Zeusproject

Anarchist
Ready for FOS pre Xmas launch “Martini Racing”

D886B40F-B140-4BD5-ACDA-5DFA978C48A4.jpeg

Livia

Super Anarchist
Southern Ocean
And the wheels and the interior moulding so good luck to them

any builder that turns out 63 38 footers in the early 2000s was doing great things

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
Given that the new owner bought a full batten dacron cross cut main, I suspect that they may not have really known what they were getting into.

based on it's sisters ship performance, Whistler, it could make a good racer, but a lot of money needs to be spent first.

Swept back spreaders, chainplates, rigging, a full race sail wardrobe, rename and remove graphics...

Red Centre

Hobart
Given that the new owner bought a full batten dacron cross cut main, I suspect that they may not have really known what they were getting into.

based on it's sisters ship performance, Whistler, it could make a good racer, but a lot of money needs to be spent first.

Swept back spreaders, chainplates, rigging, a full race sail wardrobe, rename and remove graphics...
It’s a masthead rig

Doh !

All BH 36’s have an in-line MH rig (think J 35) The Sydney 36 was fractional. Why would you want to change to sweptback - the rig is bullet proof? 

pulpit

Super Anarchist
I don't know about the wheel on this 36

Now hoppy, 

there is no problem with having a wheel on the 36 the bigger problem is having the enclosed transom. 

I sail on a 36 out of Brisbane and it’s a great boat. It was just uncomfortable having a hey diddle diddle off the back with the life lines at knee level if you know what I mean in a seaway. 

Pulpit 

pulpit

Super Anarchist

Hoppy,

I  can help you out with a Sydney 36 tin rig with swept back spreaders and rigging. I have a rig that I own from a 36 ready to go and the rigging is still in date. It’s the 7/8’s rig and I can arrange to get it to you if you need ? 

Just to help get you into a new boat mate. I may even be able to help you get a few second hand assy’s as well. 

Pulpit

p.s are you around over the Christmas holidays ? If so let’s have a drink or 2 

Pulpit

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
Hoppy,

I  can help you out with a Sydney 36 tin rig with swept back spreaders and rigging. I have a rig that I own from a 36 ready to go and the rigging is still in date. It’s the 7/8’s rig and I can arrange to get it to you if you need ? 

Just to help get you into a new boat mate. I may even be able to help you get a few second hand assy’s as well. 

Pulpit

p.s are you around over the Christmas holidays ? If so let’s have a drink or 2 

Pulpit
Do you have an electric shitter as well?

Stuck in Melbourne, so a drink sounds good ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
All BH 36’s have an in-line MH rig (think J 35) The Sydney 36 was fractional. Why would you want to change to sweptback - the rig is bullet proof? 

Yeah, I know... I don’t really get why you would need to change the rig and chain plates to make it competitive?
no particular reason, MH just seems old fashioned and because Whistler is rigged that way

28_4-4K.jpg

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
Now hoppy, 

there is no problem with having a wheel on the 36 the bigger problem is having the enclosed transom. 

I sail on a 36 out of Brisbane and it’s a great boat. It was just uncomfortable having a hey diddle diddle off the back with the life lines at knee level if you know what I mean in a seaway. 

Pulpit 
The 36CR has a better arse setup

FIZF2O3LGMT4ZXUERSED6BKRXU.jpg

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
Anyone know if the Bull 9000 meets the minimum stability requirements for cat 2?

Certainly looks to be a fun club racer and offshore is probably easier on the crew than a mumm 30