Best Yacht Club web sites

tuf-luf

Super Anarchist
Bangrak
Four years in SA - 4 friggin' years!! And you can't post a live link?
Sigh... Some stoopid YC called HYC.

Soooo disappointing.
Oy! That's the biggest, baddest and best club in Ireland bar none you're talking about there Tuffie. Not the most elegant site out there to look at (www.kyc.ie) but you can find everything and John does a top job of keeping up to date, which is what counts.
No disrespect to your club mate... was just razzing the poster. ;)

Rain Man

Super Anarchist
Wet coast.
I'd be happy to answer any questions.
Cheers,

jason
I have a question about Joomla. I'm pretty new to it, just started helping someone with a site that is based on Joomla. How come there doesn't seem to be a built-in or free-download document manager? The site I'm helping with needs to have users maintain a document library by uploading new versions.

I found DocMan online, but you have to pay for it.

Is that what people use in Joomla to manage documents?

thanks in advance for any help.

dash

By no means a prizewinner, but here's ours: www.gflyc.com

It's Joomla, any member can post articles and pics (with admin having to approve to publish), completely paper club, only about 50 members. Lots of work to do, but it's a lot better than it was and nobody involved had ever done a website of any kind before.

Last edited by a moderator:

morrisre

Super Anarchist
Four years in SA - 4 friggin' years!! And you can't post a live link?
Sigh... Some stoopid YC called HYC.

Soooo disappointing.
Oy! That's the biggest, baddest and best club in Ireland bar none you're talking about there Tuffie. Not the most elegant site out there to look at (www.kyc.ie) but you can find everything and John does a top job of keeping up to date, which is what counts.
No disrespect to your club mate... was just razzing the poster. ;)
Oh. In that case, as you where :D

As far as event sites go this one isn't too bad ;) The extension they're using at the top of the page is turning up every where at the moment where people have multi media content

jybing ho

I'm biased, since I spend a lot of time in the summers with the super-nice folks at this club, but I've always liked FBYC

A little busy, and maybe a little too cluttered of a look, but they deliver a lot of information, and they update regularly, which to me is the MOST important thing a club website can do.

Plus, they're hosting the Opti Nationals this year! (Already a special page set up for that event, linked off the main page).

summerheat

Latest posts