Aussie Government blow it (Again)

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
“I want to make it very clear to each and every member of the Victorian community that I am sorry for what has occurred here. And I want to issue an unreserved apology to all Victorians.
That apology reminds me of Rudd's apology to the "stolen generation". An apology for something that happened in the past for which he was not responsible for.

The only difference is that Rudd what not responsible for what he apologised for.

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
How about Dan's incompetence about face shields.

It's taken them 10 weeks or whatever of mandatory mask wearing to finally understand the bleeding fucking obvious about face shields. 

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
scot appreciates every click. random has you pegged.
So proper discourse is a challenge, any critisism of the Andrews administration is unwarranted, but can't say why and draw intellectual inspiration from Randumb. 

Oh dear.

Last edited by a moderator:

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
This is for Meli who thinks it amusing that 100,000 citizens (comprising even seperated single families) are not getting home for Christmas as it saves them a day with the in-laws. 

New airline passenger cap means just seven extra seats per flight

This is cap increase from 4k to 6k incoming per week that Qld won't have signed up to in full to until after election. ..So planes go from around 90% empty now to 88% empty in Nov. Wow that's going to work.

Pay walled but interesting slice was many of those making it back were reversing the professional 'brain drain' that had gone oversess. Many employers surprised at the CV's they were getting and jumping to get hold of them. 

Another black mark against Andrews administrstion for bringing international citizen repatriation to a grinding halt in July.

PS Warne is on Twitter bitching he can't get a guaranteed flight back to Aust next month. I bet he gets a seat.

LB 15

Cunt
Jacks not looking very hard

"Last time I looked I couldn't find since WWII an Australian PM or Premier being on watch when north of 600 deaths have occured in one hit, let alone a monumental cock-up involving unnecessary ones in any number."

Polio epidemic 1951-54 killed nearly 700 children in OZ..12,000 cases left thousands crippled..

Accounting for todays pop that would be 2100 deaths- 36,000 cases

Premier WA, worst effected state was sir Ross McClarty. he didn't resign..

And of course the PM was the sainted Robert Menzies.

I cant see any premier resigned and Menzies certainly didn't.

I guess in those days, shit just happened and the pollies were allowed to get on with their jobs the best they could without the opposition pack howling at their heels.

Seriously, If Andrews displayed the incompetence  of Trump or B Johnson, youd have something to squeal about.

Just suck it up that your boys are in opposition and let the man get on with the job.
Indeed but Polio didn't kill all those people solely because of Premier Sir Ross McClarty's lack of leadership.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Indeed but Polio didn't kill all those people solely because of Premier Sir Ross McClarty's lack of leadership.
Didn't it? 

Good luck in finding any evidence for that, official documentation about that epidemic is woefully inadequate.

I've even searched Trove and newspapers at the time seem focused on the epidemic in relation to The Queen's visit and Menzies arranging for her to sleep and eat on the Royal Yacht while "visiting" WA for fear of contagion.

All I'm saying is that this is new, back in March/April everyone was working with limited knowledge and "winging it" to a certain extent.

There were fuck ups like the Ruby Princess and Melbourne Quarantine, the Age care deaths all over the country.(Can't wait for the response from Dark Knight etc when Fed Labor demand a Royal Commission into that one, It's a Federal responsibility).mistakes were to be expected. Nothing was perfect.

I think overall and compared to other countries all our politicians handled it well. 

Now we know more and hindsight is a wonderful thing. But until this is "over" or at least we (especially Victoria) have returned to semi normal, please just let those we elected do what they need to do now and not be distracted or waste their valuable time..and sleep with half arsed enquiries that opposition parties will then deem inadequate and insist on Royal commissions. (and I mean all states and the Feds will go through this, it's what we do! 

We can have the Royal Commissions etc later.

I'm just trying to be reasonable.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist

Didn't it? 

Good luck in finding any evidence for that, official documentation about that epidemic is woefully inadequate....

...I'm just trying to be reasonable.
More BobsterBullshit. 

Nationally polio peak was around 350 one year and less than 700 total multiple years as you state.  

784 dead (88 rest of Australia) Andrews has the national record post WWII incl polio plus banged that away in less 6 months, the majority in less than two.

Chew on it.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Now we have seemed to have thrashed out the subject of Victoria's outbreak.

Maybe we could turn our attention to a national disgrace.

Deaths in the Age Care sector?

Should Scott Morrison resign? Colbeck certainly should. 

Or maybe some people Just would prefer not to go there and let everyone get on with their jobs and deal with it later..or not at all?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-25/coronavirus-aged-care-australia-crisis-feels-shockingly-familiar/12592178 

In the Senate, Aged Care Minister Richard Colbeck was armed with his own statistics following last week's embarrassing Senate committee hearing in which he couldn't recall the number of infections or deaths in aged care.

The Royal Commission into Aged Care's senior counsel assisting Peter Rozen QC said hearings over the coming days would examine whether more could have been done to protect residents.

He said the commission would also examine whether greater preparation could have saved lives.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-10/royal-commission-aged-care-examines-government-coronavirus-plan/12541246

"While there was undoubtedly a great deal done to prepare the Australian health sector more generally for the pandemic, the evidence will reveal that neither the Commonwealth Department of Health nor the aged-care regulator developed a COVID-19 plan specifically for the aged-care sector," he said.

The commission heard disagreements between the NSW and Federal governments adversely impacted the handling of a coronavirus outbreak in a Western Sydney nursing home.

Mr Rozen told the hearing that the problems stemmed from the fact that the health systems are run by the state governments while aged care is managed by the Commonwealth.

"We surely have no hope of fighting COVID-19 and protecting the residents in our nursing homes if the various levels of governments are not working together," he said.

He said the inquiry would look into whether there had been sufficient planning to decide who would call the shots in the event of an outbreak.

He said the outbreak at Newmarch House in Caddens, where 17 residents died after contracting COVID-19, suggested this planning was not adequately addressed.

The Commission also heard there was a "stand-off" between NSW Health and the Federal Government over whether residents who tested positive to COVID-19 should be transferred to hospital.

An email appearing to quote NSW Health noted: "The preference is not to decant residents into hospitals given the precedent it would set."

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist

Disgrace ...like Andrews not being locked up in this pending a RC. Hate to see him escape.

CDCbound4610b.jpg

LB 15

Cunt
Didn't it? 

Good luck in finding any evidence for that, official documentation about that epidemic is woefully inadequate.

I've even searched Trove and newspapers at the time seem focused on the epidemic in relation to The Queen's visit and Menzies arranging for her to sleep and eat on the Royal Yacht while "visiting" WA for fear of contagion.

All I'm saying is that this is new, back in March/April everyone was working with limited knowledge and "winging it" to a certain extent.

There were fuck ups like the Ruby Princess and Melbourne Quarantine, the Age care deaths all over the country.(Can't wait for the response from Dark Knight etc when Fed Labor demand a Royal Commission into that one, It's a Federal responsibility).mistakes were to be expected. Nothing was perfect.

I think overall and compared to other countries all our politicians handled it well. 

Now we know more and hindsight is a wonderful thing. But until this is "over" or at least we (especially Victoria) have returned to semi normal, please just let those we elected do what they need to do now and not be distracted or waste their valuable time..and sleep with half arsed enquiries that opposition parties will then deem inadequate and insist on Royal commissions. (and I mean all states and the Feds will go through this, it's what we do! 

We can have the Royal Commissions etc later.

I'm just trying to be reasonable.
She always slept on the Britannia when she took it on tour. What do you think she brought it for, to go fucking waterskiing?

And straight from the Victorian deflection playbook. 'Yes but wotabout the Ruby Princess...'

LB 15

Cunt

Deaths in the Age Care sector?

Should Scott Morrison resign? Colbeck certainly should. 

Or maybe some people Just would prefer not to go there and let everyone get on with their jobs and deal with it later..or not at all?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-25/coronavirus-aged-care-australia-crisis-feels-shockingly-familiar/12592178 

In the Senate, Aged Care Minister Richard Colbeck was armed with his own statistics following last week's embarrassing Senate committee hearing in which he couldn't recall the number of infections or deaths in aged care.

The Royal Commission into Aged Care's senior counsel assisting Peter Rozen QC said hearings over the coming days would examine whether more could have been done to protect residents.

He said the commission would also examine whether greater preparation could have saved lives.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-10/royal-commission-aged-care-examines-government-coronavirus-plan/12541246

"While there was undoubtedly a great deal done to prepare the Australian health sector more generally for the pandemic, the evidence will reveal that neither the Commonwealth Department of Health nor the aged-care regulator developed a COVID-19 plan specifically for the aged-care sector," he said.

The commission heard disagreements between the NSW and Federal governments adversely impacted the handling of a coronavirus outbreak in a Western Sydney nursing home.

Mr Rozen told the hearing that the problems stemmed from the fact that the health systems are run by the state governments while aged care is managed by the Commonwealth.

"We surely have no hope of fighting COVID-19 and protecting the residents in our nursing homes if the various levels of governments are not working together," he said.

He said the inquiry would look into whether there had been sufficient planning to decide who would call the shots in the event of an outbreak.

He said the outbreak at Newmarch House in Caddens, where 17 residents died after contracting COVID-19, suggested this planning was not adequately addressed.

The Commission also heard there was a "stand-off" between NSW Health and the Federal Government over whether residents who tested positive to COVID-19 should be transferred to hospital.

An email appearing to quote NSW Health noted: "The preference is not to decant residents into hospitals given the precedent it would set."
If Andrews hadn't fucked up there would have been no problem in aged care. It was him that signed their death warrants not Scomo. But wotabought the Ruby Princess hey?

LB 15

Cunt
We can have the Royal Commissions etc later
Yes why would you want to find out what when wrong during a pandemic? Better to leave those responsible alone to continue their great work until 1000's more and dead and the states economy looks like Sudan's.

Exactly like Trumptards you will support him regardless of what he does or says.

62EA474E-FA82-4FC1-82E4-BFE95A367728.jpeg