Australian Sailing

Couta

Super Anarchist
Australia

I'll just leave this here...Warning...this may contain "triggers"....

Australian Sailing part of united commitment: ‘We Win Well To Inspire Australians’​

(p)Irate

Super Anarchist

I'll just leave this here...Warning...this may contain "triggers"....

Australian Sailing part of united commitment: ‘We Win Well To Inspire Australians’​

Consider me inspired ....

• Love
Reactions: grs

Couta

Super Anarchist
Australia
"Bringing our collective vision of success immediately to life, Australian Sailing joined sporting leaders in Sydney today and took a pledge to ‘Win Well’ – a foundation of the strategy and a new national commitment to balancing ambitious sporting goals with cultures that are safe, fair and supportive."...seriously.....who writes this shit? Whatever questionable ambitions sit behind this announcement are buried beneath a mountain of puke inducing excreta....having dug thru the 50 odd pages of self serving nonsense I can summarize the program as "we want to win...everyone loves a winner...so....lets make sure we're winners and we'll all feel better...oh yeah..something about sustainable...and inclusive...and holistic....but mainly Winning!!" FFS!!

(p)Irate

Super Anarchist
I posted this in Sports Boat Anarchy but thought I'd paste it here as it's about conflicting information (quelle surprise!):

So what actually is the rule about measurement for CBH?

I'm temporarily working in the Whitsundays. For my sins I bought an SB20 to sail up here as it was only $2K more expensive than replacing my T7 trailer, let alone the cost of the Spirit of Tasmania plus 5 days on the road. Anyhow ...

I wasn't sure how to go about getting a CBH rating for the boat which is in one-design spec. I looked at the AS CBH website and it wasn't exactly clear so I sent this message to the [email protected] on 19 December:

Hi

I have a Laser SB20 in one design. To get a CBH rating do I need to get the boat measured and weighed or can I be given the CBH on your spreadsheet for the class?

Cheers

By 22 December, not having received a reply, I sent the same message to GRS whom I know as an aquaintance from Hobart. He replied the next day:

You do not need to get it measured for CBH because there is a rating for the class you can view here.

Nonetheless, if you do wish to get it measured, I suggest you read this, and this. The reason I still draw this to your attention is that you might get a better rating. The class provide a minimum weight which you should, if weighed, be greater than. The class also provide maximum sail areas which you should, if you get them measured, be less than.

Great, I thought, two options. Easy option, do nothing and just take the class rating, or, if I could be arsed, get a measurer to measure it. Apparently there is one at WSC.

Then on Monday I finally get a reply from Chris Zonca, the Ratings Manager at AS:

Hi

IRC/ORC measurers can do this for you the list is available here -
https://cdn.revolutionise.com.au/cups/austsailclubs/files/bozkm0dzeunjgd4b.pdf

So now I'm really confused. I do have to get it measured?? And what's more, if AS is now administering this rule, can we trust anything they say?

dchs89

So now I'm really confused. I do have to get it measured?? And what's more, if AS is now administering this rule, can we trust anything they say?

No. The use of ORC Club at my club has been a shitshow with no help from the AS ratings office. When I submitted for a renewal without any changes to the boat at the start of the season this is what I got back:

1674029404853.png

Even after bringing it to their attention and having it "fixed" the boat is still completely different schematically to the previous certificate and all I can get from them is that the hull file, which supposedly came from the designer and resulted in all the right shapes and dimensions last season, is now broken.

Reactions: grs

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
No. The use of ORC Club at my club has been a shitshow with no help from the AS ratings office. When I submitted for a renewal without any changes to the boat at the start of the season this is what I got back:

View attachment 568383

Even after bringing it to their attention and having it "fixed" the boat is still completely different schematically to the previous certificate and all I can get from them is that the hull file, which supposedly came from the designer and resulted in all the right shapes and dimensions last season, is now broken.
since when did they use ORCc in the olympics?

Latest posts