Best Olympic moment

dreadom

Super Anarchist
Geelong
I managed a pub in Liverpool, England for a while. Ever second punter would ask me if I was a "Red" (Liverpool) or a "Blue" (Everton) fan? My standard response was " No, soccer is a great game for keeping women fit in Australia but it is dead boring".
How long did you manage to keep that job? Although I suppose it'd be safer than saying you were a Man Utd fan!!!
probably an insurmountable language barrier....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STIvNjWobzA
Thankfully it was one of Liverpool's premier real ale pubs so it tended to attract beer nerds (think trainspotter) but we did have one of those old school scousers, I can still remember his order.

Black Sox

Super Anarchist
Dublin, Ireland
JBSF said:
The entire country after the last penalty kick went in.

How many millions were made very happy?

And

The Germans were not all that crushed. I was a huge huge victory without anyone really feeling the pain of defeats d those folks were super super happy.

So. If the best moment is based upon how much joy it provided?? I choose when the kick went in the goal.

Or even the half hour of sheer joy that followed
except Soccer has no place in the Olympics, in my book.
You realize you've just been banned from the British Isles and likely most of Europe (which are no longer the same thing anymore - haha) for using the term "soccer".
The what?

JBSF said:

And

The Germans were not all that crushed. I was a huge huge victory without anyone really feeling the pain of defeats d those folks were super super happy.

So. If the best moment is based upon how much joy it provided?? I choose when the kick went in the goal.

You realize you've just been banned from the British Isles and likely most of Europe (which are no longer the same thing anymore - haha) for using the term "soccer".
The what?
I think he means the British Aisles...

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
ipeegold2.gif

slap

Super Anarchist
Somewhat near Naptown
JBSF said:

And

"Soccer" is a British word. It comes from an abbreviation of the British "Association Football" and the Brit tendency to add "-er" onto words.

slap

Super Anarchist
Somewhat near Naptown
Football, gimme a break? So the host nation wins. BFD

Four years work and it ends in a russian roulette style penalty shootout. That is plain fucking retarded.

Golden point is the only way - keep fucking playing until some fucker scores or they all drop to the turf with exhaustion. No matter how long it takes.

Or drop the stupid game from the Oly's altogether.
The "They should play til they drop" is the sort of attitude couch potatoes have.

Terrorvision

Super Anarchist
One highlight must have been the French marathon walker that shat himself while he was leading, then passed out only to get back up again and finish the race!

Olympic Walker Who Pooed Himself And Passed Out During Race Keeps His World Record

PBO

Super Anarchist
Kieran Perkins 1500m gold in 96!

Last edited by a moderator: