Australian Sailing

LB 15

Cunt
Any chance Marco Gradoni could drop Greta home in his Opti? Her Nobel prize won't take up much room.

I guess they gave it to him because with the extinction due to begin in only 14 months none of us will live long enough to see him win a Gold Medal or an AC. WS are just bowing to the 'I want it all now' generation.

LB 15

Cunt
More from the WS conference. God I wish I could photo shop. The opportunities for what is up on that screen are endless. 

C749880C-AF13-4D86-B00D-67A479A643D9.jpeg

Pollination

EC
How can you be so silly to only ask for a Million? You cannot support any freeloaders yachting programs or social needs with such a small amount. 

pulpit

Super Anarchist
^^^^ This is actually WS voting for an Optimist sailor to be awarded the 2019 male Rolex World Sailor of the Year......seriously.....Marco Gradoni...look it up!!

How seriously disconnected from the real sailing world do you need to be for a kid to be not only nominated, but win what is supposed to be a prestigious award in our sport....

The desperation of these people is palpable......WS struggles for relevance and so goes to the emotion of "youth & the future" for this award in an attempt to find a common support base. The result? Incomprehensible...bringinging further into question the ability of this organisation to reflect on and respond to the needs of its participation base...fucking sad.
Couta,

The problem AS and WS have is they are very happy to favour a few for their own interests and stuff the rest. Even if the other sailors are as good or better sailors than the ones that they are supporting. 

Back a few years ago, I’ve seen AS act on others personal interests and hound a 13 year old after a nationals  until  the father of this child threatened AS with legal action. This child dropped out of the sport 

I’ve seen AS, support parents from the lota fishing club exclude a child from nationals because they thought their child was a far better sailor and they were drinking red wine with a AS employee and I child missed out on Sailing. 

I’ve even been shafted by AS, a parent who would stop at nothing for his child to win and would openly push the rules and cross the line of fair play, didn’t like it when he was told to play by the rules. All AS did was side with the  questionable parent because they had money and I was pushed aside. A interesting side note is the AS employee in all or these cases is a National  judge / jury member. 

So WS giving in to a parent for their own interests, it’s not surprising. It just goes to show how out of touch WS and AS are. 

Pulpit

kawalski

Anarchist
Ireland
^^^^ This is actually WS voting for an Optimist sailor to be awarded the 2019 male Rolex World Sailor of the Year......seriously.....Marco Gradoni...look it up!!

How seriously disconnected from the real sailing world do you need to be for a kid to be not only nominated, but win what is supposed to be a prestigious award in our sport....

The desperation of these people is palpable......WS struggles for relevance and so goes to the emotion of "youth & the future" for this award in an attempt to find a common support base. The result? Incomprehensible...bringinging further into question the ability of this organisation to reflect on and respond to the needs of its participation base...fucking sad.
What is your issue with Marco winning the award? I think it's an incredible achievement to win 3 world championships in that class when you have to be under 16 to compete. Sailors develop so fast at that age to win a worlds at 14 is incredible.

Also the level of competition in the Optimist is the best you will find at that age group. And majority of the best sailors I have raced against have grown up sailing them.

Who would you rather have won it?