Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
After a long, long, long wait……….

nearly here.

280E3869-83F4-462C-B381-7E8F0D5F0548.jpeg

DELETED

Anarchist
Hazmat Officer:
Well, here she is. They left her under an overpass for the night.

Gamble:
You find anything?

Hazmat Officer:
Yeah. We found a lot of stuff. From bodily fluid and hair samples, we determined that a bunch of old, homeless dudes had an orgy in the car.

Gamble:
Oh, God.

Hazmat Officer:
Yeah. You know what that's called when they do that in there? That's called a soup kitchen. It's pretty rough stuff. Not long after that, a mama raccoon came along and gave birth on the floor.

Gamble:
What about fingerprints? You find any fingerprints?

Hazmat Officer:
Nope, couldn't get a one.

Investigator:
Found a cell phone.

Gamble:
Yeah, that's mine.

Hoitz:
Any signs of a struggle or spent shells?

Hazmat Officer:
No. Believe me, everybody that was in on this orgy was more than willing. In fact, they even left you a note here. "Thanks for the F-shack. Love, Dirty Mike and the boys." Here's something we found. We found about a dozen unscratched lottery tickets. No fingerprints or nothing. Check that out. Yeah, it's a real shame, you know. 

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
I did have my first sail Friday with the family. It was a bit of a challenge effectively soloing a boat that is new to me. I was impressed with its speed in light winds with a #3

5AC7AC9A-DD30-4CF0-966E-2776DAA17874.jpeg

Jono

Super Anarchist
Another Duchess is one bid $60,000. Auction closes today. Sigh.

We're in lockdown and I've been cleaning out old magazines including Australian Sailing. I didn't know she won Hammo IRC in 2002. Got a new keel and rudder for the regatta.

Jono

Super Anarchist
AD went for $61k. Only 2 bids. Speaking of auction boats, what happened to Upshot / ex Hydroflow. the Elliott 52? Is she sailing anywhere?

Blast from the past SC.  Do you see anything of ThatBarGuy and Sailormooon (CT and CC) these days?  Prion is the boat that TBG went to Hobart on in 2006 as a recently diagnosed T1 diabetic, proving to our son that he could do it too.
Well hello.

We’re both still around, still married and have two junior SAers. In fact, I’ve just come back from a 2up dinghy sail with the young bloke (he’s 9) and he was main & helm all day. I’m redundant.

SM is doing great things but not boat related. We took some time away from boats but they’re creeping back in ever so slowly.

TBG  

Recidivist

Super Anarchist
Well hello.

We’re both still around, still married and have two junior SAers. In fact, I’ve just come back from a 2up dinghy sail with the young bloke (he’s 9) and he was main & helm all day. I’m redundant.

SM is doing great things but not boat related. We took some time away from boats but they’re creeping back in ever so slowly.

TBG  
Hey TBG, great to hear from you.  Youngster 9!  Where did that time go?  Great to hear you are both (all) well.  Never redundant mate - you get to tell the youngsters that you taught them all they know, but not all that YOU know!  Keeps them honest for a few years - but I have to admit I defer to our youngster(!) these days ...

Stay well, all of you (and visit the old haunt sometimes).

Cheers

R

BTW - your example led to M actually skippering a 40'er to Hobart last year (or last race, whenever that was) at age 29, for the owner who was not on board.  Thanks for all the advice re T1D - it helped him greatly!

Phil

Super Anarchist
SYDNEY AUSTRALIA
Hey TBG, great to hear from you.  Youngster 9!  Where did that time go?  Great to hear you are both (all) well.  Never redundant mate - you get to tell the youngsters that you taught them all they know, but not all that YOU know!  Keeps them honest for a few years - but I have to admit I defer to our youngster(!) these days ...

Stay well, all of you (and visit the old haunt sometimes).

Cheers

R

BTW - your example led to M actually skippering a 40'er to Hobart last year (or last race, whenever that was) at age 29, for the owner who was not on board.  Thanks for all the advice re T1D - it helped him greatly!
Where's the years gone by? TBG and SM with a 9 year old that should be skippering a Cadet or at least crewing.

R: as for Young M, he was 16 when he first went offshore with us?

Too hard to keep track of the young uns these days, they get fed and watered and grow up!

Y88

Have zero issues being double vaxxed or have the booster shot if I have to. To have a Covid test 7 days before Syd2Hbt and a Neg test result and be able to do what we love . If it means we can get back to ocean racing and Syd2Hob after the money in training and gear.