Aussie Government blow it (Again)

NeedAClew

Super Anarchist
USA
The Archibald is fatally flawed by the requirement that the subject be a notable person. It's a "famous art prize" that the "public" can be thought to enjoy because it has people they recognize. With the exception of the painting of Guy Warren last year, hey what's not to like about Guy Warren, they are meh. With Brett gone, even the Packing Room presentation will be dull (but who the f is Taika anyhow). The Refuses are better on the whole.
But imo the Wynne and Sulman finalists are better art.
Back into the rabbit hole now.

1657144464838.png

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
Does googling make you feel intellectually superior? If so then you go girl. Your high should come crashing down when you have to start sweeping at the libary again.

Come on, give her a break.

She's so stupid/technically inept that she thinks posting a reference to a FILE ON HER OWN COMPUTER DRIVE constitutes a clickable link on the internet.

FFS....

FKT

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
And time for a rant and this is as good a fishing ground as any.
As so many of you have pointed out there are still some overtly racist institutions still existing in this country. I speak of course of the trustees of the Art Gallery of New South Wales and their Archibald prize. To think that the premier art prize in the country could be so un-inclusive is astounding. Because it should be renamed as the "The best portrait, preferentially of some man or woman distinguished in Art, Letters, Science or Politics, painted by an artist resident in Australia during the twelve months, using brown paint." Because if your subject is not a proud (add whatever series of vowels you like here) man or women, or the artist another proud ..................man or women, you ain't got a prayer of making the final, little own winning anything more than the packers prize (who for mine nail it every year) A good refugee artist or subject will also make the cut, But apart from Lisa McCune and a few old artists this year it was a sea of black. Of course even mentioning this makes me a racist through the perverse lens of stupidity of the left.

Blatant, outrageous racism. These clowns are so busy falling over them selves to be woke they have made a laughing stock out of our most respected annual art event. Like many I take a great interest in it and see it every year and I have noticed this trend has been growing. (I studied art in my youth, and my brother has been a finalist in the past so my interest is more than passing. My brother and I have are own annual 'Piece of shit' award and the most woke (called the 'Fudge packers' prize)

This years winner was an embarrassment. Painted by artist Blak Douglas (a proud Dhungatti man) it is an Ok idea but poorly executed. I say Ok idea, because if you want to win having a dig at the right is a fine strategy and the memory of the Lismore flood is nice and fresh and the painting depicts the plight of those that (obviously) Scott Morison abandoned. Double woke whammy. It is a painting that will hold your attention for a few mins, and the childish lack of perspective is entertaining, but there is a distinct lack of, how do I put this, Skill and talent.

It looks like something you see for sale at a church fete.
The Archibald is about great art not about making political statements. This years finalists make a mockery of the prize and disrespects past winners like Dargie, Dobell, Pugh, Namatjira and Whiteley.

The woke fuckwits are determined to destroy everything about this country.
Don't complain about the perceived quality of the winner and instead turn it to your advantage.

You should use your retired time to pain a Picasso-est portrait of our beloved Anna.

1657155900144.png

or maybe you could paint her in Dali style

1657156041492.png

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas

She's so stupid/technically inept that she thinks posting a reference to a FILE ON HER OWN COMPUTER DRIVE constitutes a clickable link on the internet.

FFS....

FKT
Hahahahahahahaha

She has reached a new depth of stupidity. Who'd have imagined that she could surpass her past performances.

LB 15

Cunt
Sulman finalists are better art
Said every art snob ever. But sadly true these days. But that is the point of the Archibald - by using well known subjects it brings eyeballs to the gallery that would not have otherwise gone. Whatever the reason it is the Melbourne Cup of paintin'. Well it used to be. Now it is just another indigenous art prize.
And I am a proud Coorparoo man.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne

FFS....

FKT
I don't know how that happened. AFAIK i didn't download that PDF.
But as you point out and I freely admit, I'm not tech savvy. Prolly comes from being married to a IT guru for 28 years and being bored to death with the stuff.
However, if I have compromised my computer in some way, it's fucking malicious to highlight it.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
And time for a rant and this is as good a fishing ground as any.
As so many of you have pointed out there are still some overtly racist institutions still existing in this country. I speak of course of the trustees of the Art Gallery of New South Wales and their Archibald prize. To think that the premier art prize in the country could be so un-inclusive is astounding. Because it should be renamed as the "The best portrait, preferentially of some man or woman distinguished in Art, Letters, Science or Politics, painted by an artist resident in Australia during the twelve months, using brown paint." Because if your subject is not a proud (add whatever series of vowels you like here) man or women, or the artist another proud ..................man or women, you ain't got a prayer of making the final, little own winning anything more than the packers prize (who for mine nail it every year) A good refugee artist or subject will also make the cut, But apart from Lisa McCune and a few old artists this year it was a sea of black. Of course even mentioning this makes me a racist through the perverse lens of stupidity of the left.

Blatant, outrageous racism. These clowns are so busy falling over them selves to be woke they have made a laughing stock out of our most respected annual art event. Like many I take a great interest in it and see it every year and I have noticed this trend has been growing. (I studied art in my youth, and my brother has been a finalist in the past so my interest is more than passing. My brother and I have are own annual 'Piece of shit' award and the most woke (called the 'Fudge packers' prize)

This years winner was an embarrassment. Painted by artist Blak Douglas (a proud Dhungatti man) it is an Ok idea but poorly executed. I say Ok idea, because if you want to win having a dig at the right is a fine strategy and the memory of the Lismore flood is nice and fresh and the painting depicts the plight of those that (obviously) Scott Morison abandoned. Double woke whammy. It is a painting that will hold your attention for a few mins, and the childish lack of perspective is entertaining, but there is a distinct lack of, how do I put this, Skill and talent.

It looks like something you see for sale at a church fete.
The Archibald is about great art not about making political statements. This years finalists make a mockery of the prize and disrespects past winners like Dargie, Dobell, Pugh, Namatjira and Whiteley.

The woke fuckwits are determined to destroy everything about this country.
I'm guessing you're a Pro Hart kind of art appreciator . You know you can buy an original for about $4 per square CM.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
You keep pushing that "victim card" angle.
Has it occurred to you that to be a victim there has to be a predator ?
And much as you may see yourself in this ignoble role, you're just a hissy little kitty with delusions of being an internet pack leader.

You might get tired old men like AJ and JS frothing and could even get FKT's "I'm bored and will go do something in my shed as soon as I've spat a little poison your way" thing going.

But to me you're just another one of the high school "big shots" that dropped out and got a job on the boats (or trains, or trucks or dads fish shop)

A lot of crude schoolboy bully "humour"

Seriously, I've been pretty gentle with your nasty shots and crudity over the years. Rarely responded in kind, but now you're boring me.

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
However, if I have compromised my computer in some way, it's fucking malicious to highlight it.

Nope, you haven't by posting that - you'd need to have your computer set up to accept incoming connection requests from the internet. I doubt that's the case, I haven't checked and frankly I'm not interested in trying to figure out your IP address anyway let alone if you're running a leaky firewall. I may well be a PITA and a smart-arse but I don't ever take stuff offline into the real world.

FKT

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
You might get tired old men like AJ and JS frothing and could even get FKT's "I'm bored and will go do something in my shed as soon as I've spat a little poison your way" thing going.

Stuck in Sydney at the end of a week of absolutely atrocious weather and just delivered some software into the test cycle. I might not be quite as bored soon. Another month before I get back to the boat though.

OTOH the Sydney boat show is on again so I can go look at expensive POS boats I'd never ever think of buying and check out all the marine electronics stuff...

As for the poison bit, you set yourself up for it. One really good thing about the ALP now being in Govt, you have to suck it up & shut up about a lot of things you'd be posting here and frothing about if the Lib/Nats were still in Govt. So that's a bonus.

FKT

NeedAClew

Super Anarchist
USA
Gareth Sansom. Victoria. Former Dean, VCA.
2016 Sulman Finalist, Destroy all Monsters
And a bit of self kink. Thde blues masked transvestite.
Dude is OLD but so weird. Whiteley assciate.

Sansom_SID61360_2560px.jpg.800x875_q85.jpg

hero-960.jpg