Boats certificates

Xlot

Super Anarchist
Rome
I’ve seen the question asked several times, but I don’t remember reading a firm answer. So, I’m trying again with a separate thread, hoping to clarify the matter once for all: is it a fact that boats won’t have multiple measurement certificates (with the one best fitting each day’s conditions selected a few hours before each race)? If a single certificate is indeed allowed, when does it have to be presented before the start of the AC? And what about the Prada Cup, does it have to be the same certificate? Thanks

Ex-yachtie

Super Anarchist
Auckland, NZ
I’ve seen the question asked several times, but I don’t remember reading a firm answer. So, I’m trying again with a separate thread, hoping to clarify the matter once for all: is it a fact that boats won’t have multiple measurement certificates (with the one best fitting each day’s conditions selected a few hours before each race)? If a single certificate is indeed allowed, when does it have to be presented before the start of the AC? And what about the Prada Cup, does it have to be the same certificate? Thanks
Two weeks before I believe.

I doubt the challenger must use the same configuration in the AC. 

RobG

Super Anarchist
Rule section 31 has information on measurement.

Measurement procedures and documentation were to be specified by 30 Sep 2019. As far as I know, they haven't been published. Dates for measurement periods are to be published in the lead up to events (31.8). Cagliari is only 81 days away, I expect the measurement period has already been announced to the teams.

Any change to any measured component that might affect measurement or compliance with the rule must be reported to the measurement committee who will decide whether it needs to be remeasured.

Under what scenario are multiple measurement certificates required? I expect all items and equipment to be used for a regatta will be measured at the start so teams can change any measured component with any other measured component such as foils, mast, sails, etc. It's only if a measured component is altered or replaced with an unmeasured part that re–measurement (and new certificate) may be required.

Xlot

Super Anarchist
Rome
On FareVela, as part of the recent agreement it is specified that boats’ configurations shall be frozen before each series. Is this confirmed?