Autopilots

SSolo

England
have spent 1o0000's of mile short handed / solo ; IMHO the all in one tiller pilots are not even damp proof and hence why you need  quiver of them. Save your money up and install a separate ram and pilot computer.
IMHO it is all in setting up and calibrating carefully ; most people switch on and let the brains do it - dont!    Spend the time calibrating instruments, rudder feedback, log, wind angle etc - you will benefit

looking at pilot computers

Raymarine - on open 30 mono and 40 offshore tri ; 
didnt like them, were ok in compass mode and poor in wind modes, could only do only apparent wind angle. this may have changed
set up i found awkward as IMHO it was set up as 'plug n play' rather than setting up to personal needs/preference, but is you want low cost basic then they fit the bill

B&G 5000
have had/have them on both on the Open 50 mono and Seacart 30 tri
great, takes time setting up and calibrating  everything carefully including the 'what to do, when' eg bare away or round up in a gust. But is much easier with B&G web interface
(NB the simrad computer is 'cut down' B&G unit)

looking at Rams

the raymarine linear drive ram is good, but use another computer to drive it, or better still get a Hypro ram  (they make the rams for B&G, Simrad etc) 

Currently i have the octopus RS drive ram on the Seacart with ram below deck and a long 'cable' to tiller so motor etc is secure below deck; it is easily disconnected if required
i really rate the octopus drive/ram - very simple idea and very effective

hotsheet10

Currently i have the octopus RS drive ram on the Seacart with ram below deck and a long 'cable' to tiller so motor etc is secure below deck; it is easily disconnected if required
i really rate the octopus drive/ram - very simple idea and very effective
Mind posting some pictures of this? The octopus RS drive ram is the same thing is the B&G/simrad sd10, right?