Australian Sailing

LB 15

Cunt
Fact check - AMS has 412 boats with valid rating certificates. IRC has 246 Australian valid certificates.

AMS has grown significantly outside Victoria, Ie South Australia and Tasmania so I believe AMS does have a good foot hold in these States!
Up here in the Motherland, we view AMS like we view that other Victoria game AFL. No one understands it and you get points for missing.

00seven

James "Grumpy" Bond
Blue marble
Fact check - AMS has 412 boats with valid rating certificates. IRC has 246 Australian valid certificates.

AMS has grown significantly outside Victoria, Ie South Australia and Tasmania so I believe AMS does have a good foot hold in these States!
NT is exclusively AMS, has been since the late 90s

AMS is a Mickey Mouse rule. The only reason owners use it is because it is cheap. When you take the total cost of campaining a boat in a Club 's series over summer, the cost of AMS is piddling as is the cost of ORCc. AMS is Victorian based and has failed to get a decent foothold in other States. Very presumptuous of Victoria to call it Australian Measurement System, a bit like AFL. Bite the bullet and get an ORCc certificate and encourage others to do so as well and you will have some great racing.
AMS has more boats, in more states, than any other measurement rule in the country, and has done for years. If you were not so lazy, you could have compared the closeness of results compared to other rating systems. Sometimes you come across as vaguely stupid, and then you open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Bill E Goat

Super Anarchist
Sydney
Actually I went with the GLC c 63 AMG three weeks ago.
Just enough room for the clubs.
The tension between my licence and the 603hp bi-turbo V8 is more of a challenge though.
But had I brought a Tp52 instead of the car, would GRS want to speak to me I wonder?
DId you take a second job to pay for the speeding fines and fuel ?

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
The tension between my licence and the 603hp bi-turbo V8 is more of a challenge though.
But had I brought a Tp52 instead of the car, would GRS want to speak to me I wonder?
Never been a fan of Merc, but I sold my Porsche C4 bought a SL55AMG and loved it. I had them when I lived in Sweden, not so many speed cameras and regular road trips to or through Germany gave my lead foot some exercise.

So glad I can’t afford fast cars anymore.

Livia

Super Anarchist
Southern Ocean
DId you take a second job to pay for the speeding fines and fuel ?
Did not need too, had all the savings from not dealing the GRS and AS.
Club affiliation fees x 4 so there was 3 tanks of 98 octane
No IRC renewal so another 4 tanks there
No keel inspection fee so another 3 tanks there
No radio inspection fee so 1/2 tank
No AS safety gear and inspection about 10 tanks and my time (just MSQ requirements)
No racing insurance uplift another 2 tanks
So I am way ahead on this and that is before we get to the cost of running the boat itself.
Mind you in those pesky double demerit periods over holidays, I might leave it in the garage those days

I try telling people that running a 30 tonne twin screw power boat is far cheaper than the similar yacht, they don't get it.
Anyway early November Hobart to Brisbane trip might be a bit of a bash.

Last edited:

Jason AUS

Super Anarchist
Sydney
Worse yet. I am about to buy some golf sticks.
1663280459231.jpeg

There are… alternatives.

(p)Irate

Super Anarchist

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
Did not need too, had all the savings from not dealing the GRS and AS.
Club affiliation fees x 4 so there was 3 tanks of 98 octane
No IRC renewal so another 4 tanks there
No keel inspection fee so another 3 tanks there
No radio inspection fee so 1/2 tank
No AS safety gear and inspection about 10 tanks and my time (just MSQ requirements)
No racing insurance uplift another 2 tanks
So I am way ahead on this and that is before we get to the cost of running the boat itself.
Mind you in those pesky double demerit periods over holidays, I might leave it in the garage those days

I try telling people that running a 30 tonne twin screw power boat is far cheaper than the similar yacht, they don't get it.
Anyway early November Hobart to Brisbane trip might be a bit of a bash.
Before I bought my previous sailing boat, I had a 23ft Searay with a 5.0L V8. Used to wiz around at 30-45knots watching the fuel gauge moving and dreading the massive fuel bill. Very quickly into yacht ownership I learnt that the Searay was not really so expensive to run.

trt131

Super Anarchist
What can ArSe do if a club doesn't enforce the ArSe Prescription to RRS 46 ?
Suspend the club leads to no fees !!

DtM, Its not the Club's problem. A club does not have to enforce the Prescription. Its is totally on the "Person in Charge" on the boat to enforce the regulation. The RRS cannot force a club to do anything.

Brass

Super Anarchist
DtM, Its not the Club's problem. A club does not have to enforce the Prescription. Its is totally on the "Person in Charge" on the boat to enforce the regulation.
What makes you think the person in charge has a responsibility to 'enforce' any rules?

What rule do you think says that?

Livia

Super Anarchist
Southern Ocean
Yeah, but youse cunts don't even have a club racing fleet - so, moot point :)

How is the inter-galactic Australian Sailing Queensland Yachting Australian Championship going anyway ?
You can’t say that, there no doubt there is some fuckwit at AS who has the job to read the social media and “interpret the meaningful outcomes to progress the organisational vision consistent with the strategic plan”