Bill E Goat

Super Anarchist
Sydney
"Around forty five fire fighters" 

WTF do they get paid a bonus for each callout, see it all the time

Last edited by a moderator:

seaker

Maine
"Fire crews in breathing apparatus used fifteen Carbon Dioxide extinguishers and two hose lines to put out the fire."

That's a lot of CO2.  But the good thing is no damage from it.  

Or they have no idea what they'll need or how bad it will get, so they send the lot.

Or they're bored.
Yes, as bad as marina fires can get, send a lot of guys, as soon as you get the call, might be moving boats to make a fire break etc, can always send some of the guys back,  with wry apologies for interrupting the cricket

Sidecar

…………………………
Tasmania
"Fire crews in breathing apparatus used fifteen Carbon Dioxide extinguishers and two hose lines to put out the fire."

That's a lot of CO2.  But the good thing is no damage from it.  
Standard OP for electrical fires is either dry powder or CO2. In a hull which can fill up with CO2, being heavier than air, it causes the least amount of post fire damage..... There will still be plenty of black soot over everything to clean out, even if the actual fire damage is minimal.....

You don't think the old hummer goes on the new boat do you?

But knowing this programme I can't see the "old" boat getting anything less than the best either.

Hopefully just smoke & minor scorch damage.

pulpit

Super Anarchist
Must be time for a major refit anyway and now even a few deck modifications as you will need to cut out any damaged deck area. 

I wonder if the mast is damaged in any way in the fire ?

Pulpit 

Recidivist

Super Anarchist
How many of those have to occur before some thought goes into type, condition they are in and power supply. They work their guts out. 
Yeah, it's bloody stupid to take a multi-million dollar race yacht, built of highly flammable materials, and then rely on a $150 De Longhi Dehummer, running 24 /7, to keep it warm and dry.  But everyone does ... (I did too for many years!). :wacko:

DELETED

Anarchist
I just spent $370aus on a delongi dehumidifier for on my little boat! I feel ripped off if you guys can get them for $150! 

Maybe i’ll get smaller flames from my expensive one.... :huh: