Aussie Government blow it (Again)

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
You should get out more often. I have compassion for his fatigue and whilst i think he acts like an arrogant cunt, I agree that there is a need for such a leader. HOWEVER I also can see that they totally fucked up quarantine by not treating it as seriously as the other states and now with this inquiry, Dan is only using half truths and carefully wording his answers so he gives nothing away without being caught out with a blatant lie. He fucked Victoria over, he has fucked Australia over and he is not man enough to take responsibility.

I have to admire ScoMo for biting his tongue when it comes to Victoria.
And I assume you bite your tongue when ScoMo refuses to critisise his Ministers for age care and Agriculture?

(How many deaths is he ultimately responsible for? one step removed from most of those in Victoria and Ag minister, Ruby Princess?)

Like I think I said, now is not the time for partisan politics.

I have never and will never vote Liberal in my life. I'm a staunch Leftie and stick with the left no matter what..Yeah, sometimes I have reservations.

But though I won't vote for ScoMo next election no matter how well he leads us through this, I can find enough grace and appreciation NOT to pull the man down in a National Crisis and give him some latitude..

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Whilst as a lifetime Liberal voter and a Dan hater and I would love nothing more than see Dan forced to resign, and whilst I am annoyed by his mixed message and illogical  inconsistencies, I do appreciate that as a total cunt, he has been doing a good job as our dictator. There should have been no need for an inquiry into quarantine, Dan should have taken full responsibility for this mess and apologised to all Australians and then fix his mess. Then I would be happy enough for him to stay on and then face the voters hopefully in an after Covid world.
What?  Um I think seeing as it looks like the first suspects , Security guards, Wilsons etc, were not actually the cause of this outbreak, are you seriously telling me there should be no investigations?

That DA should have just said whoops..sorry and would have been allowed to move on without the Hyena's pulling him down, chivving and snarling...while he's trying his best to get this under control?.

that's farcical.

We learned a LOT about things that could have potentially caused even worse outbreaks now and down the track. Good on DA for trying to find out what went wrong. He can take his caning later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rambler

Super Anarchist
East Coast OZ
Whilst as a lifetime Liberal voter and a Dan hater and I would love nothing more than see Dan forced to resign, 
It might even go further than that. You might recall Dan brought in probably the most draconian OHS rules in the World, making the board and senior executives subject to long prison terms when someone dies or is injured, even though they had no knowledge or even oversight of the circumstances giving rise to the injury. He also made it possible for anyone to trigger the investigation, like the legislation itself, as a favour to his union mates.

Well, a third party has triggered that with respect to the Quarantine disaster. One view might be that either Dan, the Health Minster and a good portion of the senior health officials go to jail, or the legislation gets gutted in its interpretation. Some might think neither is a bad result.

And I assume you bite your tongue when ScoMo refuses to critisise his Ministers for age care and Agriculture?

(How many deaths is he ultimately responsible for? one step removed from most of those in Victoria and Ag minister, Ruby Princess?)
Anyone who was on the Ruby Princess can hardly blame the Government for their fate. That was settled when they boarded the boat. Those who caught it from them might be a different matter.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
It might even go further than that. You might recall Dan brought in probably the most draconian OHS rules in the World, making the board and senior executives subject to long prison terms when someone dies or is injured, even though they had no knowledge or even oversight of the circumstances giving rise to the injury. He also made it possible for anyone to trigger the investigation, like the legislation itself, as a favour to his union mates.

So, I assume you'd be OK with Worksafe employing an extra thousand investigators ?

It's not a favour to "his union mates" It's a sensible use of experienced and trained Union personnel to oversight Worksafe regulations. Nothing to do with Dan Andrews, it's been part of the Occupational Health and Safety act 2004 since at least 2005.

So you, or more likely hundreds and thousands of Victorian workers can thank Bracksy 

https://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au/resources/guide-right-entry-authorised-representatives

I've spent 15 years of my life dealing with petty little employers like you. Senior claims investigator with both ComCare and Private insurance under both the Vic OH&S Acts and Federal so take your irresponsible whining elsewhere.

When you've seen the files and the deaths and the negligence I have, get back to me.

Well, a third party has triggered that with respect to the Quarantine disaster. One view might be that either Dan, the Health Minster and a good portion of the senior health officials go to jail, or the legislation gets gutted in its interpretation. Some might think neither is a bad result.

Anyone who was on the Ruby Princess can hardly blame the Government for their fate. That was settled when they boarded the boat. Those who caught it from them might be a different matter.

What?  Um I think seeing as it looks like the first suspects , Security guards, Wilsons etc, were not actually the cause of this outbreak, are you seriously telling me there should be no investigations?
Oh really? So the duty manager passed it onto the guards - who then spread it thru the towers. What am I missing ?

And you really think DA doesn't know what happened ?  Don't be stupid AND left.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Oh really? So the duty manager passed it onto the guards - who then spread it thru the towers. What am I missing ?

And you really think DA doesn't know what happened ?  Don't be stupid AND left.
You said that there should not have been/no need for an investigation.

I'm saying  we learn from such things. 

FWIW, it seems that no one knew what the hell was going on and the CMO has quite rightly said that when they DO know, they'll let us know.

I like DA's responses to these "investigative" questions. "you can print what you like, but I'm a bit busy at the moment"

Good on him.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Hah, you know what all this boils down to?

We are all being dragged kicking and squealing to reluctantly accept...that unlike other places in the world (that shall be nameless)

Most of our Politicial leaders of either stripe are basically competent to manage a crisis.

Well done us.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
astro said:
So I had a break from here, when I came back Jacky had gone all potty-mouthed on us.

What's the deal Jack?  Attention seeking or what?

It takes someone like you to turn an otherwise useful word and hack it to death with over exposure.
Potty mouthed? Jesus Random you're picking up some mealy mouthed habits from here. :D

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
A lying dangerous cunt. 

astro said:
So I had a break from here, when I came back Jacky had gone all potty-mouthed on us.

What's the deal Jack?  Attention seeking or what?

It takes someone like you to take an otherwise useful word and hack it to death with over exposure.
Where are my royalties yah cunt. 

IMG_20200823_210428.jpg

RobG

Super Anarchist

First cab off the rank is fuck-off the "centralised" Contact/Trace App that needs at least 15 million uploads to work. Australia now an outlier with that piece of shit architecture. Little wonder the mortality rate has nearly tripled.

Replace it with the proven Google/Apple "decentralised" App architecture that works and is supported as it privacy secure unlike the current piece of shit.

Apparently this is how the Google/Apple "toolkit" works:

The tools created by Apple and Google work using Bluetooth signals on iPhone and Android devices to detect when a person comes in close and prolonged contact with others. With the technology, public health officials can notify those who've been in contact with someone who's tested positive for the coronavirus.
CNET.com

Sounds like the Aus Gov backed Covid-19 app that has pretty much failed because it requires a high percentage of the population to have a mobile phone and to download and install it.

The only useful mobile phone application would be one that records everywhere you've been over a 3 or 4 week period.

PS. I have the AU gov Covid-19 app installed and running. Occasionally it asks me to check it's on because it hasn't detected any nearby phones, I check and it's running. I restart it from time–to–time just in because it's a computer thing and the first thing to do if there are any issues is to turn it off and back on again…

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
Sounds like the Aus Gov backed Covid-19 app that has pretty much failed because it requires a high percentage of the population to have a mobile phone and to download and install it.
Decentralised (Google/Apple Arch) and Centralised both require over 50% of pop. Phone ownership not the problem.

Centralised failed take up is because of privacy concerns (App automatically links personal contact details on central server, no manual intervention) and requires App to be constantly running so draining battery. There is also issues with it on Apple phones.

Decentralised the data stored on phone and  user uploads. Concerns about misuse haven't seemed to materialise. Advantage is mobility between states/countries. For instance think Europe residents or mandatory for international visitors as condition of entry etc. 

The only useful mobile phone application would be one that records everywhere you've been over a 3 or 4 week period.
Both forms do, only data location different 

Apparently this is how the Google/Apple "toolkit" works:
Both forms use blue tooth signal strength algorithm to measure distance. This is prone to increasing contacts. For instance signal RX from phone in bag in open compared to RX inside a metal railway carriage that applifies/bounces the signal. The extra contacts just means more trace staff required.

This diag shows the extra horsepower for contact/tracing of App over manual contact/tracing.

Many think it icing on the cake however it is integral to a proper contact/track/test/isolate system.

Shown is the bones of the UK's which is fucked as they don't have all the 4 pillars in place. Those 4 pillars are testing, local authority isolate administration, the App and tracing infrastructure. 

Govt have to get serious as this is a relatively cheap and very effective way of returning life to normal ASAP.

If they aren't they need a arse kicking.

_112386064_contact_tracing_v2_640-1-nc (1).png

IMG_20200620_093337.jpg

SCARECROW

Super Anarchist
Melbourne, Aus
Flying Fish2 said:
I see the Victorian Premier is talking about extending the State of Emergency and associated restrictions for another 12 months (18 months in total).  Good luck with that!

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/coronavirus-victoria-live-latrobe-university-students-party-during-melbourne-lockdown/live-coverage/e4c83d113632fbdbd9b1c8a5a232fb27
wouldn't get to hung up on that.  Sure people are going to argue its all a conspiracy to take away freedoms etc., but in effect it just centralizes and streamlines responses so they can react as needed legally rather than having wankers like the ones in NZ taking the government to court because the first 2 weeks of their original shutdown were "illegal" as parliament hadn't put in place the necessary legislation. 

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
Fuck off Randumb - what have I done to deserve Dan's stern teacher lectures? I may in fact migrate to your part of the southern hemisphere soon  - just to not be in this one.  -_-
Unless you really are a fucking idiot, Dan's lectures are not for you.

Actually if you're doing all the right things, he's quite effusive in his praises of you.

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
Fuck off Randumb - what have I done to deserve Dan's stern teacher lectures? I may in fact migrate to your part of the southern hemisphere soon  - just to not be in this one.  -_-
And the gutless cunt still refuses to admit that he fucked us all over (Dan, not Randumb)