Aussie Government blow it (Again)

BlatantEcho

Super Anarchist
that paragraph a bit to subtle for your level of reading comprehension?
I see what your implying, and yes, if you're trying to get a dig in at me, it's vaguely clever.

The macro issue is, this is not the first time Australia utilized 'lockdown'
So, I think anyone logical would read the WHO line and say 'ok, sure, for the first time a country gets coronavirus, two weeks to get affairs in orders, get PPE, educate citizens, etc.  Yeah, that is perhaps a good first line of defense'

I would personally disagree with them, but, that is logical.

But it's August.  It's been almost 5 months.
A *second* lockdown, is counter to a recommendation of the WHO.  

Australia is a first world country, and presumable their people have computers and the electricity to turn those machines on and read science and data from around the world.

So, my reading comprehensive is, I think, just fine.
It would appear you're missing the point the WHO made.  Locking down any time there are some cases of Covid-19, is, not what they recommend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frogman56

Anarchist
Sydney
Blatant,

At last look, we have about 40 people total in ICU, concentrated in Victoria.

Even those pelicans think their tracing etc will catch up in the next week or so; they did borrow a few hundred trace staff from NSW, who were twiddling their thumbs.

Nuff said?

SCARECROW

Super Anarchist
Melbourne, Aus
Can anyone explain why when Victorian guards / night managers get Covid early on in the scheme of things it is due to miss management and poor government policy, but when 2 NSW guards get it almost 6 months in when everyone should well and truely know better, the chief medical officer can put it down to “bad luck”?

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
I see what your implying, and yes, if you're trying to get a dig in at me, it's vaguely clever.

The macro issue is, this is not the first time Australia utilized 'lockdown'
So, I think anyone logical would read the WHO line and say 'ok, sure, for the first time a country gets coronavirus, two weeks to get affairs in orders, get PPE, educate citizens, etc.  Yeah, that is perhaps a good first line of defense'

I would personally disagree with them, but, that is logical.

But it's August.  It's been almost 5 months.
A *second* lockdown, is counter to a recommendation of the WHO.  

Australia is a first world country, and presumable their people have computers and the electricity to turn those machines on and read science and data from around the world.

So, my reading comprehensive is, I think, just fine.
It would appear you're missing the point the WHO made.  Locking down any time there are some cases of Covid-19, is, not what they recommend.
A lockdown is a tool.

Western Australia is up and running, Victoria is in hard lockdown. Victorian cases have dropped by 2/3 in 3 weeks since lockdown commenced, as expected/modelled.

Australia as a whole is reasonable unlocked.

No country or region has had a long term lockdown.

Australia seems to be closely following  your suggestions in post #2023.

Seems you are too thick to understand that.

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
Can anyone explain why when Victorian guards / night managers get Covid early on in the scheme of things it is due to miss management and poor government policy, but when 2 NSW guards get it almost 6 months in when everyone should well and truely know better, the chief medical officer can put it down to “bad luck”?
The NSW CMO is a realist, not a partisan political hack wannabe?

BlatantEcho

Super Anarchist
A lockdown is a tool.

Western Australia is up and running, Victoria is in hard lockdown. Victorian cases have dropped by 2/3 in 3 weeks since lockdown commenced, as expected/modelled.
So, what happens when you 'unlock' everyone in a couple weeks?

And the Emirates planes from Dubai and Qatar planes from Doha start dropping off thousands of people a day in Melbourne?

What, exactly, does preventing people from passing around Covid-19 now, achieve?

Does the state of Victoria need until October to realize after 5 months, they should get some PPE?
You guys going to build a couple more hospitals during lockdown, in case of a surge in ICU needs?

I mean, what has everyone been doing in the last 5 months there, that they think building a wall around the state will prevent people who live in Victoria from ever getting a virus?

BlatantEcho

Super Anarchist
Blatant,

At last look, we have about 40 people total in ICU, concentrated in Victoria.

Even those pelicans think their tracing etc will catch up in the next week or so; they did borrow a few hundred trace staff from NSW, who were twiddling their thumbs.

Nuff said?
This chart shows the number of people who die in Victoria, every month, over the last year:

40 people in an ICU bed, assuming they all died, would be 1% of normal deaths for the month.
That's not even a rounding error.

You are forgetting, as most people do, that there are 7.8Billion people in the world.
176,000 humans die, every single day, normally.

40 people in the hospital (of which, what, 90% will survive) in a huge state in Australia... is... it's not even a rounding error.
It's effectively zero.

What the heck are you people scare of??

Source

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 5.21.18 PM.png

MR.CLEAN

Not here
you should totally apply for the job of head of infectious diseases.  do you really not wonder why they don't agree with you?

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
that paragraph a bit to subtle for your level of reading comprehension?
Less subtle than the one the lying dangerous cunt sniped out.

"That’s why it’s vital that countries are able to quickly identify and prevent clusters, to prevent community transmission and the possibility of new restrictions."

Fuck off yah dead cunt.

Frogman56

Anarchist
Sydney
Blatant,

Take it easy. I only reported the oz ICU data, 40 is not a bad relative outcome. But awareness of the worlds population has not escaped me, having spent time in a few cities of China and India where more than 10m people congregate; clusterfucks that they are.

In OZ, the State politicians run the day to day of covid. It appears electorally popular to overreact to 'threats from other states'; of course about as nonsensensical as it gets. We have political 'leaders' but the quality control has not been too good.

Dan Andrews in Victoria looks likely to exit stage left in the near future...

Anna Palaszuck in Qld is facing an election before Xmas; and her only remainig lever to avoid the guillotine is guess what? Strong borders. YCMTSU!

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Blatant,

Take it easy. I only reported the oz ICU data, 40 is not a bad relative outcome. But awareness of the worlds population has not escaped me, having spent time in a few cities of China and India where more than 10m people congregate; clusterfucks that they are.

In OZ, the State politicians run the day to day of covid. It appears electorally popular to overreact to 'threats from other states'; of course about as nonsensensical as it gets. We have political 'leaders' but the quality control has not been too good.

Dan Andrews in Victoria looks likely to exit stage left in the near future...

Anna Palaszuck in Qld is facing an election before Xmas; and her only remainig lever to avoid the guillotine is guess what? Strong borders. YCMTSU!
Funny what you say about Andrews.

Most people who've bothered to mention him that I've spoken to, from oldies in age care, to Doctors, to people in my french class and choir have expressed nothing but compassion for his undoubted fatigue . The only ones dissing him seem to be those that resent wearing masks. :rolleyes:

I think the thing we all should be thankful for is that all our leaders and leaders of the opposition seem to be working in the same direction with the same objectives and "solutions" despite a little sniping from the sidelines

Frogman56

Anarchist
Sydney
Hmmm,

Perhaps Andrews has two major problems?

1. He has not delegated appropriately.

2. Is beholden to others and is therefore constrained in his decisions.

??

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Hmmm,

Perhaps Andrews has two major problems?

1. He has not delegated appropriately.

2. Is beholden to others and is therefore constrained in his decisions.

??
I think when this is all over, there won't be a politician on the planet that comes out with a perfect score.

FF sake, it's a phenomena only 8 months old. I think people picking out this error or that in any politician are simply unrealistic.

Unless of course the politician refuses to take expert advice and flys in the face of basic intelligence.  :rolleyes:

I'm gracious enough to give ScoMo his due (despite my mother being in aged care, terrified and lets face it, do any of us understand why the Fed minister for Age Care services  didn't act sooner to stop Temp carers moving from place to place?).

Pointing to errors, even those with catastrophic consequences is a bit mean spirited in these unique times. 

There will be time enough for dozens of senate hearings and royal commissions In the mean time, let our elected leaders do their jobs to the best of their energy and ability. 

They don't need carping distractions.

Frogman56

Anarchist
Sydney
Shortfor,

Not saying 'no errors', or to blame for tactical, execution errors.

What i am saying is 'apparently unable to act in good faith' and 'evidently power hungry'; possibly without much awareness?

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
Funny what you say about Andrews.

Most people who've bothered to mention him that I've spoken to, from oldies in age care, to Doctors, to people in my french class and choir have expressed nothing but compassion for his undoubted fatigue . The only ones dissing him seem to be those that resent wearing masks. :rolleyes:

I think the thing we all should be thankful for is that all our leaders and leaders of the opposition seem to be working in the same direction with the same objectives and "solutions" despite a little sniping from the sidelines
You should get out more often. I have compassion for his fatigue and whilst i think he acts like an arrogant cunt, I agree that there is a need for such a leader. HOWEVER I also can see that they totally fucked up quarantine by not treating it as seriously as the other states and now with this inquiry, Dan is only using half truths and carefully wording his answers so he gives nothing away without being caught out with a blatant lie. He fucked Victoria over, he has fucked Australia over and he is not man enough to take responsibility.

I have to admire ScoMo for biting his tongue when it comes to Victoria.

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
I think when this is all over, there won't be a politician on the planet that comes out with a perfect score.

FF sake, it's a phenomena only 8 months old. I think people picking out this error or that in any politician are simply unrealistic.

Unless of course the politician refuses to take expert advice and flys in the face of basic intelligence.  :rolleyes:

I'm gracious enough to give ScoMo his due (despite my mother being in aged care, terrified and lets face it, do any of us understand why the Fed minister for Age Care services  didn't act sooner to stop Temp carers moving from place to place?).

Pointing to errors, even those with catastrophic consequences is a bit mean spirited in these unique times. 

There will be time enough for dozens of senate hearings and royal commissions In the mean time, let our elected leaders do their jobs to the best of their energy and ability. 

They don't need carping distractions.
Whilst as a lifetime Liberal voter and a Dan hater and I would love nothing more than see Dan forced to resign, and whilst I am annoyed by his mixed message and illogical  inconsistencies, I do appreciate that as a total cunt, he has been doing a good job as our dictator. There should have been no need for an inquiry into quarantine, Dan should have taken full responsibility for this mess and apologised to all Australians and then fix his mess. Then I would be happy enough for him to stay on and then face the voters hopefully in an after Covid world.