Bin Laden Dead?

Rail Meat

Super Anarchist
Mystic, CT
Here is more: http://www.nationalj...-laden-20110502

If you know so much about these black ops, I think everyone would love to hear about it. Please do enlighten us.

Are you an expert on Special Ops? Were you a SEAL (or just a weasel? ) My guess is weasel.
I am neither. But unlike you, I know what I am talking about. You obviously haven't figured our that the internet is full of crap. In the interest of what this actual thread is about, this is my last post on this matter, but I am not gonna sit by idly and not say something with you making baseless speculation about stuff which you obviously aren't familiar. Don't say dumb shit like "black ops" for starters. And that there is no "official name" for these guys and "they don't official exist", which are all false statements. It doesn't take much googling for you to figure this out, as opposed to regurgitation of your go to web b.s.

If you want to talk to a real live walking talking guy from the team, I would be happy to set it up for you.
You are wasting your breath. NGS has proven him/herself functionally retarded over and over again. You can't fix stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

nannygovtsucks

Super Anarchist
Here is more: http://www.nationalj...-laden-20110502

If you know so much about these black ops, I think everyone would love to hear about it. Please do enlighten us.

Are you an expert on Special Ops? Were you a SEAL (or just a weasel? ) My guess is weasel.
I am neither. But unlike you, I know what I am talking about. You obviously haven't figured our that the internet is full of crap. In the interest of what this actual thread is about, this is my last post on this matter, but I am not gonna sit by idly and not say something with you making baseless speculation about stuff which you obviously aren't familiar. Don't say dumb shit like "black ops" for starters. And that there is no "official name" for these guys and "they don't official exist", which are all false statements. It doesn't take much googling for you to figure this out, as opposed to regurgitation of your go to web b.s.

If you want to talk to a real live walking talking guy from the team, I would be happy to set it up for you.
I am neither. But unlike you, I know what I am talking about.
But you provide no evidence in support of your expertise, just invective.

Don't say dumb shit like "black ops" for starters. And that there is no "official name" for these guys and "they don't official exist", which are all false statements.
Again, you offer no support for your claims. And they are not my statements, they are statements from news articles which I linked.

this is my last post on this matter...
Thank you. And Adios, dickweed.

Se7en_speed

US
KDssc.jpg

JBSF said:
except for the injection of bible quotes and god talk, i am with mike and point break on this. i will neither cry over bin laden nor will i celebrate. i will wish our soldiers well and worry for their safety as i doubt the reactions i am seeing here will be any better received than were those of the people who danced in the streets when the towers fell.
Elle, you're entitled to your opinions and beliefs. But to equate the celebration of a mass muderer directly responsible for the deaths of 3000+ innocent US civilians and over 1000 US soldiers (when you account for Afghanistan and the USS Cole) to people dancing in the streets in the middle east celebrating the deaths of those same innocent civilians???? YGBFSM! Its not even in the same fucking galaxy of equivalence.

I for one will be celebrating my ass off. I'm raising a glass to the men and women who made this happen as we speak.
I'm with elle on this one, I'm having trouble seeing the fundamental distinction between the public celebrations that erupted around the country last night, and those we saw in parts of the Islamic world after 9/11... How is a gathering of students at Ohio State dancing and partying in a public fountain fundamentally different from those "dancing in the streets" in places like Palestine? Granted, the events that precipitated these public displays differ on many levels of magnitude, but I'm still not seeing how one of them is by definition unseemly and jingoistic, and the other is not...

Like virtually every other American, I felt immense satisfaction at learning of this news last night... But, I felt little desire to go out in search of a street party to join, and certainly would have preferred that the spontaneous gatherings that occurred at places like Ground Zero would have had a more muted, reverential tone, and had stuck the chord of respect and remembrance for the victims of 9/11 that the President so eloquently did in his address last night...

Just human nature, I suppose, further evidence perhaps we're not all that different from those we claim to hate us for our freedom, after all... I'm having a tough time imagining how all this will be viewed any differently in many parts of the Islamic world, than we saw such celebration abroad in the aftermath of 9/11...

As for those trying to out-do one another in devising the most exquisite desecration and humiliating disposal of bin Laden's remains, well, I don't know what to say... Such a thirst for revenge does little to elevate "Us" above "Them", seems to me...
nicely put

wabbiteer

Super Anarchist
JBSF said:
except for the injection of bible quotes and god talk, i am with mike and point break on this. i will neither cry over bin laden nor will i celebrate. i will wish our soldiers well and worry for their safety as i doubt the reactions i am seeing here will be any better received than were those of the people who danced in the streets when the towers fell.
Elle, you're entitled to your opinions and beliefs. But to equate the celebration of a mass muderer directly responsible for the deaths of 3000+ innocent US civilians and over 1000 US soldiers (when you account for Afghanistan and the USS Cole) to people dancing in the streets in the middle east celebrating the deaths of those same innocent civilians???? YGBFSM! Its not even in the same fucking galaxy of equivalence.

I for one will be celebrating my ass off. I'm raising a glass to the men and women who made this happen as we speak.
I'm with elle on this one, I'm having trouble seeing the fundamental distinction between the public celebrations that erupted around the country last night, and those we saw in parts of the Islamic world after 9/11... How is a gathering of students at Ohio State dancing and partying in a public fountain fundamentally different from those "dancing in the streets" in places like Palestine? Granted, the events that precipitated these public displays differ on many levels of magnitude, but I'm still not seeing how one of them is by definition unseemly and jingoistic, and the other is not...

Like virtually every other American, I felt immense satisfaction at learning of this news last night... But, I felt little desire to go out in search of a street party to join, and certainly would have preferred that the spontaneous gatherings that occurred at places like Ground Zero would have had a more muted, reverential tone, and had stuck the chord of respect and remembrance for the victims of 9/11 that the President so eloquently did in his address last night...

Just human nature, I suppose, further evidence perhaps we're not all that different from those we claim to hate us for our freedom, after all... I'm having a tough time imagining how all this will be viewed any differently in many parts of the Islamic world, than we saw such celebration abroad in the aftermath of 9/11...

As for those trying to out-do one another in devising the most exquisite desecration and humiliating disposal of bin Laden's remains, well, I don't know what to say... Such a thirst for revenge does little to elevate "Us" above "Them", seems to me...
Another perspective.

Moral clarity is a rare gift, and these people want to rob you of one of the few opportunities that a conflicted, peaceful, human-rights-loving liberal will ever have to unabashedly wave the flag in joy at a vanquished foe. Don't let them! The laudable instinct to step back from tribal revelry is rooted in a sense of our common humanity, and the ease with which it is forgotten. But Osama bin Laden is a moral monster of the highest order, with gallons of blood on his hands, and he earned his fate in spades. Not because he has been cartoonishly portrayed as a villain by the U.S., or because he looks funny, or because his policy goals conflict with those of the U.S. and therefore must be destroyed—it's because he personally orchestrated the deaths of 3,000 innocents, on purpose, to prove a point. Actions have consequences!

You're allowed to comprehend that he is a person, a father, a son, with dreams and desires, and also be absolutely over the moon that he got shot in the head yesterday.
http://gawker.com/#!5797732/sometimes-a-little-bloodlust-is-in-order

...if getting bin Laden was a priority to our previous administration we would have gotten him a long time ago.
Wabbiteer,

You are missing a few things here.

1. Brute force from above on the people trying to get OBL would NOT have made a difference.

2. Finding the bastard was top priority for quite a few people spread throughout our government.

3. If the Commander in Chief continuously pounded his chest claiming that finding OBL is our nation's top priority, do you think that would have made the people dedicated to finding him work harder and/or better?

I believe President Bush downplayed the importance of finding him for the sole reason that the trail was cold, and nothing he said or did would help.

Turns out, one of the things he DID do - authorize enhanced interrogation - made all the difference.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Turns out, one of the things he DID do - authorize enhanced interrogation - made all the difference.
Well that was certainly one of the talking points this morning, but as fate would have it....

Mohammed did not reveal the names while being subjected to the simulated drowning technique known as waterboarding, former officials said. He identified them many months later under standard interrogation, they said, leaving it once again up for debate as to whether the harsh technique was a valuable tool or an unnecessarily violent tactic.
Cite.

Bull Gator

Banned
...if getting bin Laden was a priority to our previous administration we would have gotten him a long time ago.
Wabbiteer,

1. Brute force from above on the people trying to get OBL would NOT have made a difference.

2. Finding the bastard was top priority for quite a few people spread throughout our government.

3. If the Commander in Chief continuously pounded his chest claiming that finding OBL is our nation's top priority, do you think that would have made the people dedicated to finding him work harder and/or better?

I believe President Bush downplayed the importance of finding him for the sole reason that the trail was cold, and nothing he said or did would help.

why do you have to resort to lies?

Clove Hitch

Halyard licker
around and about
Wabbiteer,

My hunch is that when they are unable to muster facts, analysis or educated opinion, they lie.

p.s. Also, because Rush and Beck today said we got the intel from water boarding, and the lemmings get their info from them.

wabbiteer

Super Anarchist
Wabbiteer,

It seems that the alternate reality creation machine has been running at full capacity today.

jacksparrow

Anarchist
NY
Wabbiteer,

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, who presumably has some knowledge about what went on at Gitmo, today threw some cold water on this theory:

“The United States Department of Defense did not do waterboarding for interrogation purposes to anyone. It is true that some information that came from normal interrogation approaches at Guantanamo did lead to information that was beneficial in this instance. But it was not harsh treatment and it was not waterboarding.”

Without any evidence, and without Rumsfeld’s blessing, it seems like conservatives are going to have to work a little bit harder at trying to take credit for bin Laden’s death.

nannygovtsucks

Super Anarchist
Wabbiteer,

Officials: CIA interrogators at secret prisons developed first strands that led to bin Laden

By Associated Press, Updated: Monday, May 2,

WASHINGTON — Officials say CIA interrogators in secret overseas prisons developed the first strands of information that ultimately led to the killing of Osama bin Laden.

Current and former U.S. officials say that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, provided the nom de guerre of one of bin Laden's most trusted aides. The CIA got similar information from Mohammed's successor, Abu Faraj al-Libi. Both were subjected to harsh interrogation tactics inside CIA prisons in Poland and Romania.

The news is sure to reignite debate over whether the now-closed interrogation and detention program was successful. Former president George W. Bush authorized the CIA to use the harshest interrogation tactics in U.S. history. President Barack Obama closed the prison system.

Bull Gator

Banned
Wabbiteer,

Officials: CIA interrogators at secret prisons developed first strands that led to bin Laden

WASHINGTON — Officials say CIA interrogators in secret overseas prisons developed the first strands of information that ultimately led to the killing of Osama bin Laden.

Current and former U.S. officials say that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, provided the nom de guerre of one of bin Laden's most trusted aides. The CIA got similar information from Mohammed's successor, Abu Faraj al-Libi. Both were subjected to harsh interrogation tactics inside CIA prisons in Poland and Romania.

The news is sure to reignite debate over whether the now-closed interrogation and detention program was successful. Former president George W. Bush authorized the CIA to use the harshest interrogation tactics in U.S. history. President Barack Obama closed the prison system.

what are you leaving out poopie?

CAIRO (Reuters) - The head of Egypt's prestigious seat of Sunni Muslim learning, al-Azhar, condemned U.S. troops' disposal of the body of Osama bin Laden at sea Monday as an affront to religious and human values.

Muslims set great store by interment in permanent graves on land and accept burial at sea only in cases where the body cannot be preserved intact aboard ship until it reaches shore.

"The Grand Imam, Dr Ahmed El-Tayeb, the sheikh of Al-Azhar condemned the reports, if true, of the throwing of the body of Osama bin Laden into the sea," according to a statement released by al-Azhar, which is respected around the world by many Sunni Muslims as a seat of religious learning.

The procedure "contradicts all the religious values and human norms," it said: "The Grand Imam asserted that it is forbidden in Islam to deform the dead, regardless of their beliefs. One honors the dead by burying them."

U.S. officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said bin Laden's body was dropped into the sea from the deck of an aircraft carrier after troops killed the al Qaeda leader in Pakistan. One said this was done to prevent his grave becoming a shrine. Another said Islamic customs had been respected.

My link

nannygovtsucks

Super Anarchist
Wabbiteer,

what are you leaving out poopie?

??? http://www.washingto...fCZF_story.html

mikewof

mikewof
Thirst for revenge accomplishes nothing.
An eye for an eye, until everybody is blind.

You're wasting your breath----Mikey will never see eye-to-eye with us.......
Uh Rick, I think Nomenclature was making an ironic statement ... Essentially saying that thirst for revenge ultimately destroys everyone.

Anyway, I apogize for insulting you and Wabbit yesterday, I felt your comments deserved it though.

pfoley

Super Anarchist
Wabbiteer,

There are quite a few liberals/Bush haters here who will ignore the fact that had GITMO not existed, and the detainees DETAINED for long periods of time, and INTERROGATED repeatedly, sometimes using ENHANCED INTERROGATION techniques, that Osama would still be alive.

I wonder if those wh say that KSM did not give up the intel under E. I., therefore it was a waste, realize that the intel they point to was obtained in one of those secret overseas CIA prisons that they deplored.

"Current and former U.S. officials say that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, provided the nom de guerre of one of bin Laden’s most trusted aides. The CIA got similar information from Mohammed’s successor, Abu Faraj al-Libi. Both were subjected to harsh interrogation tactics inside CIA prisons in Poland and Romania."

Washington Post

mikewof

mikewof
Positively Mighetto.

Oh, and I believe doghouse. Half the mooks who race on the Bay are spies or operators and the other half do IT for them.
I'm consistently amazed at the longevity for that fellow's dislike here.

If I won the lotto I would buy a Mac 26x and then spend a few hundred hundred thou ripping out and replacing every component (including the hull) and reshaping it into a high-end racing craft that looks exactly like a Mac 26x above the waterline with all the quality rigging cleverly disguised to look like typical Mac crap.

Then Andy and I would race it ... All just to mess with you guys and your addiction to Frank.

Latest posts