Australian Sailing

LB 15

Cunt
Sailing 2032 is a plan for Australian Sailing, however critically, it is also a call to action for our sailing clubs, Discover Sailing Centres, class associations, volunteers and sailing stakeholders to embrace and align with our plan, to collectively benefit us all.”
Come on everyone lets work together as a team and do it my way...

CO1811V_5d538017c3fde_1280.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Couta

Super Anarchist
Australia
Only started to read it and came across this: "...Sailing 2032 charts the future direction of sailing in Australia, ensuring our sailing community continues to thrive,” said Australian Sailing President Daniel Belcher."

"...Continues to thrive..." Seriously...he thinks the sport is "Thriving"....FFS!!!

I'll wade through the rest of it...but we're not off to a good start here.....

Couta

Super Anarchist
Australia
....even with my eyes rolling I still managed a cynical chuckle at reading this:

"....ensuring there are mechanisms in place to reward and recongise success...."

Clearly, mechanisms are needed...starting with...spell check!

mccroc

Anarchist
Sydney
Love this bit:

»  We are aware of who our participants and members are, what they want and we can communicate with them directly.

So that's what SailPass is really about? Who would have guessed?

Oh, this is pretty well said too:

» Culture Crew – An internal working group, made up of cross-functional employees will focus on activating the Values & Behaviours of Australian Sailing and ensuring there are mechanisms in place to reward and recongise success.

I wish they would spend as much time on sailing, as they do on writing  meaningless policy statements.

Sorry Couta you had already pointed out the mistake while I was typing!

Couta

Super Anarchist
Australia
Outstanding piece of cut & paste corporate babble for the benefit of govt departmental approval.....bottom line.....Focus will remain firmly on Lympix...noses will remain firmly in the trough....

Business as Usual.

FinnFish

Super Anarchist
Outstanding piece of cut & paste corporate babble for the benefit of govt departmental approval.....bottom line.....Focus will remain firmly on Lympix...noses will remain firmly in the trough....

Business as Usual.
Strategic Pillars, 2000s corporate speak.

No3 To become the number one Olympic sailing country in the world uniting and inspiring our community and nation. 

So does that mean No1 Olympic nation, as in number of medals or the number on nation at uniting and inspiring our community? 

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
The sad thing is that it's got nothing to do with making sailing better for %99.99 of us sailor.

It's all about a cash grab thanks to the Brisvegas Olympics. Pretty pathetic.

DtM

Super Anarchist
Out of the Office
Well ArSe has cross-functional employees. What the fuck does that mean?

We need our little friend GRS to help out with 'splainin' this document.

Is he the chairman of cross-function?

What a load of drivel.

LB 15

Cunt
Having spent years as a marketing consultant to corporates and Government I found nothing more amusing than when they talked about 'Creating a culture' within the organization. The challenge was always to break the culture, not create one.

LB 15

Cunt
The sad thing is that it's got nothing to do with making sailing better for %99.99 of us sailor.

It's all about a cash grab thanks to the Brisvegas Olympics. Pretty pathetic.
The old Australian Yachting federation and then Australian sailing liked to reinvent themselves with a future vision document full of 'Pathways' every couple of years. Makes them feel like they have real jobs.

SPORTSCAR

Super Anarchist
Strategic Pillars, 2000s corporate speak.

No3 To become the number one Olympic sailing country in the world uniting and inspiring our community and nation. 

So does that mean No1 Olympic nation, as in number of medals or the number on nation at uniting and inspiring our community? 
And so it continues, the bulk of funding will continue to go to the Chosen Few to take part in their precious 4-yearly Medal Quest at the continuing expense of the development and growth of the grass roots sport nation-wide. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Couta

Super Anarchist
Australia
OK..so they've nailed their colours to the mast...and so we know zactly what to expect (more of the same). The question remains, "wots to be done?"

Until there's pushback from clubs...a real revolutionary group that says "enough!" and stops affiliating...or better still forms a new representative body that has sailors as their primary stakeholders....we can just sit back and piss'n moan. (and yeah..I'm so over this shit that I'm probably ok with that). That said, if there are people out there with the drive and the skills, the money and the time....I'd be happy to play whatever supporting role in the re-imagining of the sport I love.

Once again we see that this sport, much like this country...operates in spite of its governing bodies, not because of it.

Rawhide

Super Anarchist
Pittwater
Until there's pushback from clubs...a real revolutionary group that says "enough!" and stops affiliating...
There wont be any push back from clubs, club officers are continually enticed with the prospect of membership of the AS elite. 

The only hope I see is to concede that AS does not represent us the sailors and create a "players association" as in most other professional sports 

Couta

Super Anarchist
Australia
There wont be any push back from clubs, club officers are continually enticed with the prospect of membership of the AS elite. 

The only hope I see is to concede that AS does not represent us the sailors and create a "players association" as in most other professional sports 
Probably right Rawhide...the club administration has more in common with AS than they do with sailing members...and there's always an "accreditation" to be achieved...and the promise of the possibility of travel to a sanctioned regatta and expenses in return for their ongoing commitment. 

It highlights the "us & them" we see at every club....racing sailors need race course admin...but few of those admin have really raced at a high level (if at all)...and when there's an on course screw up, we, the sailors criticise them...so naturally they're drawn to the support they feel they get from AS.

So...a players assoc would need to have its own race admin...supported by sailors, for sailors....hmmm.

Probably right Rawhide...the club administration has more in common with AS than they do with sailing members...and there's always an "accreditation" to be achieved...and the promise of the possibility of travel to a sanctioned regatta and expenses in return for their ongoing commitment. 

It highlights the "us & them" we see at every club....racing sailors need race course admin...but few of those admin have really raced at a high level (if at all)...and when there's an on course screw up, we, the sailors criticise them...so naturally they're drawn to the support they feel they get from AS.

So...a players assoc would need to have its own race admin...supported by sailors, for sailors....hmmm.
And it could follow the AS Insurance Template.Promise the world and  give basically no meaningful cover of any significance.