Boat pets

When you have been making yourself at home in random condos and almost get your owners evicted from the marina. No, you can't go outside and play with your lizard friends

IMG-20210528-WA0004.jpg

Max Rockatansky

holy fuckfarts!
Midshipman Singha (he skylarks in the rigging) with Admiral Saavik the Syndactyl Seacat snuggling up. A rare moment of cooperation…

42DDEF70-1DCA-4D06-85C5-839722A9954F.jpeg

toddster

Super Anarchist
The Gorge
Foredeck dog.  I'm not sure this one will work as a full-time liveaboard. The boat is a lot smaller with him around... and hairier.  And he has been known to start chewing on the jib sheets when he gets frustrated.  But then again, there's some rule that goes something like, "the smaller the house, the bigger the dog..."

IMG_3115.jpeg

When things get too tilty and/or flappy, he just goes to the quarterberth and stays there until the boat is firmly tied to the dock AND snacks are served.

IMG_2941.jpeg

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
See what you did...you have  opened the gates of hell

D

Ps...Jill will not let me have a jack russel.... as a surrendered husband I have lived with a string of big, smelly, boisterous, wet,water loving, enthusiastic hair shedding black labs.  Fine dogs in their own way.. but hard to live with on a small boat.

estarzinger

Super Anarchist
I have always previously had pairs - think it is better for them to have company/family.

But Dorothy was an unplanned rescue - her original human went to the middle east and did not come home.  She is not at all interested in sharing us with another cat.

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
Damn, glancing quickly, I read this thread title as “Beat poets”.

And then immediately thought of William S. Burroughs [link] (“Naked Lunch”, etc), and then thought to myself, what a sec, Burroughs wasn’t a poet in the strict sense of the word...but how can read the Beat poets and not read Burroughs too?  And then realized you wrote Boat pets, not Beat poets.

Carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
Speaking of the cat people taking over, here’s one for ya, @dylan winter!

:) 

(And an example, unlike Carl Sandburg’s vision, of the fog not coming on little cat feet...)

View attachment 443832
Not sure siamese are real cats... there is something else entirely different going on in their heads. I shared a house with one for six months....it owned, ran and dominated the place. Nothing happened without it's permission.

D

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
Not sure siamese are real cats... there is something else entirely different going on in their heads. I shared a house with one for six months....it owned, ran and dominated the place. Nothing happened without it's permission.

D
Ha!  We’re fortunate in that White Socks (or whatever her name is: alternately, Kitkat, Cat, Furface, etc) is only half Siamese, so is only a total bitch half the time, and let’s us be human the other half the time... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

toddster

Super Anarchist
The Gorge
We had a strain of Siamese crosses on the farm (eventually died out due to “responsible pet ownership”) that were basically just little dogs.  They ran with the dogs, roughhoused with the dogs, loaded up into the truck for a ride to town, chased deer, ran out to greet visitors, etc.