Australian Sailing

Curious

Anarchist
“The other side” include people who are deeply involved in this. Because of SA rules we cannot say exactly what that involvement is.  In the other thread they have been talking about the issue, insulting people and demanding information - yet they won’t provide information themselves. 

In the RQ cat protest thread some of the same people made allegations that may well have been defamatory and breaches of R69 as well as Codes of Conduct. They did not follow due process there, so it is hypocritical of them to demand they receive due process in this matter.  

My bias is that one of them has behaved on SA in a vicious, bullying, dishonest and vile way, and I’m enjoying them get what they deserve. That’s all. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Recidivist

Super Anarchist
1-  What process is there that deals with someone making unsportsmanlike comments outside of competition?

2- if a club’s decision to ban you from club racing initially is the issue, then deal with that.  Do not do what the club tells you NOT to do and then complain when they take action because you chose to break their rules ? 
1   Dude, even the illustrious jury addressed this.  Apparently, article 7 (IIRC) of RQ's constitution gives them the power to sanction people for conduct unbecoming - or whatever they call it.  Usually there's a right of reply in these things, but I'm no expert on RQ's constitution - are you a member?  Perhaps you could look it up.

2   Seriously - "do not do what the club tells you NOT to do" - aren't you the little good two-shoes.  When did you learn to be so compliant?  Did you live in China or something?  A wants to go for a fun sail with his mate B.  As A is apparently not a member of the club organising the event, they do the right thing and request permission (I am already throwing up in disgust at this point).  For whatever reason, the clubs denies permission ( a tad churlish, but we'll let that slide for now).  To avoid upsetting the club, A and B conjure a plan whereby A can join the boat without entering on the hallowed club grounds.  A and B have an enjoyable sail.  Club decides crucifixion is necessary and appropriate.  I am glad I am nota member of that club - can you not see that something's wrong with this scenario?

Recidivist

Super Anarchist
“The other side” include people who are deeply involved in this. Because of SA rules we cannot say exactly what that involvement is.  In the other thread they have been talking about the issue, insulting people and demanding information - yet they won’t provide information themselves. 

In the RQ cat protest thread some of the same people made allegations that may well have been defamatory and breaches of R69 as well as Codes of Conduct. They did not follow due process there, so it is hypocritical of them to demand they receive due process in this matter.  

My bias is that one of them has behaved on SA in a vicious, bullying, dishonest and vile way, and I hope they get their due desserts. That’s all. 
OK, I deduce from your postings that you are what is called an "authoritarian" - unquestioning obeisance to someone in authority - often characterised by in inappropriate references to laws that don't exist or don't apply (SA rules, Codes of Conduct - which ones? - due process - only in one direction?). 

Even though you only see the world in black or white, there is always the chance that you are right - why not test that possibility by following the "due process"?  Unless, of course, you have a personal involvement that might give you something to lose - in which case why risk posting here unless to throw dirt?

OK, calling this quits for now - on the verge of PUI.  Hopefully the morn will bring some enlightenment.

Cheers

R

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious

Anarchist
Yes, it’s easy to look up.  The rules give unfettered discretion to refuse or revoke visitors, without giving a reason. There’s also rules about sailing as a guest.  

You are assuming that the club’s reasons are churlish. They could also have had little legal or ethical option....

People could have asked the club to change their mind. They could have sailed elsewhere.  Instead they broke the rules. If they broke the rules then it is hypocritical to whine about the actions of the club or AS. The club and AS followed the rules. 

SCANAS

Super Anarchist
Brisbane
JEESUS,

Recidivist, catch up.

Why do you think permission was necessary for this individual, to sail  as crew in a club organised FUN event.

Why do you think this crew who appears to work right next to the the club was no longer a  member.
Again NFI. 

Curious

Anarchist
OK, I deduce from your postings that you are what is called an "authoritarian" - unquestioning obeisance to someone in authority - often characterised by in inappropriate references to laws that don't exist or don't apply (SA rules, Codes of Conduct - which ones? - due process - only in one direction?). 

Even though you only see the world in black or white, there is always the chance that you are right - why not test that possibility by following the "due process"?  Unless, of course, you have a personal involvement that might give you something to lose - in which case why risk posting here unless to throw dirt?

OK, calling this quits for now - on the verge of PUI.  Hopefully the morn will bring some enlightenment.

Cheers

R
Nope, I’m not an authoritarian at all, and I see many shades. The SA rule I referred to is the one against outing posters.  The Code of Conduct is one I can’t give more information about without breaking the SA rule and getting a lifetime ban.

I don’t know why you’re assuming due process hasn’t been followed.  The two main strands seem to have been satisfied. 

Recidivist

Super Anarchist
Fuck it - one more point while I'm lubed up!

If a club tried to tell me who I can or cannot have on my boat - I would tell them to fuck off.  My friends are not something over which they do, or should, have any control.

This happened a few years back in Darwin - a bloke got time out from the club for getting pissed and untidy.  He was regular crew for "the Doc" who ran the only serious blue water program in Darwin in those days.  Bung was a pisshead and not even good on a boat, but the Doc liked him.  Even though Bung was disqualified from taking part in club events, the Doc took him as crew.  The Club blustered, but the Doc was patron of the club, loved by all, and ran the only serious program - the club was forced to back down.  Bung stayed away from the bar for the timeout period, and kept sailing with the Doc. 

A proper outcome, I say.  The club went past the line when they purported to tell someone who they could have on their boat.

LB 15

Cunt
JEESUS,

Recidivist, catch up.

Why do you think permission was necessary for this individual, to sail  as crew in a club organised FUN event.

Why do you think this crew who appears to work right next to the the club was no longer a  member.
He resigned. Never been banned. Never been found guilty of anything under the club rules or the RRS. The findings in the redress hearing clearly stated that. 

But you keep up the good work slinging complete lies from behind your little sock puppet. Again what is your involvement?

Jason AUS

Super Anarchist
Sydney
My bias is that one of them has behaved on SA in a vicious, bullying, dishonest and vile way
You’re kidding, right? Have you ever read any of the forum threads in this place? 99.9% of the posters here have some form of mental instability. Myself included.

SCANAS

Super Anarchist
Brisbane

My bias is that one of them has behaved on SA in a vicious, bullying, dishonest and vile way, and I’m enjoying them get what they deserve. That’s all. 
Who was insulted in the other thread, you? 

How would outing anybody change the publicly available facts. 

Do you support a SAILING club rejecting entries for a SAILING event & then hiring a legal team to attend the redress? Seems questionable to me! 

LB 15

Cunt
There are some very serious points to be raised. Such as;

1- Had the competitor made repeated claims or implications that the club's protest committee and officials had been corrupt, dishonest or incompetent in the now-deleted "Queensland catamaran collision" thread on a well known sailing site?

2- If so, would that have been a breach of the RYA and AS Codes of Conduct for a sailing instructor?

3- Does a sporting body have a duty of care to protect their members and volunteers from public abuse and harassment?

4- If a competitor has publicly abused a protest committee, wouldn't it be unfair to expect another set of volunteers to act as a protest committee when that person was a competitor?

5- Wouldn't if be unfair to other competitors if they could come up in a hearing against someone who had publicly insulted and abused a protest committee of that club, and whose judgement could therefore be affected?

6- Can a private club stop someone from competing in a club race, subject to normal anti-discrimination laws? 

7- If someone has breached the rules of a private club, should that person expect that club and its volunteers to spend the time and hassle to let that person sail with them, knowing that he broke the club rules when he wanted and that they could cop vicious public abuse from them whenever he decided?

8- Is the abuse of sporting officials a known problem?

9 - Why should anyone give up their own time to help run a race for someone who has thrown shit at them in public?

10- Would other clubs and the RYA do anything about a competitor and instructor who abuses volunteers and breaches the RYA Code of Conduct?

These are very serious accusations you make. Did you make a complaint? What action was taken? Did the juror in question state their conflict of interest and recluse themselves from hearing related matters? Did you report the person to AS? What about the RYA? What do they have do do with this? If you feel that strongly about this you should make a complaint. Of course no creditable organisation will action an anonymous complaint so you would have to use your real name. And we know you won’t  crawl out from under your rock to do that. 

You are a spineless toad. 

Curious

Anarchist
Who was insulted in the other thread, you? 

How would outing anybody change the publicly available facts. 

Do you support a SAILING club rejecting entries for a SAILING event & then hiring a legal team to attend the redress? Seems questionable to me! 
Volunteers on the protest committee were abused. If someone is going to do that then their entry should be rejected as it would be in other sports