Barient 22-39ST

sheethead

Branford CT
I have a problem with the one of my winches, it's a Barient 22-39ST, The hub that holds the pawls on the primary gear is worn and the pawls are slipping up and jamming against the ratchet surface. No good man... I have been looking all over the interwebs for a parts source but it looks like no one has these type of parts, perhaps an outfit in NZ, but I need something a bit quicker. It's quite apparent that I need to upgrade to something that hasn't been cataloged in the Smithsonian yet, but that will need to wait until after the season.

So, any of you salty old fucks have a turn of the century Barient 22-39ST laying about after you upgraded 20 years ago? If so, I'd be interested in exchanging currency and maybe additional goods for it. Let me know.

Thanks - Jim

20150902_121136.jpg

sailman

Super Anarchist
Portsmouth, RI
Do you have any machine shops in your area? They could build that up with silver solder and then ream it out to the correct diameter.

sheethead

Branford CT
Well, I consulted with my mechanics and they came up with a simple solution, We put drill rods in the hub and pressed them together. Took a .003 gap down to to .010 gap. good as new, no brazing involved. I will need to replace them in the off season though. Still in the market for a replacement if anyone has something in the same base size.

Let me know if you need to unload something useful.