Australian Sailing

shanghaisailor

Super Anarchist
Shanghai, China
But having said this, one of the things I love about sailing is that you take responsibility for yourself, your boat and your crew.  The increasing level of mandates from authorities takes away some of the sense of achievement you get in planning and executing your voyages safely (in my view).
100% correct. If you are racing it is called Racing Rules of Sailing, Rule 3. Some of these organisations seem to forget they are there for the sailor, sailors aren't there for them.

dfw_sailor

Super Anarchist
DFW
Purely Hypothetical of course. As if the genteel sport of sailing would have such entitled, selfish, win at all costs, type of people participating...
Would this be a little humdrum hypothetical? or a big hypothetical that Mr g robertson would salivate over?

Or from another angle...... Would such hypothetical have had big ramifications in the placings, or just meh.

Rum Monkey

Anarchist
Out of interest if a Pro sailor had flown into the country and then jumped on a clients boat without completing the mandatory isolation period, and the owner and crew knew- what would be a suitable penalty.

Purely hypothetical of course.
depends were the person flew into

Bill E Goat

Super Anarchist
Sydney
Out of interest if a Pro sailor had flown into the country and then jumped on a clients boat without completing the mandatory isolation period, and the owner and crew knew- what would be a suitable penalty.

At least he wasn't a cockhead tennis player

Livia

Super Anarchist
Southern Ocean
Then there is the big boat crew that all signed the declarations as clear on arrival, but a few days back later back in Sydney  over half were positive.

All caught it at the Customs House apparently.

Pretty unlucky.

You don’t mean like Steve ‘Mothy’ Jarvin, do you? The guy who was skiing at his place in America on the 20th of December, did the Hobart race on URM on Boxing Day, retired and was back skiing in the US by New Year’s Eve?

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
You don’t mean like Steve ‘Mothy’ Jarvin, do you? The guy who was skiing at his place in America on the 20th of December, did the Hobart race on URM on Boxing Day, retired and was back skiing in the US by New Year’s Eve?

No - I don’t mean anyone. Simply hypothetical.
I’m guessing someone on the boat that crossed the line in 2nd place on IRC

Bill E Goat

Super Anarchist
Sydney
So the rules back then were

International travel

So if you left America on the 21st Dec you would arrive the 23rd Dec, 72 hours self isolation is 26th Dec and I got a test on the 23rd and got it back on the 27th

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts