Aussie/Kiwi ocean and club racers

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
2008 Runnalls 94 Jaffa $189k

Newly listed. Only seems to be on the brokers site at the moment. 
https://www.38southboatsales.com.au/listing/2008-runnalls-39

Entered for the 75th Sydney to Hobart and currently berthed at the CYCA in Sydney where she may be inspected prior to that event with post-race handover in Hobart or later in Melbourne. A position on board for the 75th Sydney to Hobart could be considered for a suitably experienced and contracted purchaser.

Runnalls_39_Jaffa_1b.jpg

Runnalls_39_Jaffa_28.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
A few boats entered into the S2H and are advertised as for sale

Jaffa

Dream

She's the Culprit

Scallywag

Frantic

Hollywood Boulevard

Koa

Yeah baby

A Bakewell-White 38 cruiser racer has just been listed in NZ for $195k nz

The ad says it used to race in Perth and I wonder from the sail number if it used to be racing in Melbourne at Royals

https://yachthub.com/list/yachts-for-sale/used/sail-monohulls/bakewell-white-38/240608

First time I've see a bow sprit for a code zero along side a retractable BS.

View attachment 331518

View attachment 331519

Very plush for racing

View attachment 331517

An electric shitter  :)

View attachment 331516
Started life as Avela sailed out of Royal Freshwater Bay YC, sold and went a bit further up the river to Royal Perth YC and renamed.

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia
You're approaching this all wrong Hoppy. If you want to win races it  doesn't really matter which boat you buy. Winning in Aus simply requires you to have a few mates at Australian Sailing, and a healthy disrespect for the rule book. So take the money you were saving for upgrades and spend it on old fashioned graft and corruption. 

Much more effective tin cup strategy. Trust me.

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
You're approaching this all wrong Hoppy. If you want to win races it  doesn't really matter which boat you buy. Winning in Aus simply requires you to have a few mates at Australian Sailing, and a healthy disrespect for the rule book. So take the money you were saving for upgrades and spend it on old fashioned graft and corruption. 

So if I win tattslotto and grease up the right people, I can win the LH & tatts of the S2H in a S80...

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia
Absolutely.

Don't worry about the pesky blue book, that's just a sop for suckering the restless natives to keep injecting money into the sport. 

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia
Sadly , she will, after I finish fixing the damage.

I can ( rightly)  be accused of being dumb, naive, a sucker and too trusting, but I'm not utterly bereft of all intelligence.

I just fucked up and picked the wrong club and the wrong sport it appears. Won't be my first dumb decision, and probably not the last either :)

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia
Nah, the sport choice was good. Way better than golf and lycra on a bike is not a good look for far too many riders.
Very true. I wonder if biking and golf clubs also provide people to vandalise your equipment and call meetings with non sporting community organisations you work with to besmirch your professional character. 

I hope so, will make me feel right at home.   

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
I'm sure biking clubs can arrange a puncture and golf clubs can hide your ball in the rough to make you feel welcome.

Or move down to Melbourne and join my club. We seem pretty well behaved compared to up your way and we can show you that it is possible to sail even when it is less than 25c.

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas

Livia

Super Anarchist
Southern Ocean

So now that enough staff emails have leaked out of the organisations involved    What I want to know is why haven’t every female board member of Australian sailing resigned by now

Zeusproject

Anarchist
So now that enough staff emails have leaked out of the organisations involved    What I want to know is why haven’t every female board member of Australian sailing resigned by now
And if you don’t know someone in Australia Sailing buy yourself a Measurer and sort it that way.   

Crazy Horse

Queensland
6 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Not a racer, but I just found a Jeanneau 57 in Geraldton that is up for auction starting at $95k.

A massive chunk is missing from the rudder and it's clearly been sitting around neglected for some time. Perhaps the boat was seized by federal police for drug running?

https://yachthub.com/list/yachts-for-sale/used/sail-monohulls/jeanneau-jeanneau-57-ds-sun-odyssey/240769

https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/details/2010-jeanneau-57/SSE-AD-6399497/?Cr=0

Drug boat, do they have the authority to sell it and will the owner come looking for it?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-12/three-men-charged-over-billion-dollar-wa-drug-yacht-bust/11506418

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia
I probably missed it Shaggy but what was damaged? 

I have known some real douchebags in my days but messing with someones boat is low.
G'day LWB,

Yeah, new to me too. Batteries/electrical,hull damage. Finding the docklines untied and made to look as they were still attached was a low day.

Luckily, the boat just bounced off the dock cleat instead of bouncing off my very expensive next door neighbour.

A new one was finding the power cable had cuts down to bare copper. It often sits in water on the dock, so shorted out the power and fucked the batteries and a few other things.

The club tell me that's 'normal'. What I can't work out is why all this 'normal' stuff only happened after I protested the club.