Bannon- wants to burn it all down

Speaking at CPAC,Bannon admits that the heads of agencies were deliberately picked to tear down the agencies they are supposed to head. This is not fake news this is his words.

Where do we go from here. I've always considered myself moderate on the political scale, willing to accept a mix of left and right policy if it played into a successful long game.

So far I morally object to most everything this administration does and believe it will result in a serious diminishment of our country and harsh economic consequences for a vast amount of our citizens. I am horrified by the willingness of the GOP to go along with the show to advance their agenda and look the other way of some serious allegations. The democrats are regrouping and finding their way are resisting, but in incremental measures.

What's next, can the democracy that we know survive this toxic administration?

bgytr

Super Anarchist
I might agree, especially if the EPA gets trashed. Business, progress (or whatever you call it) left to their own devices cannot self govern with any degree of greater good in mind. If trashing the environment enhances profit, business will do it if they can.

In my lifetime, the Chesapeake has been basically demolished due to development, farm fertilizer, and pesticide runoff. The EPA has made a small dent in helping recovery, but I suspect if the EPA gets castrated, the Bay will become a 200 mile long cesspool.

tuk tuk Joe

Super Anarchist
SEA
Speaking at CPAC,Bannon admits that the heads of agencies were deliberately picked to tear down the agencies they are supposed to head. This is not fake news this is his words.
Good, but I won't believe it until it happens. Talk is cheap.

saxdog

Super Anarchist
Bannon's stated objective is to "destroy the administrative state". What does that mean to you?

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
Not sure who you're asking.

I think a lot of Bannon is hyperbole. Look at Breitbart and ex-Breitbarter Milo. They're firebrands, agitators, often extremist s whose ideas won't work in normal times (so perhaps they want to create crises in order to further their ideas? I wouldn't put it past them.)

At the same time, I think Bannon's a http://code.rodeo/scottish-insult-generator/ . A self-promoting, intellectual coward who thinks he's a genius.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rum Runner

Rum Runner
Illinois

Where do we go from here. I've always considered myself moderate on the political scale, willing to accept a mix of left and right policy if it played into a successful long game.

So far I morally object to most everything this administration does and believe it will result in a serious diminishment of our country and harsh economic consequences for a vast amount of our citizens. I am horrified by the willingness of the GOP to go along with the show to advance their agenda and look the other way of some serious allegations. The democrats are regrouping and finding their way are resisting, but in incremental measures.

The truth is, Trump was elected because people felt the Federal Government was too powerful. The movement to weaken the federal bureaucracy is putting campaign promises to reduce government interference into action. Honestly I don't see this as a travesty unless I am a professional regulator working for the Government.

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio

The truth is, Trump was elected because people felt the Federal Government was too powerful. The movement to weaken the federal bureaucracy is putting campaign promises to reduce government interference into action. Honestly I don't see this as a travesty unless I am a professional regulator working for the Government.
Hoping they will cut the revenuers, Rum Runner?

saxdog

Super Anarchist
Bannon wants to dismantle protection for individuals while enjoying the benefit of what he's trying to destroy.

Bannon is Trump's Rasputin.

He's masquerading as a Nationalist. He doesn't give a shit about anything except gathering personal power. Like Trump he has no core values.

A recent example is Breitbart's use of Milo Yiannopolis as an editor. Bannon used him as as shiny distraction knowing Milo would not stand up as anything other than a scary clown once the public got a good look at him.

Bannon is Trump with organizational skills.

saxdog

Super Anarchist
Trump better stay useful to Bannon or he'll throw him under the bus too.

Wanna get rid of Trump? Make Bannon mad at him.

A

Amati

A

Amati

Can you show me that the Trump administration knows enough about Government Interference to do this rationally? Looks to me like they're setting fires and hoping for the best.

Mark K

Super Anarchist
Trump better stay useful to Bannon or he'll throw him under the bus too.

Wanna get rid of Trump? Make Bannon mad at him.
Bannon can't be President and Pence is an old-skool conservative. I suspect the Pence/Bannon relationship is already an uneasy one...though not as uneasy as the one between Bannon and the Dunford/Mattis/McMaster team.

If the OP is accurate the resultant chaos...as these agencies are supported and compelled to do their jobs by existent laws...and as these agencies are filled with career civil servants who can not easily be fired...will bring a hell of a lot of headaches to Trump's desk. He will either have to massively cut back on his golfing in order to deal with the workload or direct his cabinet to re-establish the status quo. He probably already resents all the attention Bannon is getting. Nobody working under a raging narcissist is ever safe.

Mark K

Super Anarchist
https://sports.vice.com/en_us/highlight/steve-bannons-navy-shipmates-reveal-that-he-was-a-terrible-pickup-teammate

snip:

But, sometimes, you read a story about Bannon that does contain something authentically new. Most of the broad strokes in this Washington Post story about Bannon's seven mostly uneventful years of Navy service are familiar—one of the big Bannon Story tropes is that people who knew him in his youth have absolutely no idea what the fuck happened to him that made him the raw ulcer he is today—and the attempt to locate the source of his present corrosion in his unfinished youth is necessarily tenuous. But credit where it's due: this is the first time I've read anything about what a hero-balling wad Bannon was as a pickup basketball player:

Bannon is remembered as much for his skill at sports as for his work on the ship's deck. When the Foster docked at ports in different parts of the world, the ship's basketball team often lined up games against local competition. Bannon's nickname was "Coast," short for coast-to-coast, because on the basketball court he'd never pass the ball, Mickle said. Bannon also excelled at baseball, although shipmates ribbed him for being called out three times in one inning, recalled David Ziemba, who spoke warmly about his former roommate.
Let's leave aside the bit about being called out three times in one inning, which is confusing. Let's focus on the image of Bannon grabbing an uncontested rebound, swinging his elbows around for no real reason, and then heading on up the court, one man against all. Picture his teammates first running to spots or cutting and then in the next moment slouching or throwing their hands in the air as they realize what's going on, which is "Coast" doing what he does, and that they will not see the ball no matter how open they are. Imagine the teammates realizing that they were invisible to Bannon, because his head was all the way down and because he couldn't really see them anyway, being as he was so focused on getting all the way to the rim, and getting his.

The defense collapses on him, secure in the same knowledge; they have seen this before, from him or from other doomed hero-balling knights errant. This is not going to end well, and there are nine people on the floor know it. The one with the ball matters most, though, and he doesn't care. He will get where he's going, which really is the thing he wants most—more than the points for the team or even himself, more than whatever desultory congratulations he'd get if he can somehow force his way through and pull this thing off. The thing is not to pass, or to yield, or to stop; the thing is to do, just as you want it done. I like to imagine Bannon throwing up a wild scoop, and to further imagine the ball wedgie-ing into the crook between the rim and the backboard. The game stops. He is saying that he was fouled, now. That's Coast. That's our guy

Latest posts