Bezos a sailor too (slightly different scale than Zuckerberg)

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
This boat is a monstrosity....I wonder whether Bezos sails at all
You mean a monster, ok. And why wonder or worry about Bezos?

I bet he’s got enough brains to know how to set an autopilot, or even which way to turn the wheel. Unlike you when you'd grown out of your Optimist and you turned the wrong way, jibed the boat, and the boom flattened your head. Or do you have a degree in electrical engineering and computer science?

It's not about sailing - it's his entry in the billionaires dick swinging contest.
If I ever be billionaire I will buy one of these to serve as personal yacht. I heard that used ones are quite cheap. Just weld few office blocks on top of it and call it a day. There wont be larger one in Monte Carlo when I park this on the bay.

Knock-Nevis-samyj-bolshoj-korabl-8.jpg

Needless to say, I wont be a billionaire...

Parma

Super Anarchist
here
If I ever be billionaire I will buy one of these to serve as personal yacht. I heard that used ones are quite cheap. Just weld few office blocks on top of it and call it a day. There wont be larger one in Monte Carlo when I park this on the bay.

Needless to say, I wont be a billionaire...
No swim platfrom. Pass.

Schakel

Dayboat sailor
Last edited by a moderator:

LakeBoy

Random Internet Guy
OK, so the scale is unusual

Yes, it can be considered a historical monument

However, is this really different from a "normally large" yachts being moved down a street from one location to another that requires traffic signals, signs and overhead wires to be temporarily removed to allow a one time passage?  

Santanasailor

Charter Member. Scow Mafia
North Louisiana
Is this the rig design developed undercover?

"This Windjammer Project is a 86 meter (loa) three-masted barque. Her hull will be from Alustar aluminium, the masts from aluminium to the height of the cross-trees, then carbon fibre. The yards (also carbon fibre) will feature ingenious in-yard furling for the square sails.

This project is a design study."

https://www.dykstra-na.nl/designs/windjammer-project/#

View attachment 469746
if I was going to build a mega yacht, I appreciate the design, at least it looks like a boat.

That would be too low rent for Monaco.

Now this...

The way things are going, it's only a matter of time.
Just a wee bit longer and I could use it to land and take off in my Cessna Cardinal.  Now that would be FUN!  If I could still afford to fly a Cardinal.  Flying is something retired folks don’t do.