Boat ramp morons.

TPG

Super Anarchist
Ok, this was just a dumb ass @ the boat ramp

working the marine store, next to the city ramp, guy comes in "hey do you have a hand pump, my boat has got a little water in it"

we've got one of those small battery powered pumps for just this occasion...go out climb onto the tire to get a look in...

12" of gas in the boat

me: "sir that's not water that's gas"

him: "no wonder it cost so much, when I filled up at the gas station"

he pumped fuel into the water fill
So he missed both the gas fill and the water fill and tried to fill his rod holders.

Happens at least once a month I think.

Rasputin22

Rasputin22

working the marine store, next to the city ramp, guy comes in "hey do you have a hand pump, my boat has got a little water in it"

we've got one of those small battery powered pumps for just this occasion...go out climb onto the tire to get a look in...

12" of gas in the boat

A shop vac will get that all up quickly...

Figment

Super Anarchist
high and dry
Seen at the Berkeley Marina ramp:

redneckcareening.jpg
A nice oldschool bottomscrub beaching on the tide! What did they use to keep it from toppling to starboard?

Seen at the Berkeley Marina ramp:

redneckcareening.jpg
A nice oldschool bottomscrub beaching on the tide! What did they use to keep it from toppling to starboard?
Nothing. The boat was leaning up against the dock. And of course in his effort to save fifty bucks on a hull cleaning, this douchebag left the detritous from his poorly maintained POS on the ramp for everyone else to smell, drive through and step in.

Last edited by a moderator:

El Mariachi

Super Anarchist
On the unmoronic side of this thread, years ago in Baja the Nurse and I were firmly ensconced in our beach chairs at the water's edge one afternoon, sucking up Pacificos when a 1 ton 4x4 pickup with a nice Lance camper & pulling a 22' speed boat suddenly materializes at the other end of 'our' secret beach, about 200' away. Driver gets out, locks his front hubs, unhooks the trailer, drives around and rehooks it to the front hitch, pushes it right into the water, unties the boat, fires it up, backs off the trailer, makes one big five hundred foot circle around the cove, runs the boat up on the sand, jumps back into the truck and backs it up so the camper door is just 10' from the high tide line, grabs two beers and two chairs and procceds to sittin' & drinkin', enjoying the gorgeous view. And he accomplished all of this within 5 minutes. All while his lovely wife was still in the passenger seat. Pretty impressive I thought.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that the guy only had one arm?....

chinabald

Super Anarchist
On the unmoronic side of this thread, years ago in Baja the Nurse and I were firmly ensconced in our beach chairs at the water's edge one afternoon, sucking up Pacificos when a 1 ton 4x4 pickup with a nice Lance camper & pulling a 22' speed boat suddenly materializes at the other end of 'our' secret beach, about 200' away. Driver gets out, locks his front hubs, unhooks the trailer, drives around and rehooks it to the front hitch, pushes it right into the water, unties the boat, fires it up, backs off the trailer, makes one big five hundred foot circle around the cove, runs the boat up on the sand, jumps back into the truck and backs it up so the camper door is just 10' from the high tide line, grabs two beers and two chairs and procceds to sittin' & drinkin', enjoying the gorgeous view. And he accomplished all of this within 5 minutes. All while his lovely wife was still in the passenger seat. Pretty impressive I thought.

you got to give that man a hand

Innocent Bystander

Super Anarchist
Lower Southern MD

you got to give that man a hand
Well, it's not like he can applaud himself.

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
A long time ago in the Ca. Delta there was a small resort that had a tricky little single lane ramp.

They set up some bleachers along side that would fill up with drunken blood-thirsty Romans every weekend afternoon.

Thumbs up or thumbs down.

Knuckleheads never went there twice.
The Aspen yacht club should look into that for their yearly regatta...... Enough drunken blood-thirsty romans up there for the Open to fund the kegger for the weekend...... Charge a buck a seat...

Great Red Shark

Super Anarchist
Honolulu

So, you are saying he did this all singlehandedly ?

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
Early lake season. Markley Cove Lake Berryessa, huge steep ramp. We were getting prepped at the top on the flat with about 4 other skiboats. When this new 24 maybe 26 ft searay cabin cruiser rolls by being pulled by a 2wd single cab late 80s toyota sr5 pickup. They rolled right in no prep passed everyone prepping. All of stopped and watched as he turned around right where the ramp nose dives about 300ft to the water. He backs about 3 car lengths then goes skidding 300ft right into the lake. The boat with the load of the trailer and now sunk toyota is right at the gunnels holding the whole mess from settling on the bottom. We dasy chained 4 full size pickups together and a small case backhoe and pulled the whole mess back up to the top in maybe 45 minutes. Pretty sure that guy just left the whole mess there and ended his boating hobby.

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
I love the roller trailers. Cant even tell you how many boats coverd the last 100ft of the ramp on their own bottom.

Mojo31

Super Anarchist
Local lake on July 4 -

BrucqlFCcAEyxPO.jpg

Was on all the local news shows for about a week.

Don't want to be that guy.

Timo42

Super Anarchist

So, you are saying he did this all singlehandedly ?
I can hear the sound of one hand clapping...

Windward

Super Anarchist

12" of gas in the boat

A shop vac will get that all up quickly...
Carefill now... there are impressionable munchkins reading these forums. Wouldn't want to get sued for "helpfil" suggestions now would we.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts