Aussie Government blow it (Again)

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
ABC Four Corners tonight

Doctors warned Victoria's health department about hotel infection control dangers before coronavirus spread

IMG_20200817_112404.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LB 15

Cunt

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
The Australian Government would manufacture Oxford University's vaccine immediately and distribute it for free, if the next phase of trials prove successful.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-18/australia-locks-in-oxford-astrazeneca-coronavirus-vaccine-deal/12571454

But will it be manufactured in china and just labeled as Australian made?
This is political horseshit.

There are 160 vaccines under development. 30 in human trials. There is nothing to suggest this Oxford one is chicken dinner, in fact far from it. Look were it has been in terms of human trial numbers (small Phase 1) and hoops still left to jump through (Phases 2 &3). Others are more advanced.

Also vaccine nationalism gone mad. The world has to be vaccinated for it to work.

Australia has only signed a "letter of intent" and only with Oxford NOT a manufacturer. US has half a dozen deals like this, some with manufacturers, the UK around 4 and others more.

I thought ScoMo had a brain. This is a populism brain fart.

PS. He would better off kicking states to the kerb and getting a long term "live with it" program up and running.

QLD the worst example of border closures being weaponised to win a state election.The stupid cow in charge has all but turned it into a Vic/NSW Virus, just as Trump called it the Wuhan Virus. Look what happened there when science was ignored.

RobG

Super Anarchist
I thought ScoMo had a brain. This is a populism brain fart.
Isn't marketing's his bag? What is the government trying to distract from?

PS. He would better off kicking states to the kerb and getting a long term "live with it" program up and running. QLD the worst example of being closed down to win a state election.The stupid [cow] in charge has all but turned it into a Vic and NSW virus.
It does seem rather stupid to lock in a Jan 2021 opening when NSW seems to have their cases well under control and Vic is getting there. Can't see how anyone dependent on tourism thinks it's a good move.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
It does seem rather stupid to lock in a Jan 2020 opening when NSW seems to have their cases well under control and Vic is getting there. Can't see how anyone dependent on tourism thinks it's a good move.
The tourism sector don't vote for her/Labour, so she doesn't give a fuck, particularly as the Feds are writing the economic response cheques, not the States. FFS QLD has 6 active cases.

LB 15

Cunt
Now thats funny .
Yes the spiraling death toll in Victoria is hilarious isn’t it. What was funny was when your Hero got booed at ABRW presentation last week. And when your yacht club fucked up and was stripped of its national jury got a few belly laughs. The Supreme Court injunction to make them hand over the financials should be a real hoot as well.

LB 15

Cunt
Isn't marketing's his bag? What is the government trying to distract from?

It does seem rather stupid to lock in a Jan 2021 opening when NSW seems to have their cases well under control and Vic is getting there. Can't see how anyone dependent on tourism thinks it's a good move.
My business is dependent on tourism and I think it is a good idea. One undetected case is all it takes to kill hundreds of peoples grandparents and shut the QLD economy down. My business is absolutely booming, bookings for next month are what December normally looks like. The child bride and I did the van life thing driving to and from ABRW and the small business sector of tourism is on fire. Caravan parks, motels and cafe's were booming. The women who runs the caravan park at Clairveiw (near thirsty sound) says she has never seen bookings like this in 30 years. Sure the Gold coast is fucked by the boarder, but how many of those tall buildings are Queensland owned family business's? I think Accidental Anna is a complete moron, but whether this is a political stunt or not - it is saving Queensland lives and I support that. Thanks to the Boarder closure life is almost back to normal up here, and why I sympathise with those down south we do not want to be where they are. We are not 'all in this together' if it means sharing the misery around.

Regardless Anna is gone in the next election. Most Queenslanders agree that the boarder is the only thing she and her clown show government have ever got right and since they couldn't manage the economy when things were booming, they are not equipped to lead us out in the recovery. 

BUILD A WALL!

Rambler

Super Anarchist
East Coast OZ
BUILD A WALL!
All very well as long as the Feds defund any contributions towards SE Queensland hospitals which were meant to service northern NSW, so we can move health care south of the border.

We have less community transmission here than you do, yet the most terrible injustices are being done to Northern NSW residents in need of health care - just so Anna has a chance of reelection. Cancer patients being turned away from treatments midway through, emergency complicated birth being diverted a 10 hour drive away to Sydney.She'll have death on her hands, if she doesn't already.

And the rest of the country doesn't pay for the business wipeout of Queensland tourism. You'll need to pay for your own unemployed, otherwise you are simply wanting all the benefits of federalism and none of the costs.

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
My business is dependent on tourism and I think it is a good idea. One undetected case is all it takes to kill hundreds of peoples grandparents and shut the QLD economy down. My business is absolutely booming, bookings for next month are what December normally looks like. The child bride and I did the van life thing driving to and from ABRW and the small business sector of tourism is on fire. Caravan parks, motels and cafe's were booming. The women who runs the caravan park at Clairveiw (near thirsty sound) says she has never seen bookings like this in 30 years. Sure the Gold coast is fucked by the boarder, but how many of those tall buildings are Queensland owned family business's? I think Accidental Anna is a complete moron, but whether this is a political stunt or not - it is saving Queensland lives and I support that. Thanks to the Boarder closure life is almost back to normal up here, and why I sympathise with those down south we do not want to be where they are. We are not 'all in this together' if it means sharing the misery around.

Regardless Anna is gone in the next election. Most Queenslanders agree that the boarder is the only thing she and her clown show government have ever got right and since they couldn't manage the economy when things were booming, they are not equipped to lead us out in the recovery. 

BUILD A WALL!
It's amazing what happens when Australians stay home and spend their money.

Local tourism is going to boom the next 12 months.

As a Victorian, I expect a discount from you for staying away.... 

LB 15

Cunt
All very well as long as the Feds defund any contributions towards SE Queensland hospitals which were meant to service northern NSW, so we can move health care south of the border.

We have less community transmission here than you do, yet the most terrible injustices are being done to Northern NSW residents in need of health care - just so Anna has a chance of reelection. Cancer patients being turned away from treatments midway through, emergency complicated birth being diverted a 10 hour drive away to Sydney.She'll have death on her hands, if she doesn't already.

And the rest of the country doesn't pay for the business wipeout of Queensland tourism. You'll need to pay for your own unemployed, otherwise you are simply wanting all the benefits of federalism and none of the costs.
Yes there are a few people who are being negatively impacted by this for medical and agriculture reasons and that stupid cow should address them. I would be all for the boarder being moved south but who will pay for that? 

The Clarence river would be a logical place but the Yamba sailing club will have to only race on their side of the river. So what is your argument - that we should be at risk of the virus just because you are? It only takes one unknowingly infected person to spend a few days driving around the northern rivers for the area to have hundreds of cases. And until YOU can come up with a way to stop that happening the boarder should stay locked tight. Getting all high and mighty about how clever you are down there is bullshit. It is nothing but sheer luck that you have no infections. BTW I have an investment rental property at Angrourie that is costing me a lot of lost income now so I am also negatively impacted by this. It is what it is, but the health of our elderly is the only important consideration now. You got better surf down there anyway so stop bitching.

LB 15

Cunt
We have less community transmission here than you do, yet the most terrible injustices are being done to Northern NSW residents in need of health care - just so Anna has a chance of reelection.
The point you are missing is that the vast majority of Queenslanders support the boarder closure. If Deb dose not win the next election it will be solely because she has bitched about the boarder (without ever saying she will open it!) Anna is simply doing what she is supposed to do - reflect what the majority want. It is only greedy cunts like Screw Turner that want the boarder open. He claims that we should just lock up all the elderly people and recommence overseas tourism - just so he can add to his $500 mil personal wealth - a wealth that allows him to protect himself from any risk of catching it. Holy fuck - I am becoming a leftist! Is there a vaccine against that?

MRS OCTOPUS

Anarchist
AUSTRALIA
Yes the spiraling death toll in Victoria is hilarious isn’t it. What was funny was when your Hero got booed at ABRW presentation last week. And when your yacht club fucked up and was stripped of its national jury got a few belly laughs. The Supreme Court injunction to make them hand over the financials should be a real hoot as well.
Goody, my play thing has dropped by.

Please remind me again which yacht club we are discussing.