Banned

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
Shirley you jest.  How about a link?
Here is the post (not be me) - and don't call me Shirley !!  

Be sure to read the entire statement . . 

Just as Veterans For Peace (VFP) condemned US invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, we strongly condemn Russia's invasion of Ukraine and grieve for all those who have lost their lives in this horrific war. We support the creative resistance of the Ukrainian people, the brave opposition of the Russian people and the resistance of Russian soldiers, just as VFP has supported GI resistance to US wars. 

Read the full VFP statement: Veterans For Peace Encourages Diplomacy Not War

Veterans For Peace continues to take action on the ongoing crisis in Ukraine.  Over the last few weeks, many chapters and members have responded by planning and joining protests, participating and hosting educational webinars and networking with people in Ukraine and in Russia.

Wess

Super Anarchist
You are as pathetic as the rest of the leftist pussies here.  That statement and position accomplishes exactly zero.  So just go put your mask back on and hide in the basement.  It makes a good echo chamber.   :p

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
Here is the post (not be me) - and don't call me Shirley !!  

Be sure to read the entire statement . . 
Thanks.  Posting the link pretty much assured that I'd read the statement.

It's a old but good statement as far as it went.  What's the organization's take on the current practice of the US and other nations sending a bunch of offensive weapons to Ukraine?

floater

Super Duper Anarchist
quivira regnum
"The U.S. has a responsibility to pursue genuine diplomacy to push for an immediate ceasefire".

we do? I guess Ukraine gets to make the call on that. A cease fire rn is likely beneficial to Russia - and the suggestion that other powers: like France, Germany, or the US - should have a say in this is insulting to the country that has been invaded. in fact, your "responsibility" is seen as both arrogant and outrageous - by Ukraine.

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
"The U.S. has a responsibility to pursue genuine diplomacy to push for an immediate ceasefire".

we do? I guess Ukraine gets to make the call on that. A cease fire rn is likely beneficial to Russia - and the suggestion that other powers: like France, Germany, or the US - should have a say in this is insulting to the country that has been invaded. in fact, your "responsibility" is seen as both arrogant and outrageous - by Ukraine.
Sort of depends on the type of 'error' the US is willing to commit.  The actual decision no doubt depends on the multi-dimensional chess that the State Department is tasked with playing.  I've got no problem pursuing an immediate ceasefire whether Ukraine wants it or not, because a ceasefire would save lives, eliminate the potential for escalation, and we can use the ceasefire to re-group better than Russia can.