Aussie/Kiwi ocean and club racers

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
Pretty sure that's not the old MR, it's a sister ship. It raced in Sydney a million years ago under that same name IIRC.
phew... It would have been an awful amount of money to have wasted for just a couple of years use. In hindsight it was stupid of me to think it could have been the same.

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas

1663306229363.png

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
TP52 KOA $339k

View attachment 541378

also for $339k SF3300

1663306425239.png

DickDastardly

Super Anarchist
Syderney
Last edited:

Jono

Super Anarchist
A few boats starting to get a bit sticky on the market. Terra Firma still not sold, nor the Farr 40s or 1 x Class 40 and a do up Sydney 38. Then the 50s market has also dried up. Shortwave sold, but Koa and the H54 have been joined by Primitive Man. Then the Marten 49 and Pacific 50s and X50 are still for sale. I don't know how I would race them without powered winches.

[email protected]

Super Anarchist
43 south
A few boats starting to get a bit sticky on the market. Terra Firma still not sold, nor the Farr 40s or 1 x Class 40 and a do up Sydney 38. Then the 50s market has also dried up. Shortwave sold, but Koa and the H54 have been joined by Primitive Man. Then the Marten 49 and Pacific 50s and X50 are still for sale. I don't know how I would race them without powered winches.
Not to mention the two Mt Gay 30s... :(

The last 3 mentioned probably have powered winches, I know for sure the X does, and they should be in "new" condition as they haven't been used as powered since she was brand new.

Chucky

Anarchist
Melbourne
Market has dropped out according to brokers.
From what I can see is there is not a lot of good quality race or racer/cruiser boats on the market at the moment. Most brokers do not have many listings on their websites so they must be struggling to survive! New boat sales are another issue with delivery times, that could be a reason the used yacht market has a lack of listings?

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
From what I can see is there is not a lot of good quality race or racer/cruiser boats on the market at the moment. Most brokers do not have many listings on their websites so they must be struggling to survive! New boat sales are another issue with delivery times, that could be a reason the used yacht market has a lack of listings?
I have a mate who is feeling cashed up and looking to buy his first boat. So I took a look at up to 5-15yo/11-13m production cruisers to offer suggestions and really struggled to offer suggestions

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
Bene first 40 or too racy?
Probably to big for his ability. He was looking at a 44 Hunter initially, but given that he is only going to play on Port Philip Bay and is a novice sailor, it was too big. I gave him enough of a negative opinion about Hunters in general for him to research further and realise they are shit.

He once got close to buying a Bavaria Match 42 but got scared off by the non-standard keel and lack of paperwork the mods. Luckily for him.

He should get a mid-30's prod cruiser. Needs 3 cabins for the occasional overnight with his two young sons. Just not so many options on the market at the moment. There is a First 36.7 nearby which he might inspect. I guess he can set it up to be more easily sailed to suit his ability.

Last edited: