Bob Welch DTS

atoyot

Super Anarchist
Dela-where?
(CNN) — Bob Welch, a guitarist who played with Fleetwood Mac before launching a solo career, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his chest, Nashville, Tennessee, police said Thursday. He was 66.

Welch’s wife found his body in their Nashville home about 12:15 p.m., Nashville Police spokesman Don Aaron said.

“All indications are that it was a suicide,” Aaron said. A suicide note was found, he said.

PICTURES: 2012 Notable Deaths

Welch played guitar with Fleetwood Mac starting in 1971. He left the group in late 1974, just before Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks joined the group.

Nicks said in a statement that Welch’s death was “devastating.”

“I had many great times with him after Lindsey and I joined Fleetwood Mac,” singer Nicks said. “He was an amazing guitar player — he was funny, sweet — and he was smart.

“I am so very sorry for his family and for the family of Fleetwood Mac — so,so sad,” Nicks said.

Welch’s biggest hits, “Sentimental Lady” and “Ebony Eyes” came from his debut solo album “French Kiss,” released in November 1977.

http://fox8.com/2012/06/07/ex-fleetwood-mac-guitarist-bob-welch-kills-self/

Last edited by a moderator:

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Sad.. I saw Welch play with Fleetwood Mac and it was a great show. Just about everyone has dark days sometimes, too bad it ended this way for him. Thanks for the memories Bob.

Rodrigging

Super Anarchist
Michigan
Bummer.

French Kiss was a favorite when I was in high school.

When I had just got my drivers license my Mom was kind enough to let me put an 8 Track player and rear speakers in her Grand Torino. I didn't know shit about installing auto electronics and had run a hot wire from the player through the fire wall to the battery so the player was always on. One night while out cruising with a buddy I managed to total Mom's car when I swerved, over corrected and rolled it. After the dust had settled and the car was turned off and we crawled out the windows, Bob Welch was still blasting out the windows while stood looking at each other and the car wondering how we got out without a scratch.

Fair winds Bob, thanks for the soundtrack to my summer of 78'