Aussie Government blow it (Again)

FinnFish

Super Anarchist
Given the state governments history of miss-use of funds, unethical behaviour and culture of cover-ups, I would not put it past Dan for wasting tax payers money purely for political gain.
Looks like the COVID disaster is catching up with Dan, now ordered to release documents outlining secret COVID-19 surveying. And up here in QLD we finally get to know how much Camp Wellborn (the quarantine facility that Anna just had to have) is costing us, $4m a week, so since opening it's cost us ~$66m. Fuck I love Labor.      

LB 15

Cunt
LB has to do something to fill in his days now he's been reduced to van life. And in Queensland at that.

No need to go trolling for Meli anyway, she's the fish that even John West would reject.

FKT
I spend more time interstate than in the Motherland these days. I am in Sydney most weeks playing instructor training covid catchup for the RYA. Looks like I will have to be deep in enemy territory for Game one next Wednesday night as the next decade of dominance begins. And sadly I still own two 40 foot yachts. You want to buy one? Once you have tried reaching at more than 4 knots you will never go back. I don't think anyone has tried putting a Venetian blind mainsail on a BH 41 but you could try it...

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
I spend more time interstate than in the Motherland these days. I am in Sydney most weeks playing instructor training covid catchup for the RYA. Looks like I will have to be deep in enemy territory for Game one next Wednesday night as the next decade of dominance begins. And sadly I still own two 40 foot yachts. You want to buy one? Once you have tried reaching at more than 4 knots you will never go back. I don't think anyone has tried putting a Venetian blind mainsail on a BH 41 but you could try it...
I should be in Sydney myself by the end of next week. Hopefully this year I won't be confined to a 5km radius around my house there. At least there was a Bunnings and a couple decent coffee shops (and the upper harbour foreshore) inside that area.

As for buying one of your castoff yachts, thank you but no. I doubt they'd long survive my treatment regardless of what rig they started off with. I've never been a fan of fragile over-stressed plastic things. When I get bored with my current boat I'm going back to my early years at sea - a steel trawler with a big engine and lots of rust. Rule of tonnage, baby.

FKT

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
Dump the rig, add a pilothouse and cut the keel in half and flog it off as a liveaboard powerboat.  

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
What’s everyone’s experience with seeing GP’s these days when you have what is a covid symptom?

my daughter has had a cough which is likely to be a chest infection. She had a pcr test on Monday, and only after we got the negative test, could we book her to see the GP. Right now we are sitting in the car outside the clinic, waiting for the doctor to come out to see her in the car. WTF. 

the wife is also I’ll with a negative pcr test. She booked at a different clinic, but they called back to cancel saying they don’t see new patients with symptoms. 

I’ll be screwed as I’ve never seen a GP in Brisvegas if all gps are like this.

on Monday, knowing how impossible it is to see a gp without waiting days we tried the childrens hospital, but the queue was massive and left. I feel sorry for the hospital staff as the GPs making appointments near impossible will be responsible for the hospital queues

tge system is fucked

Rambler

Super Anarchist
East Coast OZ
What’s everyone’s experience with seeing GP’s these days when you have what is a covid symptom?

my daughter has had a cough which is likely to be a chest infection. She had a pcr test on Monday, and only after we got the negative test, could we book her to see the GP. Right now we are sitting in the car outside the clinic, waiting for the doctor to come out to see her in the car. WTF. 

the wife is also I’ll with a negative pcr test. She booked at a different clinic, but they called back to cancel saying they don’t see new patients with symptoms. 

I’ll be screwed as I’ve never seen a GP in Brisvegas if all gps are like this.

on Monday, knowing how impossible it is to see a gp without waiting days we tried the childrens hospital, but the queue was massive and left. I feel sorry for the hospital staff as the GPs making appointments near impossible will be responsible for the hospital queues

tge system is fucked
Book a skin cancer check with your local GP to get yourself on their list.

Back on (covid) track.

Has anyone had the grave misfortune to enter Australia from OS in the last few months?

A couple of months ago just as the federal government lifted all restrictions against vaccinated people entering   Australia the Border Blackshirts decide to introduce a thing called a Digital Passenger Declaration. I'm OK with wogs dagoes and other lesser mortals having to go through this but even proper 'strayans have to do it. Full passport details , issued, expires, etc., plus each and every covid vaxx you have had. Date and what one it was, Pzizer etc.

And then amidst all this bollocks start of trip, flight number etc - time and date of arrival in Oz. Making a stopover? Put in second flight details with eta straya. Wot ? your trip involves three or four flights. Nope system can't handle that. 

Then there is all the where you going in Australia, names, phone numbers , emergency contacts, political affiliation,  etc etc 

So, why? If I leave Australia the Border Fuckwits notify Centrelink on the instant who promptly stop all my benefits - the old indigenous rural poor stuff.

So how come they can't, when given my name and passport number contact MyGov and get my immunisation history? Why do they need more than my ETA Straya with a flight number plus a list of countries visited in the last 14 days?

They are that incompetent that the Home Affairs page about all this says at the top of the page that you no longer need a pre embarkation covid test then waffle on down page about how you need one  and what sort you need.

I'm heading from Ecuador https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/ecuador/ to North East Vic... greatest risk I face is getting from Tulla to Broadmeadows station, both situated in Victoria's covid heartland.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
They are that incompetent that the Home Affairs page about all this says at the top of the page that you no longer need a pre embarkation covid test then waffle on down page about how you need one  and what sort you need.
Yes I noticed that when checking re entry requirements yesterday.

I'm assuming that they just hadn't bothered to update the whole page with the election coming up a few weeks back.

Hopefully, by the time I'm due back the new Gov will have sorted it out.

Check the Gov "Smart traveler page"

Last update 14 april

https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/covid-19/covid-19-and-travel/covid-19-re-entry-and-quarantine-measures

Pre-departure COVID-19 testing

From 18 April 2022, you no longer need to get tested for COVID-19 when travelling to Australia. You must board your international flight on or after 18 April for the new measures to apply to you.

If you’re boarding your flight before 11:59 pm AEST on 17 April, you’ll need to provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test at check-in. This applies even if your flight is due to land after this time.

Local authorities, transport providers and transit locations may have their own testing rules in place for departures. We recommend you check these before arriving at the airport. If you're transiting during your trip, check the local requirements at each transit destination. Confirm any specific rules for onward travel with your airline or cruise line.

Happy

Super Anarchist
Tropical Oz
A nice lady told me before the election that she was voting Labor "because they are going to make everything cheaper."

Much like many African countries where the population was told that after they threw out the white bosses, everyone would have a Mercedes and a big house.

I sincerely hope my estimation of Labor's talents and capabilities is proved wrong.

A nice lady told me before the election that she was voting Labor "because they are going to make everything cheaper."

Much like many African countries where the population was told that after they threw out the white bosses, everyone would have a Mercedes and a big house.

I sincerely hope my estimation of Labor's talents and capabilities is proved wrong.
I have met a lot of people exactly like this , who's vote ensures our Militant Union controlled party somehow scrapes in to govt more often than they should. And they say you can't fool the voters

Fuck me 

FinnFish

Super Anarchist
I have met a lot of people exactly like this , who's vote ensures our Militant Union controlled party somehow scrapes in to govt more often than they should. And they say you can't fool the voters

Fuck me 
Yeap, the joint has hit the skids, RBA increases will do nothing to stem inflation and it's going to be rapid descent into stagflation and recession from here. Going to have a fair few punters around with mortgage repayments that they can no longer afford and negative equity in their $1m Melb/Syd shitbox. Fun times coming to a town near you. 

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
Yeap, the joint has hit the skids, RBA increases will do nothing to stem inflation and it's going to be rapid descent into stagflation and recession from here. Going to have a fair few punters around with mortgage repayments that they can no longer afford and negative equity in their $1m Melb/Syd shitbox. Fun times coming to a town near you. 
Yep, normally interest rate rises are used to control excessive spending that's driving up prices. However other than housing, which is cooling in most states anyway, the inflation is related more to the weather and international factors. 

The main benefit of increasing increasing rates is that it helps the dollar and prevents more inflation related to import prices. 

FinnFish

Super Anarchist
Yep, normally interest rate rises are used to control excessive spending that's driving up prices. However other than housing, which is cooling in most states anyway, the inflation is related more to the weather and international factors. 

The main benefit of increasing increasing rates is that it helps the dollar and prevents more inflation related to import prices. 
And that's exactly the problem the RBA has, inflation caused from constrictions in supply can't be solved through increases in the cash rate. Households getting shafted through increases in largely non-discretionary costs like energy, food and now mortgage rates. Would hate to have anything related to retail at the moment. 

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
And that's exactly the problem the RBA has, inflation caused from constrictions in supply can't be solved through increases in the cash rate. Households getting shafted through increases in largely non-discretionary costs like energy, food and now mortgage rates. Would hate to have anything related to retail at the moment. 
Well the interest increases have been on the cards for a long time.

Anyone thinking they would stay this low on home loans had rocks in their heads.

I feel so sorry for those taking on half million dollar mortgages.

I was in the UK when the bottom fell out of the housing market in 1990? 

People were taking their house keys back to the bank and walking away because the home was worth less than the mortgage.

Not pretty.  

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
My younger sister's BC has metastased to her spine.

She's been given a month to a year.

Hard to get my head around. It's only been a year since her BC diagnosis.
My sister died at home last night. 

A bit of a shock, she was still up and about gardening three weeks ago

Last edited by a moderator: