Aussie Government blow it (Again)

RobG

Super Anarchist
He gave some of it to people who were out of work because of covid. He gave the rest to dole bludging lefties who already were doing fuck all before the pandemic.
So only the lefty dole bludgers got money? The poor righties got none? Must remember to check the correct "political leaning" box if I ever need to apply for the dole.

Seems to me a shitload of Morrison's historically large deficit has gone directly to business. His billions in tax cuts don't go to the unemployed at all. The cost of JobSeeker has been a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of JobKeeper and the cash flow boost, both of which have massively assisted businesses and have not, by design, delivered a cent to unemployed people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
So only the lefty dole bludgers got money? The poor righties got none? Must remember to check the correct "political leaning" box if I ever need to apply for the dole.

Seems to me a shitload of Morrison's historically large deficit has gone directly to business. His billions in tax cuts don't go to the unemployed at all. The cost of JobSeeker has been a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of JobKeeper and the cash flow boost, both of which have massively assisted businesses and have not, by design, delivered a cent to unemployed people.
Government largess to business is a right!

You commie loving anti Australian!

LB 15

Cunt
Exactly- it was to keep it circulating in the economy - and it achieved that.  I am sure plenty of that extra job seeker went on VB, Jack Danials,  durries, pukholha weed and on the punt. All worthy industries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ease the sheet.

Exactly- it was to keep it circulating in the economy - and it achieved that.  I am sure plenty of that extra job seeker went on VB, Jack Danials,  durries, pukholha weed and on the punt. All worthy industries.
Some of it went on yard fees.....

FinnFish

Super Anarchist
Bundy and pineapples.

SCARECROW

Super Anarchist
Melbourne, Aus
Fuck me 11 more Victorian cases today.  Do people not understand how little is within 5km of my house?

No wonder everyone else is fudging the rules.

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
We need our Dallas moment

Texas-school-book-depository-collage.jpg

Weyalan

Super Anarchist
Is it just me, or is it just a tiny bit odd that while the Gubmint is spending waaaaaaay more money than its getting in the door, producing the bigiest budget deficit in the history of budget deficits, they are cutting taxes? Ah well, my grandkids and great grandkids will enjoy paying for that, I'm sure...

LB 15

Cunt
Is it just me, or is it just a tiny bit odd that while the Gubmint is spending waaaaaaay more money than its getting in the door, producing the bigiest budget deficit in the history of budget deficits, they are cutting taxes? Ah well, my grandkids and great grandkids will enjoy paying for that, I'm sure...
That is the beauty of it. They don't have to pay it back and no one is going to go around to the Prime Ministers house with a baseball bat and repossess his Government limo. The debt just gets smaller as GDP grows. Fucked if I know how but it is cheaper than the old printing money lark. No paper or ink required.

Frogman56

Anarchist
Sydney
Dark,

When the NSW CMO estmates that in Sydney, one is about 8x more likely to be killed by a lightning strike than by community acquired covid....

Overreacting just a smidge..

Ease the sheet.

That is the beauty of it. They don't have to pay it back and no one is going to go around to the Prime Ministers house with a baseball bat and repossess his Government limo. The debt just gets smaller as GDP grows. Fucked if I know how but it is cheaper than the old printing money lark. No paper or ink required.
whats-gonna-make-your-life-worse-off-if-we-dont-pay-off-the-national-debt.jpg

Ease the sheet.

Ah yes - someone else can pay for it. How very left of you.
image.png

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
Because interest rates are at historic lows and because they are borrowing locally, getting into debt is not such a big deal. If they didn't cut taxes then they would spend the extra money earned anyway. It is the right approach in this current environment and the only real question is that whether they are focusing the spending in the right direction.

I'd rather the borrow approach than the belt tightening approach from the past.

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
If you could guarantee that a big chunk of your income will always be coming in and you can tie the banks into a fixed low rate of interest for the next 20 years, you would be mad to not borrow big and invest.

Unfortunately we can not guarantee our income and the banks will only give us fixed rate loans for a couple of years.

Leftwits don't like the fact that the Liberals are taking a very unLiberal approach now, so they can only nitpick rather then can the overall strategy.