Any photos of the crapper?
cant see one, so perhaps you go on the sugarscoop

13_4.jpg

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
Do keep up Scanas... :)

On 11/17/2019 at 6:44 PM, The Dark Knight said:

Not a racer, but I just found a Jeanneau 57 in Geraldton that is up for auction starting at $95k.

A massive chunk is missing from the rudder and it's clearly been sitting around neglected for some time. Perhaps the boat was seized by federal police for drug running?

https://yachthub.com/list/yachts-for-sale/used/sail-monohulls/jeanneau-jeanneau-57-ds-sun-odyssey/240769

https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/details/2010-jeanneau-57/SSE-AD-6399497/?Cr=0

SCANAS

Super Anarchist
Brisbane
Quest & SMB1 were the dux nuts when I was in high school! Dreamt of being able to buy them one day. I’ll keep dreaming of being able to afford to run one ;)  

DickDastardly

Super Anarchist
Syderney
Quest & SMB1 were the dux nuts when I was in high school! Dreamt of being able to buy them one day. I’ll keep dreaming of being able to afford to run one ;)  
SMB1 now a 20 year old race boat but still goes ok.  Needs some optimisation, watch this space...

DickDastardly

Super Anarchist
Syderney
1996 - 24yrs old next month! Change that to primary school. Refit and or IRC tickle? 
Both, but it will be a gradual process.  Crew of good mates with a lot of Hobart races between them doing a relatively last minute Hobart campaign this year, some IRC tickling involved.  Pre-Hobart program is said to revolve around Twilights and beer, qualification sail is done.  More optimisation thinking to happen post-Hobart.  General view is that there's plenty of upside in the old girl.  The hull is rock solid, and it's pretty vice free to sail.  Rigging glitches being sorted out as I write.  Needs a lower rating, work to be done on that.  Plenty of work still to do on polars, sail combos and related thinking.  Owner's brother is a sailmaker, that always helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
Out of curiosity what sort of money do you need to spend to keep a boat in Sydney on a mooring? In Melbourne you pretty much have to keep your boat in a marina.

I asked the marina price at MHYC for a laugh when I stayed a couple of nights there and they said $20k. I think i paid about $1k per month in pittwater per month on a mooring for a few months over summer, but did not find out the annual rate, but I guess it would have been 6-7k

DickDastardly

Super Anarchist
Syderney
Out of curiosity what sort of money do you need to spend to keep a boat in Sydney on a mooring? In Melbourne you pretty much have to keep your boat in a marina.

I asked the marina price at MHYC for a laugh when I stayed a couple of nights there and they said $20k. I think i paid about $1k per month in pittwater per month on a mooring for a few months over summer, but did not find out the annual rate, but I guess it would have been 6-7k
https://cyca.com.au/marina-facilities/#MarinaHardstandcharges

Latest posts