Biden Gun Control

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa
Missed it? You replied to it in this thread.

Admittedly, I used to post that .22's are not military weapons. I was wrong and have repeatedly admitted it. That's why I call them battlefield .22's: to make it clear to people that I understand that these are suitable militia weapons and deserving of the highest level of second amendment protection.

My view is that any gun that is subject to an assault weapon ban is very likely a military weapon, suitable for militia use, and should get the highest second amendment protection. I actually now share the TeamD goal of defining any and every gun as "military." For opposite reasons, but we can at least share a goal!
you are a weird fellow, dogballs, :rolleyes:  you cannot see the mess 

get a cheap shrink, in florida

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Admittedly, I used to post that .22's are not military weapons. I was wrong and have repeatedly admitted it. That's why I call them battlefield .22's: to make it clear to people that I understand that these are suitable militia weapons and deserving of the highest level of second amendment protection.

My view is that any gun that is subject to an assault weapon ban is very likely a military weapon, suitable for militia use, and should get the highest second amendment protection. I actually now share the TeamD goal of defining any and every gun as "military." For opposite reasons, but we can at least share a goal!
Yep ... this is the rankest bullshit I've read on here ... a tad ahead of AJ's repeated threats of defamation suits. 

Each and every time you wrote "battlefield" you were mocking the notion. Every reader here knows that.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Yep ... this is the rankest bullshit I've read on here ... a tad ahead of AJ's repeated threats of defamation suits. 

Each and every time you wrote "battlefield" you were mocking the notion. Every reader here knows that.
Is it my fault that it's hard to take TeamD seriously without sounding like I'm mocking?

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Firearm Licensing Bill Introduced In Senate

Specifically, introduced by Cory Booker, who should really know better than this:

‘‘(3) BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION.—7
‘‘(A) I N GENERAL.—Before issuing a license under this section, the Attorney General shall—

‘‘(i) conduct a background investigation on the applicant; and

‘‘(ii) deny any license if receipt of a firearm would violate subsection (g) or (n) of section 922 or any provision of State law
If you don't know about subsection (g) of 922, it says that gun possession is illegal for a person

who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));
There's no such thing as a legal user of cannabis under federal law. It's a Schedule 1 substance, so any use is abuse by definition.

It's already illegal for any cannabis user to possess a gun but there's really no good way to catch all the violators. Cory wants to fix that problem.

I think the stupid drug war IS that problem and Cory Booker often seems to agree, but it doesn't seem that way at all this morning.

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Is it my fault that it's hard to take TeamD seriously without sounding like I'm mocking?
You are mocking legislators but readers here mock you. You and AJ and Mike, too, seem to lack the cognition gene that senses mockery. I predict you'll continue just as you have for years. It's just how people are.

jocal505

near Seattle, Wa
Hah! Not the ones I respect!
Name the names...since the locals around here refer to you as "Dogballs."

dogballs .png

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Hah! Not the ones I respect!
Yeah, them too. :rolleyes:

Like I said,  you seem to lack the cognition gene that senses mockery. I predict you'll continue just as you have for years. It's just how people are. Now, however, you can tell yourself that very polite people respect you. 

As someone who does respect your insights into Scotus matters and farm activities I've often appreciated your views on those topics. When I'm king, auto block will be installed for your O SO REPETITIVE and deceptive practices re weapons. 

Have a pleasant day, Cap.

jocal505

near Seattle, Wa
Hah! Not the ones I respect. And there's no way I'm going to sic a creepy stalker like yourself on people I respect, so you can just guess who you should endlessly harass.
I have few issues with the locals, but you fall a different category.

My own beef? You are the guy whose MO was to take daily shits on MLK. Yeah, you were the guy working twelve forms of race-baiting, on Political Anarchy, until 2020. This drew my attention.

With Tom Ray, and with Florida in general, I have found that it is what it is.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
My own beef? You are the guy whose MO was to take daily shits on MLK. Yeah, you were the guy working twelve forms of race-baiting, on Political Anarchy, until 2020. This drew my attention.
Yes, I admit I quoted your incredibly racist comment and said I disapprove on more than one occasion.

I see that you still need that kind of attention, so...

The immature, short-sighted desire for gunpower is amplified, and more volatile, among blacks. Even more deadly than among whites.
Since no one else here will tell you becaus TeamD, that's the most racist thing that has ever appeared on this forum and you should be ashamed. No way I'm taking anti-racism lessons from the author of THAT shit.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Biden calls 9mm ‘high-caliber weapons,’ suggests banning them

Recounting a visit to a New York trauma hospital, Biden said doctors showed him X-rays of gunshot wounds. 

"They said a .22-caliber bullet will lodge in the lung, and we can probably get it out — may be able to get it and save the life. A 9mm bullet blows the lung out of the body," Biden said.

"So, the idea of these high-caliber weapons is, uh, there’s simply no rational basis for it in terms of self-protection, hunting," Biden added. "Remember, the constitution was never absolute." 

"You couldn’t buy a cannon when the Second Amendment was passed," Biden said. "You couldn’t go out and purchase a lot of weaponry." 

I thought the rational basis for owning battlefield .22's and other such weapons of war was to maintain readiness of the militia, nothing to do with hunting. After all, when considering the second amendment, it's important to focus on the first part. So it's about protecting militia weapons.

Militia weapons like the cannons at Lexington and Concord, for example, or like the ones on the private peaceships that President Madison sent to attack the British Navy as part of a war.

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
(https://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/03/americas/us-gun-statistics/index.html), ‘Gun homicide rates are 25.2 times higher in the US when compared to other high-income countries.’ 

Gun owners are more likely to die from guns than non gun owners.

This fictional belief that it is a personal constitutional right to bear arms needs to be put in the grave.