Australian Sailing

Couta

Super Anarchist
Australia
It starts off as just a bit of recreational fun...just a few of the crew looking for some distraction...and you find yourself buckling to the peer pressure and turn up for a "hit", just curious to see what all the talk is about....but it's a slippery slope and pretty soon you find yourself entering comps, checking scores, working on handicaps, spending every cent you can scrape together on exotic paraphernalia.....and visiting strange towns just because you were told it had a course that was "something special"....Nup...Addiction isn't pretty, so when it comes to Golf....."Just say NO!"

dfw_sailor

Super Anarchist
DFW
It starts off as just a bit of recreational fun...just a few of the crew looking for some distraction...and you find yourself buckling to the peer pressure and turn up for a "hit", just curious to see what all the talk is about....but it's a slippery slope and pretty soon you find yourself entering comps, checking scores, working on handicaps, spending every cent you can scrape together on exotic paraphernalia.....and visiting strange towns just because you were told it had a course that was "something special"....Nup...Addiction isn't pretty, so when it comes to Golf....."Just say NO!"
Yup. I like to compare the two.

Sailing, working with nature using all of your senses, to go the fastest/most comfortable/ most exhilarating/most relaxing ( pick your favorite for the day) and enjoy your skills accumulated over the years.

Golf, imagining your body and mind are in perfect oneness to get that perfect shot every time, against the reality that your body isn't going to work the way you want it to unless you do it as a job.

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
Yup. I like to compare the two.

Sailing, working with nature using all of your senses, to go the fastest/most comfortable/ most exhilarating/most relaxing ( pick your favorite for the day) and enjoy your skills accumulated over the years.

Golf, imagining your body and mind are in perfect oneness to get that perfect shot every time, against the reality that your body isn't going to work the way you want it to unless you do it as a job.

Golf has a cheaper cost of entry and poncy club houses. Because of the cheaper cost, there are more people there and proportionally more of them are arseholes. Plus the entire system is equally riddled with faux snobbery - look at all those 'Royal...' courses out there, bad as yacht clubs really.

If I want to really upset my GF all I'd need to do is hint that I was thinking of taking up golf.

FKT

DtM

Super Anarchist
Out of the Office
I will say this about GRS, he does read this stuff and often, in good humour participates. He is open with his contact details and invites contact.

Sure I disagree with him about a lot of stuff but at least he man's up (or is that person's up) a lot of the time.

I reckon he would like his chances of staying safe with you lot firing golf balls at him.

SPORTSCAR

Super Anarchist
AMS is a Mickey Mouse rule. The only reason owners use it is because it is cheap. When you take the total cost of campaining a boat in a Club 's series over summer, the cost of AMS is piddling as is the cost of ORCc. AMS is Victorian based and has failed to get a decent foothold in other States. Very presumptuous of Victoria to call it Australian Measurement System, a bit like AFL. Bite the bullet and get an ORCc certificate and encourage others to do so as well and you will have some great racing.
Victoria ran IRC alongside AMS for many years until they dumped the one that didn't work.

grs

Australia
I will say this about GRS, he does read this stuff and often, in good humour participates. He is open with his contact details and invites contact.

Sure I disagree with him about a lot of stuff but at least he man's up (or is that person's up) a lot of the time.

I reckon he would like his chances of staying safe with you lot firing golf balls at him.
Thank you sir.

Livia

Super Anarchist
Southern Ocean
golf bats !!!!!!!!!............ next you'l be looking at buying a fuckin lexus
Actually I went with the GLC c 63 AMG three weeks ago.
Just enough room for the clubs.
The tension between my licence and the 603hp bi-turbo V8 is more of a challenge though.
But had I brought a Tp52 instead of the car, would GRS want to speak to me I wonder?

Reactions: grs

LB 15

Cunt

Hear hear! GRS does indeed take this in the spirit it is given. When we take SA too seriously it is time to buy those clubs.
But that’s not to say the golf game wouldn’t be a hoot...

Reactions: grs

Latest posts