Blades/knives. Whatcha got

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
This thread's gonna cost me some money too.
you can;t afford my MIL's knife collection without taking out another mortgage  .....just sayin...wait till i show some of the gems of the collection next week

Slick470

Super Anarchist
Virginia
Not exactly a boat knife but this has been my daily carry for the past maybe 15 years. Very sharp, has a clip on the opposite side, and opens and closes with one hand. The lock release takes a bit of getting used to, but it has probably kept me from hurting myself. 

https://www.crkt.com/m16-12z-tanto-with-triple-point-serrations.html

image.png

IStream

Super Anarchist
I love those. The carbon steel takes a wicked edge, the parkerizing does a good job of preventing rust, and it's tough enough to use as a prybar in a pinch. My stepmom likes to trail ride horses solo and asked me to recommend a good all-around knife for her. I just sent her this one. It hurt to give it up but I feel good that it's in her pack.

mgs

canoeman
maine
I probably should dig up my grandfather’s ww2 navy knife and give it a good sharpening. 

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
My normal knives i.e. my cooking knives chefs knives and fillet knives all go to a professional knife  sharpener 
with that said maybe you can find a professional sharpener near you and ask him if you could get some tips.  
i do all my knives with a spyderco  kit...   i get them plenty sharp....   it weeeellll cut..

i have a couple of emerson folders...  I don't carry them anymore...   I have a kershaw leek that i carry now,  light and pointy, holds a good edge..

i have a knife my grandfather, a polish butcher, made...    that'll get passed down to the next relative..

Last edited by a moderator:

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
I forgot about this until I opened this thread.  A bunch of us were on a camping trip in high school.  One of the guys brought this.  He needed a couple of bucks so I bought it from him. 

It's a Modelo Argentino 1891, German-made Argentine bayonet for a mauser bolt action rifle.  Part of the stamp was scratched off when I bought it.  Why, I can only speculate.

1891Baoynet_001.jpg

The case is also stamped with P1462

1891Baoynet_002.jpg

1891Baoynet_003.jpg

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
Let’s stick with bayonets as she has a few of them

The first one here is a US Springfield model 1819 musket bayonet that was used in the battle of Gettysburg

CDFBA631-2795-4B86-8CDB-C56458CED09D.jpeg

The next One is a Hungarian made bayonet from the Cold War used on an AK 47

9B2114EB-C805-431D-B095-1F7E09D771E2.jpeg

blunderfull

Super Anarchist
On left: ‘Hori-Hori’ garden tool/knife.   Best all-around bladed tool I have.   In 316 stainless from Nisaku Co. Japan.

Lan-Cay M9.   Always have a couple of these around.   Have several German surplus as well.  Basic dude stuff.

04926327-DC9E-4527-A367-AC4EC14D9153.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

IStream

Super Anarchist
If you've got limited volume and weight available for supplies, there's a lot to be said for a multipurpose tool that can cut, dig, and saw.