Aussie Government blow it (Again)

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Ah - I can use Google too...
What is not realised is that Ronald Berndt fabricated a seamless story about his schooling and university attendance in order to establish himself in the discipline of anthropology. It is a narrative of destiny: a precocious boy, his interests not fully appreciated, keen to advance, forced by circumstance (and his father) to undertake ac-counting, but finally finding his vocation and success. It was a fabri-cation that was widely accepted and promulgated by colleagues and acolytes alike. It was designed to deceive.
Ohhh. one academic casting nasturtiums about another academic. Who'd have thunk.

Actually, not being able to read the whole piece, I think Dr Gray may be simply describing Berndt's unusual route in the academic world.
Does it discredit his work? If so you better write and get it off the Gubby site.

LB 15

Cunt
I have't got all pedantic about Lenin or Marx's detailed philosophies.
Slight thread drift but here is a little known fact about Marx.

C6C746B5-CBFC-40A8-8A83-5436EFBD5E86.png

Goodvibes

under the southern cross I stand ...

The Media And Political Elite Are Protecting Dan Andrews” Says Victorian Liberals, Herald Sun, 3AW, Sky News, Catholic Church, Business Lobby, Fossil Fuel Companies, AFL, Organised Crime Figures​

dan-andrews-guy.jpg

MRS OCTOPUS

Anarchist
AUSTRALIA
From todays RWNJ chronicles aka Daily Mail.

Furious Victorians threaten to leave the state rather than endure another four years under Dan Andrews: 'They just voted in the man who had them under the most abusive lockdowns'​

HECK NO.
We don’t want those “furious Victorians” (RWNJ’s) moving to our state. It’s time to build a wall. No time to waste.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
From todays RWNJ chronicles aka Daily Mail.

Furious Victorians threaten to leave the state rather than endure another four years under Dan Andrews: 'They just voted in the man who had them under the most abusive lockdowns'​

HECK NO.
We don’t want those “furious Victorians” (RWNJ’s) moving to our state. It’s time to build a wall. No time to waste.
Curious. Why would the DM think that 80% of not furious Victorians would care?
Plenty of room in Toowoomba.

Last edited:

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
So Albo is cutting the number of Medicare financed mental health visits by half, back to pre-pandemic levels.

Like far too many government programs, it’s possibly badly done and money wasted and in once sense I support the cutback. However there are some people who need the mental health support without the ability to pay, and even the old 20 sessions is not enough.

Probably should be reviewing the system in terms of patient/treatment requirements before changing it.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
There's very few can afford even 10 consultations with a Psych.
fee's are around 180- 200 an hour.
The medicare rebate is about 85.

The rebates need increasing then those ten consultations could be going to more people that need them.
I'd be more than happy to increase the levy, quite a lot. Some people in the world can only dream of paying just 2% of their income for excellent health care.

LB 15

Cunt
So Albo is cutting the number of Medicare financed mental health visits by half, back to pre-pandemic levels.

Like far too many government programs, it’s possibly badly done and money wasted and in once sense I support the cutback. However there are some people who need the mental health supports of without the ability to pay, and even the old 20 sessions is not enough.

Probably should be reviewing the system in terms of patient/treatment requirements before changing it.
He’s got to find the 3 million he is giving BH somewhere.

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia

Like far too many government programs, it’s possibly badly done and money wasted and in once sense I support the cutback. However there are some people who need the mental health support without the ability to pay, and even the old 20 sessions is not enough.

Meli would have a full-time staff of carers if they did that, and Randumb would be involuntarily committed to secure storage with no internet connection.

FKT

Se7en

Super Anarchist
Melbourne

Or better still reviewing the whole system in terms of client money extraction patient outcomes vs cost.

Psychologists rarely cure a patient, psychiatrists almost never. At least psychiatrists don't tend to cure the patient that gets first admitted, they just manage to turn them into some one else with ECT or sedatives. Like a lawyer's practice, you don't want to settle cases and ruin a good long term income stream.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
10 visits or twenty.
This has been problematic since it's inception. When medcare covers so little of the charge it's been long acknowledged that it's only the middle class that can avail themselves of the program and in fact the majority of users are people with $100 per week to spare.
It needs to be overhauled. Perhaps the gov could meet a capped cost on treatment for those with health care cards

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
It doesn't matter who pays for it when the waiting list is 6 months to get an appointment.

Use the money to pay for more access, not to help some Brighton housewife deal with her husband running off with the nanny.

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
Meli reminds me of a divorcee who once asked why her ex had divorced her and married a nice Filipina.

She didn't like the answers she got...

FKT
In many ways, it says more about the ex-wife than it does about the guy.

In Meli’s case, from what I’ve got to see of her here, it’s definitely all about her.

Latest posts