Basic 5-0 link?

Demolished

I've got an old Rondar 5-0. It's all there, sailing, it's fine, just old. My kid keeps going to websites looking at top of the line boats and gear. Is anyone aware of a site that might have upgrades/gear that are more suited to an aspiring 5-0 sailor? Maybe something like a wiki-5-0 site with products? I haven't found one and I don't think he's really trying to.Thanks.

Demolished

Thanks mikeholt. Great link, a little more realistic as he progresses. My reminder to him, as he views my posts, are the 100's in my profile pic. Thanks.

you might also try int505.org and find the old site that was archived. Lots of articles on upgrade projects that alot of people take on. There is the same resource at usa505.org. Link to the class wiki and all. Pick up some tools and give something a try

Demolished

I like the archived projects on int505. Great substance, info and elbow grease. Great inspiration. Found a 505 resto, #7439, was restored in '04, told it made the worlds in '11? The restoration was documented down and dirty, "real" reality, I like that. If true, the worlds 7yrs later is cool, might have been re-done again before '11. Thanks for the tips.