PNW
Eric, Jr.

http://atkinboatplan...ail/EricJr.html

Tyke-03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajax

Super Anarchist
Edgewater, MD
Ok, I'll give you all of those except the Cal25. They sail well, but I think they're too spartan and limited for the kind of cruising hinted at by the OP. Great for day sails, weekends, and gunkholing on the Chesapeake though.

SemiSalt

Super Anarchist
WLIS
My dad had a Tartan 26, slow, but a great little ship. Standing headroom, inboard, kind of a galley, a real head, and four decent berths. It's draft was about 5'. Typical crappy 70's build but willing. We sailed it in everything and it lumbered through.

Interestingly, as I've graduated to bigger, faster. and "better" boats, I've always compared their comfort and cruiseability to the humble old T26.
Slow?

It was considered a hot boat when new.

boomer

Super Anarchist
PNW
Ok, I'll give you all of those except the Cal25. They sail well, but I think they're too spartan and limited for the kind of cruising hinted at by the OP. Great for day sails, weekends, and gunkholing on the Chesapeake though.
That's cruising isn't it ? Doesn't have to be blue water cruising,though there are those who've cruised offshore in smaller with less accommodations.

Besides, anyone who is handy with tools and woodworking, with a bit of work and some laminating skills, could make any interior look pretty comfy.

The OP only specified "best small cruiser"

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts