Aussie/Kiwi ocean and club racers

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
Ross 35 modified $145k

View attachment 563559
The seller has engaged a broker.

Clearly the broker is a professional who knows his market (QLD at least) and what they like.

23_4.jpg

24_4.jpg

SCANAS

Super Anarchist
Brisbane
Some interesting choices could be made between NZ and Australian boats. Some have been on the market for a while now.
Higher Ground vs the Shaw above (in NC) vs Mad Jack vs the Mumm 36
The T980 vs the Elliott 9.6
Anarchy vs the GTS 43 vs Hartbreaker
Kia Kaha at under $200k vs Koa vs the H54
Pretty Boy Floyd vs the Class 40 above vs the Farr 40

And my feature boat of the week is probably She's Apples.

I'd love any of them.
Anarchy is a great buy. We are at the end for FARR40’s aren’t we. Buying a stiff one is like buying a 55 series Landcruiser without rust.

Mad Jack is very tubby for a 35’r do they all have that much beam?

Some interesting choices could be made between NZ and Australian boats. Some have been on the market for a while now.
Higher Ground vs the Shaw above (in NC) vs Mad Jack vs the Mumm 36
The T980 vs the Elliott 9.6
Anarchy vs the GTS 43 vs Hartbreaker
Kia Kaha at under $200k vs Koa vs the H54
Pretty Boy Floyd vs the Class 40 above vs the Farr 40

And my feature boat of the week is probably She's Apples.

I'd love any of them.
Apples has had a chequered history since her glory days, but she will always be one of my favourite boats.
The bloody thing just likes winning, we could stuff thing up royally and she would just look at us like we were stupid and set off to pull herself back to the front.
When she was new we won an awful lot of races with her.
I can even overlook that fact that she's no beauty when she is so nice to sail. (I must admit to not being any prettier than she is, so that might be part of it!)

DELETED

Anarchist
Ok.. This is not a joke.. Due to previous injuries it seems my balance and adequate mobility may never be returning.. This has led to me making the hard decision this week to give up on completing her(and my) return to sailing.

There is nothing owing on her, she has just had a complete below waterline birthday and finished in Vivid white, relaunched yesterday. Waiting on New rig quotes.

For the next 24hrs, if someone from Anarchy wants to give her a GOOD home and private messages me here, they can have her FREE.. otherwise i’ll leave the ads in the link on and see what/if any offers i get.

https://yachthub.com/list/yachts-for-sale/used/sail-monohulls/davidson-34-3-4-tonner/277152

The 24hrs starts…NOW…(1300pm Sydney time).
Cheers.

Ex Machina

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Anarchy is a great buy. We are at the end for FARR40’s aren’t we. Buying a stiff one is like buying a 55 series Landcruiser without rust.

Mad Jack is very tubby for a 35’r do they all have that much beam?
Higher ground looks very formidable from bow on but so do the young’s and Elliott’s of the same era . They give the impression of 45-50ftr bearing down you

huey 2

Super Anarchist
syd
Ok.. This is not a joke.. Due to previous injuries it seems my balance and adequate mobility may never be returning.. This has led to me making the hard decision this week to give up on completing her(and my) return to sailing.

There is nothing owing on her, she has just had a complete below waterline birthday and finished in Vivid white, relaunched yesterday. Waiting on New rig quotes.

For the next 24hrs, if someone from Anarchy wants to give her a GOOD home and private messages me here, they can have her FREE.. otherwise i’ll leave the ads in the link on and see what/if any offers i get.

Very Generous but know the feeling...

re mast electrolysis; cleaned up hole each side, then with tacked in pre-fitted Plate[ tig]drop in replacement piece.... then longer [taller] pre-fitted doublers slid up on poles inside mast in place with cocky crap [cadmium paste] spread on toggled with pin through to pull tight then riveted above and below spreaders.... then spreaders bases back on with cocky crap spread layer then fasten into place...

Sailed against Singapore Gal and yes a quick little gal she is...some of the north harbour 14 ft guys got another 1/2 tonner ..? Beach Inspector and it was a good tussle also a couple of times spread over the years doing Syd Mooloolahba on Lyons design Buck and others

Good luck with your health...its no joke !!

Last edited:

42 South

Anarchist
Once took SG as a part trade-in when I sold a previous boat - only owned her for two weeks before it was sold. Recall that she had a good set of sails at the time - only boat that I owned, but never sailed.
There is a bit of a story behind her leaving Hobart......

DELETED

Anarchist
Once took SG as a part trade-in when I sold a previous boat - only owned her for two weeks before it was sold. Recall that she had a good set of sails at the time - only boat that I owned, but never sailed.
There is a bit of a story behind her leaving Hobart......
I still have a spinnaker bag onboard with "42South" on it.
The story of her leaving Hobart
Back then was a weird one. I spoke with the previous owner(top bloke) who recovered her after that situation. Then the story of how i bought her from the gent that stepped down into the life raft back then is a weird story too.. I have met and talked to so many people that have sailed on or against her over the years.
I'm still considering her and my future.
To Re rig or not re rig, that is the question...

DELETED

Anarchist
Very Generous but know the feeling...

re mast electrolysis; cleaned up hole each side, then with tacked in pre-fitted Plate[ tig]drop in replacement piece.... then longer [taller] pre-fitted doublers slid up on poles inside mast in place with cocky crap [cadmium paste] spread on toggled with pin through to pull tight then riveted above and below spreaders.... then spreaders bases back on with cocky crap spread layer then fasten into place...

Sailed against Singapore Gal and yes a quick little gal she is...some of the north harbour 14 ft guys got another 1/2 tonner ..? Beach Inspector and it was a good tussle also a couple of times spread over the years doing Syd Mooloolahba on Lyons design Buck and others

Good luck with your health...its no joke !!
Appreciate the info on mast section repair.
I do my own Tig at home, but have never dealt with Oval mast extrusions and the loads and torsional stresses on that old inline spreader/Fractional Rig, so it had me bluffed..
Probably for the best, as a Frac&inline rig, it wasnt ideal for short handing or soloing.
I hate giving up tho...
Maybe time to go mast top,inline.

Last edited:

Rushman

FIIGS
Melbourne, Aust