Aussie Government blow it (Again)

RobG

Super Anarchist
Thanks Queenslanders, awesome effort.
No thanks to the Gold Coast fuckwits, mostly young people, who refused to wear masks and carried on with life as normal because, you know, "personal rights". Spurred on by a local mayor who railed against the lockdown, just before they had a local case in the community.

Had my second Az yesterday, 7 weeks and 2 days after the first. Clinic was not concerned at all by the less than 12 week wait, they'd booked me in at 10 weeks but I wanted to take advantage of a Sunday "mass clinic" to get the job done while locked down.

Had zero reaction to the first jab (like pretty much everyone I know), slight sore arm and morning after headache from second, but I think that was because it was a pretty rushed jab.

Seems Vic public servants are in the firing line, in the Aus (subscription required):

Fallout from Victorian Covid deaths set to escalate

As a result of a dramatic event at the weekend, the repercussions from Australia’s largest industrial accident, the deaths of 801 people as a result of the Victorian hotel quarantine blunders, are now set to escalate dramatically.

At the centre of the latest developments are two of Australia’s most eminent female silks——Kerri Judd and Rowena Orr—nicknamed around the nation as Rowena “Shock and Orr” after her brilliant role in the banking inquiry.

But also part of this new episode in the saga are senior politicians and public servants in the Victorian government, the Victorian occupational health and safety regulator, WorkSafe, and, most important of all, the need to continue to protect workers from industrial accidents around the state and perhaps the nation.

In September 2020, as allowed under the Victorian Occupational Health and Safety Act, Self Employed Australia and its executive director, Ken Phillips, guided by advice from top Australian OHS legal experts, used the provisions of the act to request prosecution of 16 people including current and former cabinet ministers and public servants.

In all, 142 prosecutions were requested under the 2004 Act, which was masterminded by former premier Steve Bracks. WorkSafe had nine months to either prosecute on each of the 142 grounds or explain why it was not prosecuting.

Although it’s a matter for the courts, on the surface, by not sending its investigative materials to Judd, WorkSafe appears to be in clear breach of its own act.

Watch this space…

Recently the operators of Queensland's Wivenhoe dam were successfully sued for exacerbating the 2011 floods by storing and releasing water contrary to their own operations manual, so public entities can be held to account for their actions.

RobG

Super Anarchist
Overhanging half my garden taking all the light. And dropping kilos of fat black olives that squish. Never been able to do much with them. Too cold in Melb for Kalamatas. They bottle bitter.
You're supposed to cure olives in brine for maybe a few weeks to get the bitterness out. 

You are entitled to lop the overhanging branches at the fence line (whatever overhangs is yours). Might prompt retaliatory action though…

Last edited by a moderator:

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
Why has Gladys put Tamworth in lockdown when a woman from Newcastle visited for a day, and yet Byron bay is simply on alert when an man who is now in hospital with Covid left locked down Sydney and stayed several days there.

The first has been interviewed and exposure sites are known.

The second? well it looks like he didn't use the QR codes and cant be interviewed.

Doesn't make sense.
Because Byron Bay and Mullumbimby are full of anti-vaxxers. The sooner they all wipe themselves out the better. Let them rely on crystal therapy, aromatherapy and whatever else they want. See how their numbers go.

Though I do think we should cut them off. Not too many highways to block fortunately.

FKT

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
You're supposed to cure olives in brine for maybe a few weeks to get the bitterness out. 

You are entitled to lop the overhanging branches at the fence line (whatever overhangs is yours). Might prompt retaliatory action though…
Yes I know about the brine thing. I've done them before. still tasted bitter 8 weeks later. Best way to do Kalamata's grown in Melbourne is salt them down with herbs and chili. And you get very salty chewy olives.

It's my tree. Grew enormous with the combination of melbourne rain and cat poop.

Two leaders at about 6' grew 30' high over the roof and the root ball is breaking out of the brick planter retaining wall. 

Thought best thing to do is either take out whole tree or take off one leader. So I did the latter. I'll still get about 10 kgs.

Ncik

Super Anarchist
So, that would be nothing on point, as usual when the decisions get difficult.

It's impractical - you get to a point where quiet civil disobedience just overwhelms authority.

I'm pretty sure that you're actually in agreement with that happening - as long as it's people acting in support of one of your pet causes doing the disobedience.

NB: I am not condoning or defending it in this case, just that without police/military on every major intersection, checking every pedestrian and vehicle, leaks will occur. And we aren't willing to go to that extreme. Not yet, anyway. Probably never.

I've always thought that the only path out of this is mass vaccination. We get to the 70% plus point and can protect to some extent the immuno-compromised who can't get vaccinated, I no longer care a lot what happens to those who won't get vaccinated and refuse to take precautions. Ignorance & stupidity have consequences.

FKT
Vax is only the major part of getting out of this. Masks, distancing, hygiene will need to continue.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Because Byron Bay and Mullumbimby are full of anti-vaxxers. The sooner they all wipe themselves out the better. Let them rely on crystal therapy, aromatherapy and whatever else they want. See how their numbers go.

Though I do think we should cut them off. Not too many highways to block fortunately.

FKT
Well BB is in lockdown from 6pm.

Kerry had a little chat with G. Going to be interesting. :huh:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-09/nsw-covid-byron-bay-into-lockdown/100362954

The Byron Shire, Richmond Valley, Lismore and Ballina Shire LGAs will lock down from 6:00pm today, until 12:01am on August 17.

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
My younger sister's BC has metastased to her spine.

She's been given a month to a year.

Hard to get my head around. It's only been a year since her BC diagnosis.

NeedAClew

Super Anarchist
USA

FKT
One of my friends and his wife live in Mullumbimby in what looks to be a tiny house in the middle of nowhere. Hopefully they stop going into Tweed Heads or much anywhere because they are the Chakra sort. Or maybe doing a smoke ceremony before and after the jabs is enough. Sure hope so. Haven't dared ask. 

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Poor Kerry Chant. 

She is to GB, as Fauci was to Trump.

Helplessly trying to avoid the Ring of steel and curfew question while telling reporters what they have is not enough.

Gladys is increasingly throwing her to the press pack.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
At what point do we start charging people with manslaughter or willful negligence?

Yesterday, an infected 50-year-old Sydney man who travelled to the shires of Byron, Richmond Valley, Lismore and Ballina sparked a seven-day lockdown along the Queensland-NSW border.

The infected man was reported to have been travelling with two relatives and had not been wearing a mask, socially distancing or checking in to venues using QR codes, according to Byron Bay Mayor Michael Lyon.

"I've heard he didn't believe in the virus. From what I understand, he is not cooperating,'' he said.

The infected man, who travelled from Sydney to the region in July, was reported to have been looking at real estate, with several northern NSW agents saying they had been contacted by police to ask if he had visited their offices.

Whoa Nelly

Perth
At what point do we start charging people with manslaughter or willful negligence?

Yesterday, an infected 50-year-old Sydney man who travelled to the shires of Byron, Richmond Valley, Lismore and Ballina sparked a seven-day lockdown along the Queensland-NSW border.

The infected man was reported to have been travelling with two relatives and had not been wearing a mask, socially distancing or checking in to venues using QR codes, according to Byron Bay Mayor Michael Lyon.

"I've heard he didn't believe in the virus. From what I understand, he is not cooperating,'' he said.

The infected man, who travelled from Sydney to the region in July, was reported to have been looking at real estate, with several northern NSW agents saying they had been contacted by police to ask if he had visited their offices.
They should be charging NSW government with manslaughter, they had 254 infectious in the community... 

That means very soon we will see 4 digit daily case numbers and a spread so fast eventually they will have restrictions on every LGA state wide, and an announcement that restrictions will last another couple of months minimum.

image.png

Replace Hansel with Gladys and hot with incompetent. 

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
They should be charging NSW government with manslaughter, they had 254 infectious in the community... 

That means very soon we will see 4 digit daily case numbers and a spread so fast eventually they will have restrictions on every LGA state wide, and an announcement that restrictions will last another couple of months minimum.

View attachment 456524

Replace Hansel with Gladys and hot with incompetent. 
But it's OK, it's not their fault. Gladys said it's those people in Canterbury-Bankstown's fault.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Live now. Bit of a bunfight.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/australia-news-live-covid-19-cases-continue-to-grow-in-nsw-victoria-and-queensland-20210809-p58h9d.html

NSW parlimentary oversight committee inth handling of pandemic

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/australia-news-live-covid-19-cases-continue-to-grow-in-nsw-victoria-and-queensland-20210809-p58h9d.html

Comments are scathing

I recommend every Australian watch Brad Hazzard in action at the NSW Parliamentary enquiry today.
The most childish, petulant, arrogant, obstructive, disrespectful , conniving , condescending performance I have ever seen.
Repeated questions to Kerry Chant were continually interrupted by Hazzard shouting out I’m the Minister and I will answer!!!
It was obvious he had information to hide by his games.
Why have a Government in NSW that doesn’t serve its citizens respectfully and transparently?

Latest posts