Australian Sailing

Jethrow

Super Anarchist
Does a sail pass only have a three use life or is the organising club making this part of the rule up as it goes?
If it's true then it's on the club. While I'm a member of my club I know some people that have had extended SailPass.

I hope it's not the club limiting it to 3 days. :cry:

I'm thinking that maybe (hopefully) the person from the RL-24 class got it wrong.

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
One positive thing on the sailing administration front, the most useless shifty arsehole club general manager who nearly single-handedly destroyed my old club has resigned after seeing the writing on the door.

I heard the clubhouse was pumping with the bands opening song being “hit the road Jack”

Maybe one day all Aussie sailors will get to feel such happiness.

Fleetwood

Sydney, Oz
A rule isn't a rule if its not enforced.
A couple of our crew got sailpasses, I keep putting them on my crew list week after week. No-one notices/complains.
What's going to happen, only protest me if I win the silverware?
Stupid idea, stupid execution...
(Got my SA newsletter yesterday. Nominations for sailor of the year, sailor of the week,... Nothing about what's actually going on!)
Rant over.

mccroc

Anarchist
Sydney
Does a sail pass only have a three use life or is the organising club making this part of the rule up as it goes?
My club has a 3 free, then nominate how many you want at $x per race. AS has left it completely up to the individual club. A good club would, and they can, make it free indefinitely. So the above club rule is disgusting.

Jethrow

Super Anarchist
I've got nothing against Southport YC after sailing there many times, but I had a look at their SailPass policies and it looks like they restrict the number of SailPasses issued to 5 on what I assume is their twilight race day... :mad:
You can utilise the day SailPASS membership for up to three (3) times before you will then need to subscribe for annual membership.
Sail Pass participants will be capped on a Thursday to a maximum of 5 people and the Sail Pass must be purchased before 10am on the day of sailing.
We look forward to meeting you and taking part of our wonderful sport of sailing, enjoying the beautiful Gold Coast waterways.

Livia

Super Anarchist
Southern Ocean
Drink the Kool Aid you get to be one of the 7 members of Australian Sailing.
Directors getting to nominate who can vote for their appointment.
But apparently no one can see anything wrong with that.

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
I've got nothing against Southport YC after sailing there many times, but I had a look at their SailPass policies and it looks like they restrict the number of SailPasses issued to 5 on what I assume is their twilight race day... :mad:
on the plus side, sailing membership is only $265 and no joining fee.

Still a dumbarse rule and at most should only apply to people who rock in off the street and NOT to crew brought in by a race boat owner.

We just keep putting the same names down each week regardless of who sails, the club is happy because it’s been filled out but don’t have the personnel to check whether you’ve got 4,5,6 or 7 people on board. Some boats refuse to fill out and don’t get a DSQ so what’s the fucking point. On the plus side it looks like it’s an unlimited number of SailPasses. AS are complete fuckwits.

Some clubs make up their own rules, 3 sails, 5 sails, 10 sails, 1 years worth of sails, no charge, $10 per sail, with a vague suggestion to maybe join, other clubs are absolutely anal about making newbies join, after the 3 sails.
club I'm in is unlimited and zero fee, as the admin think AS will stick up the affiluation fee, which, at present, takes some 30% of what profit the club is making each year.
( very small club, around 35 members, no perticipation in other nearby clubs events)

Livia

Super Anarchist
Southern Ocean
Livia,

any idea where we can find a list of "Voting Members" per. 4.1 of the constitution?
You can't, as company limited by guarantee the members do not appear on an ASIC search.
There is no public list.
Inquiries of the company secretary produced no result and he would not identify the NSW member. (not sure he knew anyway)
Amazing what you find out by paying $43.00 to Mr Beck.(Infotrack)

duncan (the other one)

Super Anarchist
Siderney
You can't, as company limited by guarantee the members do not appear on an ASIC search.
There is no public list.
Inquiries of the company secretary produced no result and he would not identify the NSW member. (not sure he knew anyway)
Amazing what you find out by paying $43.00 to Mr Beck.(Infotrack)

Right..

as an AS member, I have requested this information from them.

Let's see if I get a response - if not, I can escalate as a "Club Member".

If no joy, I may agitate at our club to apply for voting membership.

As you say, a ridiculously closed club:

4.3 c) "An applicant will be admitted to membership of Australian Sailing as a Voting Member if the Voting Members pass a Special Resolution admitting the applicant"