or Premier being on watch when north of 600 deaths have occured in one hit, let alone a monumental cock-up involving unnecessary ones in any number.

So Short as skipper (off or on watch) and your boat goes on the bricks and someone dies, then it is everyone else's fault starting with your watch captain, not yours.

I really hope you are never in front of an inquest.

I have read today with interest Andrews evidence including his apology to his fellow Victorians. BUT not one fucking utterence or acknowledgement of the pain and suffering he and his government have foisted upon fellow Australians. Maybe that is why he chose to embrace China's B&R overtures against the advice of fellow Australians. He doesn't see himself as Australian, or at least one holding the same values.

The cunt can get fucked.
so it's the skippers fault the bow guy got the owner's daughter pregnant?

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
so it's the skippers fault the bow guy got the owner's daughter pregnant?
I don't recall an inquest involving an unplanned pregnancy.

That aside don't laugh.  :lol:  The next gig the owner only had sons and kept the wife on a tight leash.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Jacks not looking very hard

"Last time I looked I couldn't find since WWII an Australian PM or Premier being on watch when north of 600 deaths have occured in one hit, let alone a monumental cock-up involving unnecessary ones in any number."

Polio epidemic 1951-54 killed nearly 700 children in OZ..12,000 cases left thousands crippled..

Accounting for todays pop that would be 2100 deaths- 36,000 cases

Premier WA, worst effected state was sir Ross McClarty. he didn't resign..

And of course the PM was the sainted Robert Menzies.

I cant see any premier resigned and Menzies certainly didn't.

I guess in those days, shit just happened and the pollies were allowed to get on with their jobs the best they could without the opposition pack howling at their heels.

Seriously, If Andrews displayed the incompetence  of Trump or B Johnson, youd have something to squeal about.

Just suck it up that your boys are in opposition and let the man get on with the job.